How much hate is there for Romo?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
People that hate on Romo don't know a damn thing about football, or teamwork in general.

And that's real.

Spoken like a true Romo worshiper... over reactionary at its best. In reality, there are a tons of people that know a great deal about football and don't like Romo. I don't agree with them but they do exist and I don't bash them for their opinion or criticize their knowledge of the game of football or teamwork. You can't please everyone and that's okay. Romo haters are going to hate. It's their loss. My approach is to live and let live.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Spoken like a true Romo worshiper... over reactionary at its best. In reality, there are a tons of people that know a great deal about football and don't like Romo. I don't agree with them but they do exist and I don't bash them for their opinion or criticize their knowledge of the game of football or teamwork. You can't please everyone and that's okay. Romo haters are going to hate. It's their loss. My approach is to live and let live.

No there aren't. And i love the passive aggressive blast of calling me over reactionary and then using "Romo worshipper."

He's a great QB and I'll stand by the fact that no one with a coherent thought in their brain or knowledge above a peewee level of football, or really any experience working on a team in general, would ever say Romo is a bad QB.

Game, blouses.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Two things.

1. Win it all and Romo will become the darling of the press and fans alike.

2. The hurt feelings of those who post these threads, and there are three of them on this board at this time, is astounding to me. I couldn't care less what fans from other states think of Tony Romo. Or the press. But to suggest if you don't at the very least appreciate Romo, you have no brain or understand football is the mantra of the hurt feelings set looking for validation in their love for this one player.

Is he great? Yes.

Will this opinion end if he never wins the big game? No.

Win it all and it shuts a great deal of mouths. Don't and they will always speak about him as not elite.

But by all means, cry about it until the day he retires, because moping around will surely change minds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said it earlier in the week though. If you hated on Romo prior to this season then you are probably still a hater now. He's done nothing he hasn't done before.

That being said, the national media is starting to put their bid in for Romo for MVP.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No there aren't. And i love the passive aggressive blast of calling me over reactionary and then using "Romo worshipper."

He's a great QB and I'll stand by the fact that no one with a coherent thought in their brain or knowledge above a peewee level of football, or really any experience working on a team in general, would ever say Romo is a bad QB.

Game, blouses.

The SN poll map proves you wrong about how many people don't appreciate Romo as he should be appreciated. People are allowed to have differing opinions. Your verbal attacks on their opinion says more about you that them and it's not flattering.

You my friend, could help yourself a great deal by learning the difference between passive aggressive behavior and simple observation. I respect your bold opinion of Romo. Own it!

JDSmith

Reaction score
Meh... ESPN polls. The people who respond to those watch ESPN. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Besides, I'm more interested in whether or not Romo is a viable Super Bowl MVP candidate.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Was there ever a Cowboy QB who was not hated by half the country? Not in my 40+ years of watching football. Comes with the territory.

If the Romo-led Cowboys make it to a super bowl, I guarantee it will set records for viewership never to be broken. It will shatter the present record by 15% at least.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The SN poll map proves you wrong about how many people don't appreciate Romo as he should be appreciated. People are allowed to have differing opinions. Your verbal attacks on their opinion says more about you that them and it's not flattering.

You my friend, could help yourself a great deal by learning the difference between passive aggressive behavior and simple observation. I respect your bold opinion of Romo. Own it!

Haha, I proudly own it. And really, I could not care less how flattering it is. Trust me, the last thought on my mind is what a bunch of dudes on an internet forum think about me. I also like how some guy said calling people dumb for being completely incorrect about Romo's ability somehow implies hurt feelings. It doesn't hurt my feelings to call someone dumb, in fact, I take pride in calling a spade a spade.

And, for the record, it's not an "opinion". Romo is a great QB. It's a fact. An opinion would be "Oh, broccoli tastes like crap'. An inability to acknowledge a fact implies below level intelligence, or simply arrogance.

Any coach in the league would take Romo over every QB except maybe 3-4. The SN polls are always a joke anyways, they're more for for entertainment than any kind of relevancy. 99% of people that aren't Cowboys fans hate on Romo because it's the popular thing to do, not because he's actually a bad QB. Hell, my best friend is a Niners fan and gives me crap all the time, then during a Cowboys game he says things like, "If we had Romo instead of Kaep...".

I ain't scurred!

Staubacher

Reaction score
It IS stupid to say Romo is not a legitimate MVP candidate. That does show a lack of football knowledge. The poll question wasn't "do you hate Tony Romo?".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Haha, I proudly own it. And really, I could not care less how flattering it is. Trust me, the last thought on my mind is what a bunch of dudes on an internet forum think about me. I also like how some guy said calling people dumb for being completely incorrect about Romo's ability somehow implies hurt feelings. It doesn't hurt my feelings to call someone dumb, in fact, I take pride in calling a spade a spade.

And, for the record, it's not an "opinion". Romo is a great QB. It's a fact. An opinion would be "Oh, broccoli tastes like crap'. An inability to acknowledge a fact implies below level intelligence, or simply arrogance.

Any coach in the league would take Romo over every QB except maybe 3-4. The SN polls are always a joke anyways, they're more for for entertainment than any kind of relevancy. 99% of people that aren't Cowboys fans hate on Romo because it's the popular thing to do, not because he's actually a bad QB. Hell, my best friend is a Niners fan and gives me crap all the time, then during a Cowboys game he says things like, "If we had Romo instead of Kaep...".

I ain't scurred!

You are missing the point of the poll. It's not about Romo's greatness. It's about the publics perception of Romo. It is what it is, right or wrong. You and I agree about how good Romo is but I don't insist that everyone agree with me or else.

Zordon

Reaction score
I said it earlier in the week though. If you hated on Romo prior to this season then you are probably still a hater now. He's done nothing he hasn't done before.

That being said, the national media is starting to put their bid in for Romo for MVP.

he hasn't had the brutal back breaking interception this year.

gmoney112

Reaction score
You are missing the point of the poll. It's not about Romo's greatness. It's about the publics perception of Romo. It is what it is, right or wrong. You and I agree about how good Romo is but I don't insist that everyone agree with me or else.

Nah. My point was most of the public are dumb. Big dummy doo doo heads.

And I never said "or else", hahah good lord man. I'm not going to kill someone because they hate on Romo. I'm perfectly content with calling them mentally deficient simpleton and continuing about my business.

Staubacher

Reaction score

The guy you're harassing about didn't say agree or else either fyi

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Tony Romo puts up good stats during the regular season but does substantialy worse in "win and in"/ playoff games. You can't be a great/elite qb without ever doing anything special in big games like that. He will get another chance to prove how great he is come the playoffs. If he doesn't show up, he will forver be remembered as a choker and won't sniff the hall.