How much of a dropoff is Rush from Dak?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Honestly besides the first down run from Dak last night, I'm not sure how much more Dak can give than Rush at this point (given what the QBs currently have to work with that is).

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dak was poor last night, but the simple fact is that when he's at his best, he's much better than Rush. If he wasn't, you wouldn't see this fanbase in freefall like it is after one loss to a simply better team.

Rush doesn't pose much of a running threat nor has a live arm so expect us to dink and dunk down field as much as possible. If Rush could somehow play .500 ball, it'd be a miracle, but we still might be good enough to beat teams like the Giants, Bears and Commanders even if the offense is just average as long as the defense brings it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Before Dak fractured his thumb he was having one of the worst games of his career.

Dak is never going to say anything negative about the front office or the offensive personnel but his actions betrayed him. He looked jittery in the pocket because he didn’t trust his offensive line, & when he did throw the ball he was often off target.

A third down miss to a wide open Noah Brown early in the fourth quarter was his biggest indictment. Bottom line. When Dak returns from his thumb injury, he must play better. His 47.2 passer rating was the third worst of his career. He had a 30.4 passer rating in a 37-9 loss to Philly in 2017 & a 45.4 rating in a 10-7 loss to the Giants in 2016.

The Cowboys are paying Dak $40 million a year to carry their offense & be the best player. That’s the standard. Anything less is unacceptable. "I'm the best I've ever felt"! :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not the Dak of several years ago but currently. Rush as least looked somewhat decisive in the pocket and was getting the ball out.

Even as terrible as Dak was last night Rush will be a big drop off, especially with the lack of talent at WR. The only reason Rush wasn’t horrendous was because Tampa had the game won and was coasting. Had Rush started the game we probably wouldn’t have had the one decent drive we started the game with that led to our only points. It’s going to be beyond painful watching our offense this season. You would probably have to go back to the days under Dave Campo to find a worse Cowboys offense.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Dak is paid 40 million dollars, whereas Coop is paid peanuts. Any more silly questions?

Nexx

Reaction score
Rush is barely a backup in the league. At least Dak is an average NFL QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Guys guys guys. I realize Dak played very poorly last night. But let’s not get crazy ok. Dak is an above average starter in the league. Cooper rush was on the cowboys practice squad because the cowboys knew other NFL teams wouldn’t sign him.

let’s keep things realistic

Reactions: BAT

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
About the same. Losing Dak had less of an effect on how many games they will lose vs when they lost tyron smith.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Maybe with Rush, they won't go into "lets do everything we can to justify Daks contract" and actually come up with a game plan that includes running the ball. I am not even sure what the game plan was last night, there was no rythym to the Offense at all, not even the first couple of drives, it was like they were trying to throw stuft out to see if it worked with no real concepts behind it. This is where we get to see if the coaching changes were really needed. The coaches have to step up their game as much as the players need to. They didn't do anything to help this team last night.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Cooper rush went into Minnesota last year and actually won a game on the road.

dak couldn’t beat SF at home without their two best defenders.

obviously different things on the line… I do think dak is better… but who knows maybe rush surprises