How much are you willing to pay Osa Odighizuwa

How much are willing to pay Odighizuwa per year

• Total voters

plasticman

Reaction score
Or, putting it differently, who would you be willing to not pay in order to pay Osa?

I hate questions like that. I hate free agents and salary caps.

I'm not saying we don't need them. I can't suggest an alternate method of insuring that teams have an equal means to acquire talent. I'm just saying that I hate being attached to a good player that can really help my team only to watch him go to a different one. I realize they are trying to be fair to the players by not putting their careers in the hands of a single franchise. My question is, what about us?

Are free agency and salary caps fair when it comes to us, the football fans?

How can the NFL and franchises expect loyalty and emotional commitments from the fans when the players are essentially mercenaries after their first contract?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m not even remotely interested in mid season money questions about a dude who has had a couple of good games and is just now getting some pub.

I like odiggidy and would like to see him around but, again, why now?

It’s just grist for the mill and fodder for the CZ.

Not mad, just not seeing it as relevant.

Have fun :)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Or, putting it differently, who would you be willing to not pay in order to pay Osa?

I hate questions like that. I hate free agents and salary caps.

I'm not saying we don't need them. I can't suggest an alternate method of insuring that teams have an equal means to acquire talent. I'm just saying that I hate being attached to a good player that can really help my team only to watch him go to a different one. I realize they are trying to be fair to the players by not putting their careers in the hands of a single franchise. My question is, what about us?

Are free agency and salary caps fair when it comes to us, the football fans?

How can the NFL and franchises expect loyalty and emotional commitments from the fans when the players are essentially mercenaries after their first contract?
Because most fans buying the tickets and merchandise don't have a clue about the business side of the game, they look at you cross eyed when you discuss cap.
Jerry's money comes from the morons that that love to sport the Jersey and be at the games every week.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Who we resign all depends on what happens with Prescott. Parsons and Lamb are definite, but after that the Prescott contract situation has to be worked out.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Could be in line for an extension aftee the season. How much are you will to pay him per year
Wait till he disappears at the end of the season and in the playoffs if we can make it. You extend great players not average/pretty good ones and that has been our problem here for a long time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Could be in line for an extension aftee the season. How much are you will to pay him per year
us// WE????

what we doing a go fund me lmao..who really cares the FO will figure it out..have no idea what a 3T makes and frankly dont care that on the FO and the powers with the knowledge to hammer that out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d have to see how he ends the season to determine that. His production typically tails off. Let him play in his contract year without a deal.

kskboys

Reaction score
us// WE????

what we doing a go fund me lmao..who really cares the FO will figure it out..have no idea what a 3T makes and frankly dont care that on the FO and the powers with the knowledge to hammer that out.
Then why in the world did you even click on this thread? That makes zero sense.

mardwin

Reaction score
Can't pay him much with Parsons and CeeDee due and a certain QB making 40M.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Osa Odighuizua and how much he has developed here. He’s playing really well. But man he’s not worth what he’s going to garner in FA next year. He’s a really good role player who benefits from guys like Parsons and DLaw.

IMO I would not pay big money to keep OO. The “we like our guys” mentality is ok for fans but not a front office laser focused on winning championship.

Clarke82

Reaction score
For the 2 good plays he has each game about 8 million, if not he's probably going to price himself out of Dallas
I'm glad you don't evaluate players for a living. Osa is having a very strong season. He's not Aaron Donald or Quinnen Williams but, he's in the top 7-8 DT's in the NFL and if you can't see that perhaps you should consider
not making comments about something you so obviously know nothing about.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Osa Odighuizua and how much he has developed here. He’s playing really well. But man he’s not worth what he’s going to garner in FA next year. He’s a really good role player who benefits from guys like Parsons and DLaw.

IMO I would not pay big money to keep OO. The “we like our guys” mentality is ok for fans but not a front office laser focused on winning championship.
I still see him as a good rotational player. Can Jerry tell the difference between that and a good starter?

Flamma

Reaction score
He’s becoming one of our better players but we need to let the season play out first before making that decision. We have a long way to go, let’s see if he shows up in the playoffs if we make them.
This is basically what I was thinking. We have to let this season play out. He can land anywhere between the 10-20M mark. That's how important the rest of the season is.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think we need to hold our horses a bit here. He had a really good game against the Chargers. Do we pay him based on 1 game? He was almost invisible against the 49ers.

At the end of the year when we assess his overall performance, he might be a good, but not great DT. Maybe he is worth $8 million, maybe not.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm glad you don't evaluate players for a living. Osa is having a very strong season. He's not Aaron Donald or Quinnen Williams but, he's in the top 7-8 DT's in the NFL and if you can't see that perhaps you should consider
not making comments about something you so obviously know nothing about.
Is he that high already? Hmmmmmmmmmm