How much hate is there for Romo?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
The SN poll map proves you wrong about how many people don't appreciate Romo as he should be appreciated. People are allowed to have differing opinions. Your verbal attacks on their opinion says more about you that them and it's not flattering.

You my friend, could help yourself a great deal by learning the difference between passive aggressive behavior and simple observation. I respect your bold opinion of Romo. Own it!

Yes people are allowed to have an opinion and if their opinion is idiotic they have a right to be told as such. It would be a crappy world if everyone were allowed to pawn off their stupidity without consequence.

Just my opinion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes people are allowed to have an opinion and if their opinion is idiotic they have a right to be told as such. It would be a crappy world if everyone were allowed to pawn off their stupidity without consequence.

Just my opinion.

Then...
Welcome to this crappy world were everyone is allowed to spout off their stupid notions of reality without true consequence. If you think being told off by another disagreeing talking head amounts to any true consequences then you are wrong. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans. People are allowed an opinion and just because you think it stupid and express that opinion doesn't make it so. Trading pejoratives never won a debate about anything.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It is mush to easy to call fans disappointment with romo "hate."
Disappointmant of the lack of playoff wins under him and last-minute meltdowns at the end of the season.
also coupled with that is the huge monies he make as opposed to playoff wins and Super Bowl appearance.
Nein it is mush to easy to confuse disappointments with "hate."
When he win another playoff game he will half more fans who are not disappointed. When he win a Super Bowl ring it will be a mean and confused mans who will find fault with him, i will tell you.
so do not confuse disappointment and frustruations with hate.
This I belief.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No there aren't. And i love the passive aggressive blast of calling me over reactionary and then using "Romo worshipper."

He's a great QB and I'll stand by the fact that no one with a coherent thought in their brain or knowledge above a peewee level of football, or really any experience working on a team in general, would ever say Romo is a bad QB.

Game, blouses.
He's a great QB in the regular season, and THAT has been proven. We all HOPE he can win a championship, but it hasn't been proven. I've always given him credit for that. Winning in the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl is a different story. For people who didn't grow up with a Super Bowl QB on your team, you have no idea of what it's like. This is his chance right now to prove everyone, including myself, wrong. The homers can blast me all they want, and quite frankly, who cares? I want to see him do more than win in the regular season, I've seen him do this before, been there done that. I want a Super Bowl baby. That's all I want, and this is when I will believe he's overall, great. But if my QB can't help bring a Super Bowl to this city, then I'm not interested. As you can see, the poll speaks to the majority. People don't believe until they see. Homers believe because they're too emotionally involved and homers don't have the capacity to formulate even the smallest of intellectual football opinions about the truth of their own players.

It's about getting out there, making no excuses, and making it happen. Just like he did when we were seemingly out of the playoffs and he needed to win out, and he did. He and this team, but I'll give most of the credit to Tony Romo for coming through when his back was against the wall. I'll give him the praise if we grind through the playoffs, and I'll mostly blame him if we get rolled out of the playoffs. I call it 50/50 on blame and praise.

He needs to go in Green bay or Seattle, or __________ insert any name you want to insert, and just kick butt. That's all I ask. Simple request, and we'll ALL believe in him. Until then, he's a fantastic regular season QB and I'll leave it at that.

Step 1) Make the playoffs, he did it. Pretty simple. Next step, win all games in the playoffs. Just do it, don't blame anyone but yourself. Once you win a Super Bowl, you are an immortal. That's how it works. We'll still criticize you later, when age catches up with you, we always do, but we can never take that Super Bowl title away from you. Moreno broke countless records... But you don't hear about him as frequently as players like Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw, Elway, Brady, the list goes on. Danny White was my favorite QB back in the day, but seriously, I was the only one talking about him because no one outside of Cowboys world gave a crap. So stop crying about Romo gets no respect. Respect is earned, and you can earn it by playing with the big boys (playoff & Super Bowl boys) and beating them.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo is more than capable of winning the Super Bowl. The problem is.....is this defense going to be enough to help him get there?

I am a firm believer in that defense wins championships. Our offense is ready, the defense...not so much. I would hate to see Tony play well enough in the post-season but take all of the blame like usual if/when they don't make it. He will get more undue criticism.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Two things.

1. Win it all and Romo will become the darling of the press and fans alike.

2. The hurt feelings of those who post these threads, and there are three of them on this board at this time, is astounding to me. I couldn't care less what fans from other states think of Tony Romo. Or the press. But to suggest if you don't at the very least appreciate Romo, you have no brain or understand football is the mantra of the hurt feelings set looking for validation in their love for this one player.

Is he great? Yes.

Will this opinion end if he never wins the big game? No.

Win it all and it shuts a great deal of mouths. Don't and they will always speak about him as not elite.

But by all means, cry about it until the day he retires, because moping around will surely change minds.

Some will stop bashing him if he wins the Superbowl and others who just hate on him will still bash him. If Romo wins i can bet that some people will say that the cowboys won the SB because of other factors. Then it will go from Romo can't win a Superbowl to he "only has one" like they do with Peyton.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Trust me, the last thought on my mind is what a bunch of dudes on an internet forum think about me

And yet you cared enough about what some think about Romo to post in this thread calling them stupid for their opinions. Romo's label as a choker comes from the fomenting of this misnomer by the national press. In large part to the fact the team was assembled in a fashion which caused Romo to be the sole playmaker on a franchise that had a shortage of playmakers.

Some of that opinion came from the results of the 2007 play-off contest with the Giants. The team was stacked, but lost. Something like the 1991 Cowboy's team. The quarterback gets the lion share of the blame, as well the head coach. That happens in EVERY city that hosts an NFL team, and has since Tom Landry was dropping ordinance on the German's back in the day.

As Bruce Hornsby once chortled, "That's just the way it is." But it's that way everywhere, except when the press wants to anoint their pet cats. The song goes on from there, "Somethings will never change."

So knowing this is the case, and Romo isn't getting a fair shake, and the normal NFL fan isn't as fervent as the ones here - not to mention the continual labeling of Eli Manning on this site, which speaks directly to the same issues you are crying about. One would think with all this, some people would get a smidgen of perspective and understand until Romo shuts them up, it will continue. And for some fans who hate the Cowboys, even if he were the MVP of the SB, they will find reasons why that was bogus.

Just like so many here suggest it was the defense that won, or a lucky catch, and not Eli when he clearly had a pretty solid day, taking home the MVP.

Because you see - WE are who we think they are.

For some of us graybeards, this act is getting older than the Titanic story. Because on a day when the play-offs are assured after three years of 8-8, and nearly seventeen years of disappointment, 56% of the nation that follows the NFL don't agree with you on Romo.

And that is more important than being happy where we are, and that if things align just right, he will change a few minds over the next 39 days.

But by all means, beat this dead horse if it makes you feel better.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And yet you cared enough about what some think about Romo to post in this thread calling them stupid for their opinions. Romo's label as a choker comes from the fomenting of this misnomer by the national press. In large part to the fact the team was assembled in a fashion which caused Romo to be the sole playmaker on a franchise that had a shortage of playmakers.

Some of that opinion came from the results of the 2007 play-off contest with the Giants. The team was stacked, but lost. Something like the 1991 Cowboy's team. The quarterback gets the lion share of the blame, as well the head coach. That happens in EVERY city that hosts an NFL team, and has since Tom Landry was dropping ordinance on the German's back in the day.

As Bruce Hornsby once chortled, "That's just the way it is." But it's that way everywhere, except when the press wants to anoint their pet cats. The song goes on from there, "Somethings will never change."

So knowing this is the case, and Romo isn't getting a fair shake, and the normal NFL fan isn't as fervent as the ones here - not to mention the continual labeling of Eli manning on this site, which speaks directly to the same issues you are crying about. One would think with all this, some people would get a smidgen of perspective and understand until Romo shuts them up, it will continue. And for some fans who hate the Cowboys, even if he were the MVP of the SB, they will find reasons why that was bogus.

Just like so many here suggest it was the defense that won, or a lucky catch, and not Eli when he clearly had a pretty solid day, taking home the MVP.

Because you see - WE are who we think they are.

For some of us graybeards, this act is getting older than the Titanic story. Because on a day when the play-offs are assured after three years of 8-8, and nearly seventeen years of disappointment, 56% of the nation that follows the NFL don't agree with you on Romo.

And that is more important than being happy where we are, and that if things align just right, he will change a few minds over the next 39 days.

But by all means, beat this dead horse if it makes you feel better.

Yes, I cared enough to take 5 minutes out of my time on a website I enjoy visiting, to say people that don't recognize Romo for what he is, are dumb.

It really didn't take any effort, I assure you. And yes, I'm totally crying. Maybe you should get off your hoveround, deactivate your life alert, and grow a pair.

It also sounds like you're agreeing with me so I don't really understand the point of this post.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yes, I cared enough to take 5 minutes out of my time on a website I enjoy visiting, to say people that don't recognize Romo for what he is, are dumb.

It really didn't take any effort, I assure you.

It also sounds like you're agreeing with me so I don't really understand the point of this post.

As I have no idea why you posted the Poor Romo posts you have. It is what it is.

pastordug

Reaction score
And, for the record, it's not an "opinion". Romo is a great QB. It's a fact.

So when someone doesn't agree with your "fact" that makes them a hater along with all the other names you called them? Here's another fact......that's your opinion.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's a great QB in the regular season, and THAT has been proven. We all HOPE he can win a championship, but it hasn't been proven. I've always given him credit for that. Winning in the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl is a different story. For people who didn't grow up with a Super Bowl QB on your team, you have no idea of what it's like. This is his chance right now to prove everyone, including myself, wrong. The homers can blast me all they want, and quite frankly, who cares? I want to see him do more than win in the regular season, I've seen him do this before, been there done that. I want a Super Bowl baby. That's all I want, and this is when I will believe he's overall, great. But if my QB can't help bring a Super Bowl to this city, then I'm not interested. As you can see, the poll speaks to the majority. People don't believe until they see. Homers believe because they're too emotionally involved and homers don't have the capacity to formulate even the smallest of intellectual football opinions about the truth of their own players.

It's about getting out there, making no excuses, and making it happen. Just like he did when we were seemingly out of the playoffs and he needed to win out, and he did. He and this team, but I'll give most of the credit to Tony Romo for coming through when his back was against the wall. I'll give him the praise if we grind through the playoffs, and I'll mostly blame him if we get rolled out of the playoffs. I call it 50/50 on blame and praise.

He needs to go in Green bay or Seattle, or __________ insert any name you want to insert, and just kick butt. That's all I ask. Simple request, and we'll ALL believe in him. Until then, he's a fantastic regular season QB and I'll leave it at that.

Step 1) Make the playoffs, he did it. Pretty simple. Next step, win all games in the playoffs. Just do it, don't blame anyone but yourself. Once you win a Super Bowl, you are an immortal. That's how it works. We'll still criticize you later, when age catches up with you, we always do, but we can never take that Super Bowl title away from you. Moreno broke countless records... But you don't hear about him as frequently as players like Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw, Elway, Brady, the list goes on. Danny White was my favorite QB back in the day, but seriously, I was the only one talking about him because no one outside of Cowboys world gave a crap. So stop crying about Romo gets no respect. Respect is earned, and you can earn it by playing with the big boys (playoff & Super Bowl boys) and beating them.

I was a big Danny White fan. I stood by him until he could barely play anymore. Cowboy fans turned on him fast and that was after he led us to 3 NFC Championship games. There was no internet then or 24 hour sports channels so people couldn't vent like they do now. White is pretty much forgotten today by Cowboy fans. Your legacy is made in the playoffs. I'm rooting for Romo. I think all Cowboy fans are. It would make a great story. Romo is a good guy who came back when the odds were against him. I just hope it has this happy ending.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I hear people all the time say if (insert almost any qbs name here) was in dallas they wouldve won more superbowls. ***????

gmoney112

Reaction score
So when someone doesn't agree with your "fact" that makes them a hater along with all the other names you called them? Here's another fact......that's your opinion.

Anyone who touts their "opinion" with complete disregard for reality, no matter the subject, it could be a History major talking about Directional Drilling, I don't care, is dumb.

Every fact, and everyone with a set of eyeballs (i'm willing to give the blind a pass here), knows Tony Romo is one of the best QB's in the NFL, and has been for quite a while.

That is indisputable. It's also strongly correlated to those who have no idea the responsibilities of any of our defensive players, and those who believe our salary cap is set at eleventy billion dollars.

Hate all you want, but your "opinion" (which is incorrectly called an opinion when it's just a blatantly incorrect fact), will be called out. And I will gladly show you how incorrect you are. I am your karma.