How should the ‘Boys greet Jon Bostic?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DelayedOldKakapo-small.gif
What movie?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Another good post Bob.

When someone hit a home run off of Nolan Ryan and then watched it leave the park while standing at home plate or went around the bases too slow they could expect a 98mph fastball to the ribs next at bat.

One of the many reasons he's one of my favorite athletes of all time.

I wish we had more players with his mindset. But I'm old school and there's so much more business than passion in players these days. I understand why, but I don't have to like it. Makes is much easier for me to be apathetic.

irishline

Reaction score
A little over a month ago, WFT LB Jon Bostic put a cheap shot hit on Andy Dalton that looked closer to a decapitation than a tackle. Bostic was fined, although I was a little surprised he wasn’t suspended at least one game.

The Cowboys players’ response to that hit has certainly been cussed and discussed ad nauseum. What I want to know is, if you were a Cowboys player, how should Bostic be treated Thurs?

Obviously IMO, you should never cheap shot anyone period. Ever. But if I were wearing a star on my helmet Thurs, I would relish every legal hit I could give that guy with a little extra sauce on top. At the very least, he should emerge from the game sore and with plenty of reminders that this game can be played physical without cheap shots. In fact, I hope the Cowboys remind his ace every play how physical this game can be.

23DCF640DD4B9481FACA0A9EA32316BAAA273594

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's the time for the Cowboys to make up for the cheap shot applied to Andy Dalton by WFT linebacker, Jon Bostic.

The NFL allowed Bostic to get by with a shamefully lame fine. Hopefully, the Cowboys will make him regret that today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A little over a month ago, WFT LB Jon Bostic put a cheap shot hit on Andy Dalton that looked closer to a decapitation than a tackle. Bostic was fined, although I was a little surprised he wasn’t suspended at least one game.

The Cowboys players’ response to that hit has certainly been cussed and discussed ad nauseum. What I want to know is, if you were a Cowboys player, how should Bostic be treated Thurs?

Obviously IMO, you should never cheap shot anyone period. Ever. But if I were wearing a star on my helmet Thurs, I would relish every legal hit I could give that guy with a little extra sauce on top. At the very least, he should emerge from the game sore and with plenty of reminders that this game can be played physical without cheap shots. In fact, I hope the Cowboys remind his ace every play how physical this game can be.
First play on offense just go all Buddy Ryan hit man squad,, take out the knees.
Eye for an eye.

jnday

Reaction score

The Cowboys won’t do anything. They wouldn’t do anything when it happened and they sure won’t do anything today. It is sad, but they don’t have the intestinal fortitude to get revenge. If any of you are expecting payback, you will be very disappointed.

Jipper

Reaction score
I’d have Martin and zeke run right at him a few times and bury him

Aven8

Reaction score

Don’t forget the fine was less than Lamb was fined for a crack back block.......smh.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I should have read all the replies first. You beat me to it. I just parroted this. I'll delete my post. No need for redundancy.
Isn't pointing out deleted redundancy somewhat redundant?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Zeke looks for contact on plays and may look to make a statement like that preseason seattle game his rookie year.

Or thats at least what im hoping. No dirty plays, but make sure to hit him legally when you can.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn,I still wish Colombo was playing,that would be fun..but I'm gonna go with Martin,he is the leader of the line.
The guy in your avatar is the player I would most like to have again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First play on offense just go all Buddy Ryan hit man squad,, take out the knees.
Eye for an eye.
send in our 3rd string RB/FB or player we dont care to lose over a targeting BS block type hit and set the tone :)) nothing super dirty just teeth rattler.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The same way they did last game. They should keep the same energy. You didn’t care enough to do anything last game what’s changed? Oh McCarthy smashes some watermelons now y’all savages? Nah....

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm just hoping the reaction is that it motivates the team. I'm confident they won't come out flat today.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hopefully, the players are focused on something more important. The best payback would be defeating Washington. Then, after the game, if they want to rub it in his face, I'm all for it.
2nd the motion on the victory being the first & foremost goal.
However ...the Cowboys offensive line can & should identify ongoing sur
With a blowout win and 200 rushing yards.
BUT - pick a play every other offensive series go after Bostic on a run play with two guys (no hi/lo combos, tho)