How the heck is Philbin back again?

Plankton

Reaction score
and Jimmy wanted Shula and that did not work out either. McCarthy is the HC he should have the assistance coaches he wants.

Jimmy, in effect, hired Shula as a condition of getting Dave Wannstedt off of the Miami Dolphins staff. Don Shula asked him for a favor, and Johnson agreed to do it. He also corrected the mistake after two seasons of subpar offense.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Was it really Philbin, or the players. :laugh:

But yeah, time for a change. But it will not happen this season. Didn't they add an assistant OL coach, supposed to be pretty decent?
Maybe he takes over in 2023 if the results are good.

I blame the players and culture more.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jimmy, in effect, hired Shula as a condition of getting Dave Wannstedt off of the Miami Dolphins staff. Don Shula asked him for a favor, and Johnson agreed to do it. He also corrected the mistake after two seasons of subpar offense.

None the less he hired Shula and after he failed he was let go and Norv brought in. The fact is Jimmy who had control according him . As for McCarthy he corrected hi mistake after 1 when Nolan was fired and Quinn was brought in. .

quickccc

Reaction score
None the less he hired Shula and after he failed he was let go and Norv brought in. The fact is Jimmy who had control according him . As for McCarthy he corrected hi mistake after 1 when Nolan was fired and Quinn was brought in. .

Contrary to what some may think, ..McCarthy did not correct the DC mistake .. management corrected the DC mistake for McCarthy, and brought Quinn in for him.

If it was up to McCarthy, he likely would've brought Nolan right back next year, to re-do that debacle all over again.
Just as it took MM years to finally get rid of his long time DC buddy Dom Capers up in GB.

Maybe just me, but i really tend to believe that management still places that DC and DL misgivings as reasons why they no longer totally have faith in MM, and it's
a further strike against him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Contrary to what some may think, ..McCarthy did not correct the DC mistake .. management corrected the DC mistake for McCarthy, and brought Quinn in for him.

If it was up to McCarthy, he likely would've brought Nolan right back next year, to re-do that debacle all over again.
Just as it took MM years to finally get rid of his long time DC buddy Dom Capers up in GB.

Maybe just me, but i really tend to believe that management still places that DC and DL misgivings as reasons why they no longer totally have faith in MM, and it's
a further strike against him.

yeah and that is pure speculation.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Connor Williams was gone unless somehow he made the All-Pro team. He was never going to get a 2nd contract in Dallas unless he played equal to the legends on the OL. The FO missed on his replacements but I have to commend them on at least drafting guys they felt could replace Williams and Collins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He picked Mike Nolan.

yes he did, and as I pointed out Jimmy hired Shula was OC which was a mistake. My main contention who ever the HC is he should be the one bringing a staff that he approves of. Why is Philbin back? Because McCarthy wants him.