How on Earth is Garrett NOT Coach of the Year?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't care less what Steve Dennis says or claims he knows. He's an idiot.

That isn't exclusive to just his lack of on field knowledge. I lend him no credibility period.
I respect one thing about SD, he says what he thinks. My issue is he thinks he knows football and doesn't. He still knows more then the person i was arguing with and he was one of three who responded to my blanket request for commentary to answer a fan who thinks Jason Garrett is a do nothing, stand around, clap, and spit coach. If you want to give that poster more credit for knowledge of what is going on, I honestly can't help you. The fact remains, I used that quote not because I am some fan of SD, but because he very eloquently shot down a very stupid theory, which is exactly what I said would happen if we asked people in the know. The only quote I got back that I did not share was from someone this forum pretty much respects. I was afraid if I shared it I would get an infraction despite it not being my comments. Give that whatever weight you wish. If you want to know who it was, or what he said PM me. You, I'd share it with.

Now, if you imagine that I used a quote by SD for any other reason, then you clearly do not get it. I hope we are clear on that.

And out of my own curiosity why would anyone care what happened to McCarthy in regards to Garrett? McCarthy, as I recall, has actually led his team to a Superbowl. People are not going to really care about this in reference to defending, or attacking, Garrett because the two coaches are not on equal footing.
It is relevant to the very same poster I was arguing with who maintains that a Coach who gives up play calling is stripped of the duty and in some way emasculated. That particular Head Coach as well as a couple of others came up in the discussion. It is merely another example of his silly theories having absolutely no weight, impact, or substance. If anything that article shows that the Green Bay Packers are going to follow the Dallas Cowboys lead and gave a reason for it that coincides with the arguments against the theory that Garrett was "stripped" of his duties. Namely that he be involved with the entire game, not too engrossed in getting ready for a play call not to be told that he has a player hurt, or what the Defense is planning. In other words, Green Bay is saying they are expanding McCarthey's role, not stripping him of something.

Fair enough?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I respect one thing about SD, he says what he thinks. My issue is he thinks he knows football and doesn't. He still knows more then the person i was arguing with and he was one of three who responded to my blanket request for commentary to answer a fan who thinks Jason Garrett is a do nothing, stand around, clap, and spit coach. If you want to give that poster more credit for knowledge of what is going on, I honestly can't help you. The fact remains, I used that quote not because I am some fan of SD, but because he very eloquently shot down a very stupid theory, which is exactly what I said would happen if we asked people in the know. The only quote I got back that I did not share was from someone this forum pretty much respects. I was afraid if I shared it I would get an infraction despite it not being my comments. Give that whatever weight you wish. If you want to know who it was, or what he said PM me. You, I'd share it with.

Now, if you imagine that I used a quote by SD for any other reason, then you clearly do not get it. I hope we are clear on that.

It is relevant to the very same poster I was arguing with who maintains that a Coach who gives up play calling is stripped of the duty and in some way emasculated. That particular Head Coach as well as a couple of others came up in the discussion. It is merely another example of his silly theories having absolutely no weight, impact, or substance. If anything that article shows that the Green Bay Packers are going to follow the Dallas Cowboys lead and gave a reason for it that coincides with the arguments against the theory that Garrett was "stripped" of his duties. Namely that he be involved with the entire game, not too engrossed in getting ready for a play call not to be told that he has a player hurt, or what the Defense is planning. In other words, Green Bay is saying they are expanding McCarthey's role, not stripping him of something.

Fair enough?

That's why I found it funny because I know for sure that you don't like Steve Dennis. That's why I found it humorous that you you'd ever credit him for anything. lol

I don't even remember what poster you were speaking with in regards to that now but I rarely ever give anyone on any fan forum any real weight to things involving the way the Dallas Cowboys, or any football team for that matter, is run or works because quite frankly we all know that 95% of the people on these forums don't know even a third about what they think they know.

And definitely fair enough on the McCarthy explanation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That's why I found it funny because I know for sure that you don't like Steve Dennis. That's why I found it humorous that you you'd ever credit him for anything. lol

I don't even remember what poster you were speaking with in regards to that now but I rarely ever give anyone on any fan forum any real weight to things involving the way the Dallas Cowboys, or any football team for that matter, is run or works because quite frankly we all know that 95% of the people on these forums don't know even a third about what they think they know.

And definitely fair enough on the McCarthy explanation.
Not so sure I am giving him credit beyond saying he knows more than that poster does. I think that is obvious.

Now, having said that, this year on Cowboys Break, I though SD was pretty good most of the time. His early reports on Rolando McClain aced everyone.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I thought Bruce Arians had a very legit claim to that award.
Just my 2 cents

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I thought Bruce Arians had a very legit claim to that award.
Just my 2 cents

I agree, I felt Jason had a legit claim as well given the fact nothing was being expected out of the Cowboys. Garrett was the lame duck coach and Dallas would be a bottom feeder those were the expectations and Jason overcame those. Arians team going into 2014 was much higher considering they had just finished a 10-6 season the year before. I think Bruce has done a great job with the Cards so I take nothing away from him

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I agree, I felt Jason had a legit claim as well given the fact nothing was being expected out of the Cowboys. Garrett was the lame duck coach and Dallas would be a bottom feeder those were the expectations and Jason overcame those. Arians team going into 2014 was much higher considering they had just finished a 10-6 season the year before. I think Bruce has done a great job with the Cards so I take nothing away from him
I don't think his claim was legit at all. He was not even in my top 3.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think his claim was legit at all. He was not even in my top 3.

As I said I felt Garrett earned it, I have no issue with Arians and think he has done a very good job with that franchise.