How much are you paying CeeDee?

Redline360

Reaction score
Love CD and he's going to get top dollar from Jerry no doubt but honestly if we can get a haul for him I wouldn't pass that up either.

Motorola

Reaction score
I thought WR are the new RB's these days.
No -- quite the contrary.
The longstanding narrative was that college wide receivers entering the league needed a couple of seasons to get their feet wet to adjust to much better defenses than the ones they gouged on Saturdays.
But over the last half-dozen seasons, a number of WRs - highly touted 1st rounders, and some under-the-radar guys chosen later - have left the college fields to perform admirably out the gate in the pros.
Dynamic passing duos are increasingly appearing across the NFL landscape- and the success is the result of the WR as much as the QB.
The wideouts that are coming in and showing out on the rookie deal...they are gonna get paid on the second contract.

Last edited:

slick325

Reaction score
Not sure why I am saying this but I do not think it is fair putting more emphasis on Jerry Jones doing the convincing. Dak Prescott and every player understand the consequences of how their contracts impact the team's salary cap.

All players, including Prescott, should weigh the pros-and-cons of their contractual wealth and security with the advantages and disadvantages of how their contracts might negatively affect the cap. Personal compromise can both benefit themselves and their teammates (or future teammates). Whatever choice should be self-made willingly and satisfactorily. They should not be 'pushed' into a decision they do not 100% accept for themselves.

Just my two cents. Now I am going to scrub my brain with lye after taking up for Jones, lol.
You aren't wrong.

Jerry and Stephen Jones mention how much of "the pie" these players count all the time in media. Thus, I suspect they have conversations with agents and players about it frequently (and lose their contact battles every time). They was why I mentioned the Jones family.

But, to your point, it is ultimately on the players to make the decision. The Jones' have the ability to say no though.

Hopefully, Dak or someone close to him decide to be "Tom Brady"-like regarding building the team around him by taking less. Doubt it...but, hey.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No need to pay him. Let him walk. We don't have a chance of winning anything for the next 4-5 years anyway so i would let them all go once their rookie contract is up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I guess the question to be answered....is he worth more than Cheeta ($30M+). Just my take but 3 months ago I would said no but I think the new salary cap impact his value as it will all positions. Not that I agree but I think it's going to take $31-33M.

BTW.....For fans critical of players' salaries, just remember under the CBA they get 49% of revenues. So the huge bump on the recent salary cap means the owners/teams are making a killing also but they have to share it with the players.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ceedee-lamb-47611/market-value/

Here are the top WRs' salaries .........T Hill is the highest paid at $30M
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/sort-value/wide-receiver/limit-100/

Jerry's comment on his contract

Cap increase should not be a factor in what he gets paid. I would offer him top 3 pay for 5 years, with a way out in year 4, 5, incase of a serious injury. 5 years $150M. $100M guaranteed.

Flamma

Reaction score
He’s a proven all-pro wr. He’s worth that and more. Hill was traded for 5 picks and you don’t think Ceedee is worth more that pick? Y’all really undervalue our talent.

Stefon Diggs got traded for for three draft picks.
And Ceedee is better than Diggs was

Davante Adams went for a first round and second round pick but we should just accept one draft pick for Ceedee lamb?

Glad you aren’t our gm
What matters is this draft. This situation. You have no worries even if I was the GM. Because both AZ and NE would draft Marvin Harrison instead of taking that trade. Most teams would.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Pay him what it takes to get it done. If he sets the market right now it’s only temporary as chase and Jefferson will soon exceed what he gets. Which is why getting it done now is the best course of action

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Love CD and he's going to get top dollar from Jerry no doubt but honestly if we can get a haul for him I wouldn't pass that up either.
So you want to continue to build the team with inexperienced players?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He's going to want an AJ Brown deal at the minimum. 4 years / $100M. Tyreek numbers are more likely.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Pay him what it takes to get it done. If he sets the market right now it’s only temporary as chase and Jefferson will soon exceed what he gets. Which is why getting it done now is the best course of action
Pay him fairly so we can actual build a team. GM Jeru's new word during negotiations - can you say holistically boys and girls?

If he wants to break the bank trade his ***. Or let him play for $17, then tag him. Pretty sure he does not want to play at $17 vs $30 and risk a potential injury. Plus it may be hard for him to repeat last years numbers.

GM Jeruh whether he realizes or not is not backed into a corner yet negotiating with CD.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m not. I’m trading him and getting mid WR’s like the chiefs. Posters on this board and Twitter think Dak is better than Mahomes or just as good, and we’re about to pay him more so he should be able to win like Mahomes. Let’s use the picks from trading 88 and beef up the D and o lines, a bruiser back and another TE. Let MVPak do it like Mahomes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you're going to pay the QB $60M and the WR $30M. How is that going to work out?
They will back load the contract and kick the can done the road. Prey salary cap keeps going up.

See Dak's current Cap hit in his final year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What is Harrison going to give that CeeDee can't? Sure you will save $30M but what for? We are going to restructure Dak and easily sign Lamb and Parsons. After that, we don't have any more huge contracts coming down the pipe for 2/3 years other than Tyler. Also even if we had a ton of cap money, Jerry and Stephen do not pay huge money for outside free agents.

Besides.......take a guess at what we would probably have to pay Harrison in 4 years if it is as good as advertised ........my guess $40-45M

Creeper

Reaction score
that's fine, then in about 2 years into the deal he'll have a slump and we'll say he wasn't worth it, but this is the nature of the business and how the deals are going up! Not our money, just gives us something to complain/debate about!!!! ;)
The big problem is paying someone $30 million guaranteed and he gets hurt. I think they need to change the CAP rules because the escalating salaries is unsustainable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think his QB is staying here for more than a year, so that should be considered when thinking about what we'll be getting by paying him to stay.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I guess the question to be answered....is he worth more than Cheeta ($30M+). Just my take but 3 months ago I would said no but I think the new salary cap impact his value as it will all positions. Not that I agree but I think it's going to take $31-33M.

BTW.....For fans critical of players' salaries, just remember under the CBA they get 49% of revenues. So the huge bump on the recent salary cap means the owners/teams are making a killing also but they have to share it with the players.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ceedee-lamb-47611/market-value/

Here are the top WRs' salaries .........T Hill is the highest paid at $30M
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/sort-value/wide-receiver/limit-100/

Jerry's comment on his contract

Lamb will not get a single dime from me (not that he cares).