How many times have you fallen in and out of love with Romo?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

After the game he said it didn't matter cause so close to half. My problem: he threw it to Ed reed who was capable of taking it house. Cavalier attitude got me

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo had me from his first spin move; his first dimply grin; his first improvised TD pass; the cute way he wore his cap backwards; his sweet sad countenance when he makes an oopsie; his fiery fist pump when he leads another comeback; his burning desire to make me happy..

Oh yes Romo I love thee:

My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine, softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean, wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star that shines every night above
And there is nothing in this world that could ever change my love

Blech.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First, shut up JJT. Who are you to tell the guy to his face what you do or don't like. Just worry about being adequate at your own job.

Second, Romo *will* do things like this: take chances downfield based on the game situation. Some fans may not like it or like his attitude about it, but he's right about how he looks at the game.

Finally, Tony's never going to catch flak from me re how he handles any press interview. That guy takes so much junk and just keeps on trucking. He's a beast.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Romo has always been the least of our problems. People are nuts to have wanted him gone. Can't win the big game? Well atleast he helped make it a big game.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
AT times I was frustrated with him for sure. But I always wanted success for him to get to the Superbowl and win it because I believe he has the talent to prove his doubters wrong. Then there were other times that people blamed Romo too much like in the Denver game where his haters just focus on the interception that he threw and not on the fact that the defense had given up 50 points in that game.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I was at the GB game last year . My whole family are packers fans and we went to the game . Romo's performance was bad. We should've put up at least 40 on GB that day . Dez was open deep multiple times and Romo kept under throwing him. Late in the 4th quarter we were still throwing the ball while in the lead . He threw two picks . That day after we lost I felt we lost because of Romo , and I was thinking we need a QB . I've always supported him and believed in him but that day I hated him.

daveferr33

Reaction score
I've been on the Romo bandwagon since the Giants game in 2006 when he replaced Bledsoe.

The only time I questioned whether he could win a SB was after the Washington game in 2012.

But then I quickly came to my senses and put the blame squarely where it belonged.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Romo and known he has what it takes to win a championship.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never. Im a Romo groupie. I want that man to win a superbowl so bad. I have got to be his biggest supporter on the east coast hands down.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stolen from twitter

Realisticaly and for reals, how many times half he ended our season with a thow into double coverage. how many times half he had a 3+, 4+, 5-pick day?
On those time i half lain away at night thinking of ways to wake up the lad. Such as a airplane flying over his castle with a banner: "No doble-cvrge" to safe money on the lettering. Or sending him a singer-gram with Jessica simpson wearing his jersey.

But this year it might be different. so candygrams and poems such as the following (if he gets at least one more playoff win)

Tony Romo of the
unfrozen tundro
I cast meine eyes to the playoffs
and iff you win I will do a dance-off
As you prance and avoid the defense
I ax you to be careful and run the offense
Through Detroit and then the Packers
Or you send me to my maker
But win you must because my neighbor say
If you don't I lose the day of pay
From our bet we made
when we were young and got, ahem, (way)laid

Yours truly Gimme yo admirer for now
(Yes i am the doctor of poetry)

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
2012 when Romo led the league in interceptions and just barely broke the 90 barrier for QB rating (90.5).

It was my belief at the time that Romo has started his slow-decline that a lot of QB hit in their early to mid 30s.
If you compare his 2011 rating on Robinson's targets to his 2012 rating on the targets of the ones who we tried to use in Robinson's place, there is a 70-point drop off.

The ratings on everyone else's targets both years are basically identical.

IOW, what so many thought was Romo's decline was actually the team's inability to replace Robinson.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I was at the GB game last year . My whole family are packers fans and we went to the game . Romo's performance was bad. We should've put up at least 40 on GB that day . Dez was open deep multiple times and Romo kept under throwing him. Late in the 4th quarter we were still throwing the ball while in the lead . He threw two picks . That day after we lost I felt we lost because of Romo , and I was thinking we need a QB . I've always supported him and believed in him but that day I hated him.

I have had many of these. I won't ever believe in him until he proves me wrong. Ball is in his court... lol.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I've always felt like we didn't have a team around him so he had to stretch to keep us in games. That being said, I have had a few games where I was screaming at the TV.....what he was thinking....like the Detroit game we were way ahead in and he threw multiple INT's.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I've always been a tiny supporter but after the Washington interception to go 8-8 few years ago had me waver. I was so upset and distraught. Then I realized you can't blame him when the rest of the team was crap lol

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I refuse to speak negative or critique Our QB here while we're Winning because it will fall on deaf ears and primarily I don't want to jinx the guy. Besides I'm enjoying the wins too much to nitpick at this point.....

Frozen700

Reaction score
Stolen from twitter

I always loved him, pause. Up until the end of last season, I was frustrated with him, and wanted him gone. The start of this season, when we didn't draft a QB, I was like "Ok I guess we have to live with him for another year" Still wanted him gone.

As the season wore on, I feel back in love(Pause) with the guy again. Now I hope he stays another 2-3 years. I do hope this draft or next, we at least start grooming a replacement. He maybe has about 3 more good years.

So I would say, I only fell In-out of love(Pause) once/twice.