How Special is Ezekiel?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Zeke's mean is solid."

This is based on what? If we aren't allowed to compare him to other backs high volume or not...because reasons...how do you know it's "solid."

Also calling Zeke reliable (turned up his 2nd season out of shape) and available (has missed 8 games and there was a fear he had another suspension looming) is a bit of a joke right?
Splitting hairs, but he missed 6 games he couldn't play. Nott 8.

JBond

Reaction score
He’s a great back and very immature but he’s young. In our offense, we don’t have an offense without a back of his status. We can’t score points when he’s in the game. What are we gonna do when he’s not? Asking for a friend.
Draft a QB that can play in a passing league.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Agreed - basically the same. Of course, those guys are all pretty good. Without calculating it, I'm pretty sure we also had the highest percentage of 1st down runs since we're generally on the low end of "number of possessions." So, yeah, we could be less predictable for sure...
Per our conversation saw this today randomly.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. The point is... To further reiterate... Zeke's "improvement" in the pass game was more smoke than mirrors. You can blame the Cowboys play calling but do we also then blame Ohio State's play calling where Zeke was also not a factor in the passing game?

Ask any Ohio State fan, which I am, did they give a fig about Zeke's "so called" pass catching stats. You are flailing and your constant babbing about his inadequacies are fodder.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Ask any Ohio State fan, which I am, did they give a fig about Zeke's "so called" pass catching stats. You are flailing and your constant babbing about his inadequacies are fodder.
So what you're saying is Zeke has never demonstrated neither in college or the pros that he's an effective pass catcher. Got it.

ghst187

Reaction score
Again, define elite? Is a player “elite” after one good game? One season? A 5 year career? A 10 year career? Would Zeke be elite if he had 900 yards behind one of the worst O lines in the NFL?

Under the circumstances, I think calling him elite is premature.

Elite is a relative term to contemporary competition. Dak would be elite if every other QB was Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. Zeke is head and shoulders above nearly all other RBs currently playing in the NFL and many think he’s #1, 2, or 3 and I’d suggest there’s a significant drop off after those top RBs kinda like I’d say there’s a drop off after Brady, Brees, and Rodgers at QB. Therefore, I’d argue Zeke is by definition an “elite” RB in the current NFL.
His brain and off field behavior.... may be far more average however.

aria

Reaction score
Elite is a relative term to contemporary competition. Dak would be elite if every other QB was Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. Zeke is head and shoulders above nearly all other RBs currently playing in the NFL and many think he’s #1, 2, or 3 and I’d suggest there’s a significant drop off after those top RBs kinda like I’d say there’s a drop off after Brady, Brees, and Rodgers at QB. Therefore, I’d argue Zeke is by definition an “elite” RB in the current NFL.
His brain and off field behavior.... may be far more average however.
Fair enough, if the definition of elite is relative to contemporary competition and I think he’s a top 3, maybe top 5 RB, than he would be elite by those standards. I’d still like to see how he would perform behind a much lesser O line.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’d still like to see how he would perform behind a much lesser O line.
:lmao: you'll more than likely be witness to it, after he's traded away ,for a future 2nd&5rd draft picks
( were the F.O. be lucky enough to be offered that)o_O

aria

Reaction score
:lmao: you'll more than likely be witness to it, after he's traded away ,for a future 2nd&5rd draft picks
( were the F.O. be lucky enough to be offered that)o_O
I don’t know if you’re being serious but I highly doubt it. Unfortunately, I’m sure he’ll remain a Cowboy but the question is when.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And @PAPPYDOG is the king of L's

Your name here has the same talent level associated with our current starting QB.
I wanna know where you Dak Employees are going to hide come January when Dak will for once and for all confirm how worthless and non-deserving he is....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Your name here has the same talent level associated with our current starting QB.
I wanna know where you Dak Employees are going to hide come January when Dak will for once and for all confirm how worthless and non-deserving he is....
Lol it really shows your lack of football knowledge if you think Quincy was near as good as Dak.

Just keep digging your grave deeper!

Blake

Reaction score
Ain't comparing as they both stink.....

Makes a direct comparison then proceeds with "Ain't comparing..."

You should know you're considered a huge joke around here, with your only contribution being to make the rest of us look smarter because of the diarrhea you spew.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I have to agree with the OP. I've never thought Zeke was "special". A good player? Absolutely. His main strength is his versatility. He does many things "pretty well" but doesn't thrill me as a pure runner. I recall the criticisms of him by Tomlinson, Dickerson, and even Zeke himself during Zeke's rookie year. They pointed out that he was going down too easily in certain situations and wasn't making defenders miss in 1v1 scenarios in the open field. In other words, leaving a lot of "meat on the bone" that other, truly elite runners would have gobbled up, given the opportunities that his great offensive line was giving him. I must say I haven't seen a dramatic improvement in those things.

Again, the guy is good. I love that he has a knack for getting dirty yards that other backs probably would fail to get (5 yard gain that maybe should have been 3 yards). He's also an excellent blocker and decent pass-catcher. But is he the "generational" talent people make him out to be? I just don't see it. Not in the (non-volume) stats and not even via the eye test.

ghst187

Reaction score
Fair enough, if the definition of elite is relative to contemporary competition and I think he’s a top 3, maybe top 5 RB, than he would be elite by those standards. I’d still like to see how he would perform behind a much lesser O line.

I think he’d still be very good but probably would be a closer comp to get rushing titles. I really see him as a vital cog and fit into the way our team works.
JG thinks it’s still the 1990s and we’ve spent all our draft picks on OL. So if we’re going to go play this 1990 style offense where we grind it out, control the clock, and give our back 25 carries per game...then a player like Zeke is all the more valuable to us. I rate Zeke so highly because he does everything great, run, grind out dirty yards, breaks a lot of tackles, breaks off big runs, controls the clock, catches the ball really well and pass pro really well. The way we use him even more so highlights his talents I think.
That said, his Schtick off field and the holdout is really annoying to me but feels almost like we’ve painted ourselves into a corner with relying on him.....