How the Cowboys can make cap space from Patrick Walker

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If you weren’t going to restructure Dak’s deal before everyone signed elsewhere, you sure don’t do it after.

I’m holding onto that as my silver lining. That they might finally get out from under a deal that gave all leverage to player and agent.
Same thought brother, March 18th is the next deadline I'm looking at now.

Smith22

Reaction score
If you weren’t going to restructure Dak’s deal before everyone signed elsewhere, you sure don’t do it after.

I’m holding onto that as my silver lining. That they might finally get out from under a deal that gave all leverage to player and agent.
If they are deciding to move on from Dak next year, I can understand it. I just have very little faith they have a good plan to replace him.

This team was fortunate enough to have an undrafted Romo and 4th round Dak fall into their laps and yet managed to do nothing with them.

Now I am to trust their ability to find the next big QB?

Smith22

Reaction score
If they have come to that conclusion there are tons of moves they can make.
They have lots of insanely valuable trade assets to move if so desired.
Instead they have legitimately done nothing.
They are not signaling a red flag nor are they all-in.
They are lets run it back minus a few good players.
Strange.
I agree. Instead, just tumbleweeds.....

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I'd love to hear this! Please explain.
I mean this in all seriousness because I can not figure out anything that makes logical sense.
If you look past the ALL IN nonsense Jerry spewed, it would appear they are gonna ride things out this season and go in an entirely different direction the following season.

- They don’t extend Dak, turning it into a make or break year. Do they really want to hitch the wagon to a guy that has been given ample time to succeed? He is going to get paid what he wants by This team or another.

- They haven’t really done any restructuring

- The coaching staff is basically on a one year deal. Zim and Big Mike could be gone after this depending on how things go.

Why it makes sense has more to do with next season than the current season. Dak will be a free agent, and he’s going to get paid anyway. They can always attempt to resign him if they really want him. Or they can invest a high draft pick for a QB (honestly I’d like them to do that this year).

If Dak leaves you also have space to sign CEEDEE AND MICAH and also invest in some other players and draft a QB high.

It also makes sense because for the first time they’ll be doing something different by not overvaluing their own players (Dak for instance). They’ve already shown a little bit of that by letting Tyron walk.