How much are you willing to pay Osa Odighizuwa

How much are willing to pay Odighizuwa per year

• Total voters

kskboys

Reaction score
This is basically what I was thinking. We have to let this season play out. He can land anywhere between the 10-20M mark. That's how important the rest of the season is.
I personally think he's more of a 6-8 mil player, but I would so love to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
I personally think he's more of a 6-8 mil player, but I would so love to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!
You're thinking in line of what he's worth, not market value. He's probably around 10 right now. Maybe 8-10. But we still have a lot of season left.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see how he does rest of the season. And if in the playoffs, how big he comes up there as well.
For now I went with 8 to 10.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Or, putting it differently, who would you be willing to not pay in order to pay Osa?

I hate questions like that. I hate free agents and salary caps.

I'm not saying we don't need them. I can't suggest an alternate method of insuring that teams have an equal means to acquire talent. I'm just saying that I hate being attached to a good player that can really help my team only to watch him go to a different one. I realize they are trying to be fair to the players by not putting their careers in the hands of a single franchise. My question is, what about us?

Are free agency and salary caps fair when it comes to us, the football fans?

How can the NFL and franchises expect loyalty and emotional commitments from the fans when the players are essentially mercenaries after their first contract?
I’ve had the answer for years but the NFL won’t return any of my phone calls. The current system punishes teams that draft well because you can’t afford to resign all your home grown talent. You should get a discount on any players that you draft. One solution, only 90% of a players 2nd or 3rd contract that you drafted goes towards the salary cap. This gives you a home team discount for being a good drafting team.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're thinking in line of what he's worth, not market value. He's probably around 10 right now. Maybe 8-10. But we still have a lot of season left.
I don't think so.

You guys are thinking of him as a top tier starter. I'm still thinking more of a good rotational type.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think so.

You guys are thinking of him as a top tier starter. I'm still thinking more of a good rotational type.
You're worth what someone is willing to pay you. You don't have to be a superstar at the position to get 8-10M a year.

quickccc

Reaction score
Could be in line for an extension aftee the season. How much are you will to pay him per year
Let's see what his post season awards and accolades ( ala All pro, pro bowl) come to be.
That places a big key advantage in his new contract.

visionary

Reaction score
He’s becoming one of our better players but we need to let the season play out first before making that decision. We have a long way to go, let’s see if he shows up in the playoffs if we make them.
This
Let the season play out
These guys have a habit of vanishing in Dec/Jan
Let him have the incentive to be paid because that is all Cowboys players care about

Loso86

Reaction score
Dude has been improving every season I expect him to be no less than 15 by the time he comes up

gtb1943

Reaction score
This
Let the season play out
These guys have a habit of vanishing in Dec/Jan
Let him have the incentive to be paid because that is all Cowboys players care about
Exactly. What do they do when the season is on the line and in the playoffs. IF you show up big then you should be paid. And the reverse is also true

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is basically what I was thinking. We have to let this season play out. He can land anywhere between the 10-20M mark. That's how important the rest of the season is.
Right let's not have the front office management outbid themselves let him be franchise tagged, maybe let him have some bids to see what the market is for him before you go & sign him. He definitely would be a candidate for the franchise tag because I don't see anyone else coming up that we would have to franchise tag...maybe CD?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making him the highest-paid DT in the game seems like a gimmie when JJ is the GM/Owner!
Rico Gathers says HELLO!!!!.............. :muttley:
COWBOYS!!!!

conner01

Reaction score
He's not.
He has 3 in a quarter of the games. That’s is exactly on pace for double digit sacks. He’s playing really good. That’s why I don’t think he will be back because he’s gonna get some offers that are higher than we can pay

Flamma

Reaction score
Right let's not have the front office management outbid themselves let him be franchise tagged, maybe let him have some bids to see what the market is for him before you go & sign him. He definitely would be a candidate for the franchise tag because I don't see anyone else coming up that we would have to franchise tag...maybe CD?
We wouldn't have to worry about tagging him until after next year. Same thing with CD. But sometimes they can be worse. A franchise tag for a DT is like 18M. I don't think any extension our DT would get would ever see that high of a cap hit.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has 3 in a quarter of the games. That’s is exactly on pace for double digit sacks. He’s playing really good. That’s why I don’t think he will be back because he’s gonna get some offers that are higher than we can pay
He has 3 sacks in 6 games. If you think that is being on pace for a double digit sack season over 17 games your math teachers should be smacked.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let him walk. I might match a cheap offer but if he can get 8+ a year then goodbye.. he's worth his current paycheck finally but not much more

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let him walk. I might match a cheap offer but if he can get 8+ a year then goodbye.. he's worth his current paycheck finally but not much more
so let me get this straight fans want a great defensive line great interior lineman and yet when we finally get some dogs inside you just wanna get rid of them instead of pay them?? What are we The Jets now?? Just let good players walk without even trying to sign them just say goodbye right I don't think so... You have to test the market let's see what the market calls for a guy like him and go from there... This is as bad as the let's get rid of Prescott thinking it's just going to be easy to replace them we're just gonna walk in and have a top ten quarterback right there to replace them that's gonna take us even further... You're treading a fine line there with the whole grass is greener on the other side thinking hey easily replaced. This dude's probably playing the best out of all our defensive lineman. So let's show a little respect and we'll let the professionals who make these decisions decide if we keep him or not...