How much better is this team?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
yep, this is the jones.
They think they can take an average QB, pay him exceptionally well and we will be winners.
tradingplaceshd_pub.png

"I bet you a dollar we can take this "dak" guy and make him a legit quarterback."
okay
:laugh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Didnt improve at all

These linebackers are still gonna be playing behind garbage up front (Hill, Gallimore, Woods) so no improvement there

Bossman Fat >> Chido but it wont matter when we cant get to the QB

And we still have nothing at Safety.

Lets pray for Jamar Johnson, Ardarius Washington, Jabril Cox, or even Marvin Wilson

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to give Earl Thomas a call.

Scheme and getting healthy is going to have to be our big improvements.

It’s looking like a wasted offseason that leads to another wasted year.
And Richard Sherman, let's get the band back together and make an easy listening album.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I have no trouble drafting defense. It was clearly the team weakness.

I like the pick of Parson. The 2nd round Kentucky CB is a starter almost by default. And the wrestler with long arms may have potential if he can gain 10-15 pounds of muscle.

But replacing Dorance Armstrong with another scrub solves nothing. Rounds 4-7 is nothing more than a crap shoot.

In the end, the needle hasn't really moved much at all. We are still a 8-9 win team in my view. And the culture problems are still there

Thoughts?

Tough to ask rookies to come in and dominant but Parsons was a great pick and Joseph is a high potential player that could emerge as one of the top corners. DB should be improved with safety signings, returning players and draft. How much better depends on the growth of Diggs, how quickly Joseph figures it out, and Kazee's recovery.

Vast improvement is going to have to come from scheme and coaching.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tough to ask rookies to come in and dominant but Parsons was a great pick and Joseph is a high potential player that could emerge as one of the top corners. DB should be improved with safety signings, returning players and draft. How much better depends on the growth of Diggs, how quickly Joseph figures it out, and Kazee's recovery.

Vast improvement is going to have to come from scheme and coaching.
yes agreed its improved regardless on how you perceive it..

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I like the pick of Parson. The 2nd round Kentucky CB is a starter almost by default. And the wrestler with long arms may have potential if he can gain 10-15 pounds of muscle.

But replacing Dorance Armstrong with another scrub solves nothing. Rounds 4-7 is nothing more than a crap shoot.

In the end, the needle hasn't really moved much at all. We are still a 8-9 win team in my view. And the culture problems are still there

Thoughts?
I’ll wait for my final analysis once the results begin coming in after Labor Day. If 5 new picks from the top 100 don’t lift up this defense along with some of our other talent returning then I’ll lead the charge in bashing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Didnt improve at all

These linebackers are still gonna be playing behind garbage up front (Hill, Gallimore, Woods) so no improvement there

Bossman Fat >> Chido but it wont matter when we cant get to the QB

And we still have nothing at Safety.

Lets pray for Jamar Johnson, Ardarius Washington, Jabril Cox, or even Marvin Wilson
Nothing ??!?

Wilson is a nice projected starter could be major playmaker at SS/ Hybrid FS, Kazee and Neal all better then what we had last year..get over your perception that needs specific names in there to appease you..

Urban mixed in up front with Basham and Watkins also improved Depth IMO lets let them play before the doom and gloom...

having parsons line up with wilson kazzee neal behind and improving gallimore hill urban and woods and having Gregory and Dlaw all 16

i say its improved adding in scheme..quinns getting these players for purpose..lets see what he cooks up and how they play..umm k

Kwyn

Reaction score

Thoughts?

isn’t it a little too early to tell?

mid were just going off of gut emotional feel and not basing anything in reality, I’m saying we either go 0-17 or 17-0.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Upgrading Quinn for Nolan alone improved the defense and something tells me we may look back at this draft 2 years from and say it wasn't as bad as we thought. Remember COVID-19 threw a curve in evaluation and exposure to players. As one GM put it, he was leaning his scouts more than ever. We'll see how it plays out but the answer to the OP question, yes we are a better team IMO.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
This team is improved regardless of the draft.
We lost our QB last year. Getting Dak back is a huge improvement.
There were games last year where only 1of our starting OL were playing. Getting them all back and keeping them healthy is a huge improvement. Not to mention the experience the backups got.
Ceedee will be better in his second year.
Shultz improved and hopefully Jarwin comes back fully.
Those alone make us greatly improved. And when you have 2/3rds of your cap spend on offense, you better have a top 5 scoring offense. And I think we do.
Defense? First step is getting your big dollar guys to live up to their contracts. Lawrence and Smith need to step it up. LVE will be playing for a new contract with another team. No one else is making significant money.
Diggs will be better. Gallimore will be better. Hill? Hopefully. Gregory? Lets see what he can do with more pt.
I like Urban. Neal is a wild card that could provide real flexibility. We upgraded at FS and Wilson should be improved. Brown in for Chido is a push.
So with that alone, along with Quinn, we should be improved on defense.
NOW the draft. Parsons could end up DRPLOY. I think he'll be used in various ways. Joseph should be an upgrade over Brown at some point. If he comes in and works.
The UCLA kid should be at least an upgrade for our depth. Ghollston probably replaces Armstrong. Everyone after that is a crap shoot.
But the draft has made the defense better.
So yes, this team will be significantly better than last year.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I see no major improvement as a whole. LB will be better with addition of Parsons. Awuzie and Joseph are a wash, at least for this year. But D line is still garbage. The 2 reaches in the 3rd are no better than the scrubs they'll replace. And the 3rd round disaster pick at CB will be lucky to ever see the field other than on ST. Minus an outright miracle today, any improvement in this defense for this year is dependent on scheme and/or coaching

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They had three 3rd round picks and didn't improve the team whatsoever.

That takes skill.
Did you really just say that in all honesty. Got the best player in the entire draft with the first pick. We got our Vince Will fork,with the second

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Thoughts?

If Joseph is as good as Diggs then we are definitely better.

mardwin

Reaction score
Anyone down on the Parsons or Joseph selections, I will never understand. Both are extremely talented players and will represent starters on Day 1 for us on this defense.

That 3rd round though....i am still trying to understand why they decided to go into day three-mode on day 2. :facepalm:

Imagine having Slater, JOK, Kelvin Joseph, Molden and still draft the same dudes that they reached for in Rd 3.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Asante Samual jr was the CB we should have taken in round 2, if the plan was just to sit around and wait. this kid from UK is renown in the SEC for not giving 100% every game. So, only in that way is he a perfect fit for the cowboys.

Shane612

Reaction score
If the defense isn't top 15 by the 10 game of the season, this draft/off-season is a failure.
Good news is this defense has no where to go except up. It can't get any worse.
:laugh: