How the heck is Philbin back again?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Look at the injuries an the lack of cohesion because of them...,it's not rocket science. You can only coach those that are there and the OL is very much dependent on cohesion. Philbin is a good and proven coach, most won't appreciate this and will call me a homer.....so be it.
I ain't callin you no homer. You're just a cowman with an opinion and a collection of good whiskey!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philbin has a name and a rep in the league just like Kiffin, Zampese, Nolan, Phillips and Ryan and Booger likes name familiarity and does not like paying coaches to leave.

Does anyone really think the coaching staff didn't address the penalties as the season wore on? They benched Williams and had to bring him back and he was the same, if not worse. Think Quinn and his DLC liked seeing Gregory grinning after committing stupid penalties in the playoff game?

What is ironic is that the first thing McC says he's going to fix are the penalties this year and gone are Williams, Collins and Gregory. 3 of the top 7 perps, along with the rest of the OL and Diggs. The OL had 28 holding penalties and Willaims had half of them all by his little self.

The definitive "they beat themselves" with 14 penalties in that playoff game...in a one score game. Some see that as a rap on the coaches, I see that as a rap on the players with a "you don't sign my checks" attitude. How else does any player feel comfortable laughing after committing penalties that cost his team? That player is rumored to be leaving for DEN and who do they call to save the day? The owner, his buddy.

Does anyone here really think this coaching staff can do anything without prior permission from the Joneses? Phillips wanted to increase fines and was denied and it's called his "camp cupcake"? How blind some can be.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You guys do realize Connor Williams was a holding machine before Philbin was the coach right? Collins took a step back, both Connors stunk, and Badiasz didn't improve things. Now Collins is gone, Williams is gone and Badiasz is on his last legs. Philbin may not be as big of a problem as some think.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The Jones' are blameworthy for a ton of things but they don't have anything to do with in game adjustments or calling plays.

Philbin has a name and a rep in the league just like Kiffin, Zampese, Nolan, Phillips and Ryan and Booger likes name familiarity and does not like paying coaches to leave.

Does anyone really think the coaching staff didn't address the penalties as the season wore on? They benched Williams and had to bring him back and he was the same, if not worse. Think Quinn and his DLC liked seeing Gregory grinning after committing stupid penalties in the playoff game?

What is ironic is that the first thing McC says he's going to fix are the penalties this year and gone are Williams, Collins and Gregory. 3 of the top 7 perps, along with the rest of the OL and Diggs. The OL had 28 holding penalties and Willaims had half of them all by his little self.

The definitive "they beat themselves" with 14 penalties in that playoff game...in a one score game. Some see that as a rap on the coaches, I see that as a rap on the players with a "you don't sign my checks" attitude. How else does any player feel comfortable laughing after committing penalties that cost his team? That player is rumored to be leaving for DEN and who do they call to save the day? The owner, his buddy.

Does anyone here really think this coaching staff can do anything without prior permission from the Joneses? Phillips wanted to increase fines and was denied and it's called his "camp cupcake"? How blind some can be.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You guys do realize Connor Williams was a holding machine before Philbin was the coach right? Collins took a step back, both Connors stunk, and Badiasz didn't improve things. Now Collins is gone, Williams is gone and Badiasz is on his last legs. Philbin may not be as big of a problem as some think.

True Collins got himself suspended for the 1st 5 games of the season, that was not Philbin, meanwhile Steele took the job and performed well, and would make no sense having Collins salary sitting on the bench. Conner Williams has been the weak link along the Oline and as you pointed out is gone. If people want to blame Philbin for the lack of production of a player be my guest but the player has responsibility and Conner had not performed well before Philbin got here

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
... ..supposedly, has 20 yrs of XP he brought with him. Dallas was most penalized team of 21'.

Adding fuel to fire, Dallas OL led league in holding penalties. Top ten in false starts.

I understand he's MM's buddy. I thought Jones we're serious about winning?

What say you?
I mentioned the same thing when he was retained. The line got worse as they got healthier. No development of players, no adjustments to technique.

Atrocious

quickccc

Reaction score

Supposedly Badiasz was a coaches' preference pick ala McCarthy, Philibin..... Wisconsin U connection.

quickccc

Reaction score
Philibin will have his preferred center in Badiasz, .....he'll have his preferred RT pick in Steele ..and he'll have his new draftee in rookie Tyler,
which he'll have a hand in as well.

Two previous starters before his era here are gone.

Basically most of the OL starters will have his personal finger prints on it.
It will not be tolerated excuses this time around.
Adapt or Die ,...

visionary

Reaction score
... ..supposedly, has 20 yrs of XP he brought with him. Dallas was most penalized team of 21'.

Adding fuel to fire, Dallas OL led league in holding penalties. Top ten in false starts.

What say you?

You thought wrong
The Joneses are not serious about winning

I will charge a commission for the next question that is this easy as it wastes my time

DuncanIso

Reaction score

What say you?

agree.

wasn’t a big fan from day one.

he’s big buddies with Big Mike.

just like Nolan.

btw, who knows what our Assistant HC is doing….

another buddy.

Reactions: BAT

Redline360

Reaction score
As pissed as Jerry was after the 49ers game I figured he would be the first one to go and rightfully so.

Praxit

Reaction score
As pissed as Jerry was after the 49ers game I figured he would be the first one to go and rightfully so.
..... Jerry was rightfully pissed. We all were. Waste of good season. That OL was first floor to cave in.

Reactions: BAT

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Look at the injuries an the lack of cohesion because of them...,it's not rocket science. You can only coach those that are there and the OL is very much dependent on cohesion. Philbin is a good and proven coach, most won't appreciate this and will call me a homer.....so be it.
I really don't know his abilities
But the brain trust Brought him back
So they must believe in him.