How the NFL zigged when it should have zagged with the Elliott case

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
to be very blunt you are full of crap. This is all about THIS case and the huge monstrous holes in it.
You feel a need to pontificate and act like you know something other than what has been reported, go right ahead. I need a good laugh today.
*following* now!,,, if ever there were a time to utilize the $10 word
" pontificate" I reckon this was that opportune moment ,I've always knew it's meaning and origin,yet never carried it around to interject into a conversation, I believe I've pressed it's cheaper by $4 cousin " bloviate" into past conversations, but, that was a timely capitalization of your repertoire 666 :thumbup:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

jday

Reaction score
It might be the genes or it more likely imo to be that's something that's more acceptable to do in the environment you're in. What do you think about that?
I think it could be a number of different things that ultimately contributes to a person engaging in that type of behavior. For those who have experienced DV first hand as a child, they are the most likely to have issues with it as adults. On the other hand, there are some people who never experience it and do it anyway. So I really don't know.

But, at the end of the day, I simply don't buy someone starting that type of behavior simply because they hear about there favorite sports stars having issues with it. That I don't buy at all.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
zig-zag-rolling-papers-orange-1-1.4-pack_1.jpg
Ha, I've prolly known a half dozen people ( guys &gals)
Who'd got or gave themselves ''zig-zag man" tattoos in that horrid green ink homemade style,,,o_O Sheese:lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have read a several articles blowing holes in the NFL's investigation, however I am surprised many on TV have not.

Good thread and completely agree with you.

Last night coming back from Ohio, was listening to NFL on Sirius, there were 2 guys talking about some of this. They did not go into a lot of detail. But were talking about how the investigators, how could they not talk to TT, but one. Then she recommended ZERO games. but that was not given, or was given, either one to the Goodell and he ignored it. And how the NFL botched this.

How they had a year, one year and this is how the investigation was, that they missed talking to the lady that said how TT got her bruises, from a fight with the woman who said it was her. They were pro Zeke, but also were misinformed on a few things siding with the NFL. By saying if the NFL said this or that, then nothing could be done. But they had too many mistakes on the investigation. So the procedure is questionable. Which we know.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
I whole heartedly support the NFL in the issue of DV and their policy of a 6 game suspension.
No argument there. The thing is,the NFL chose to act against the counsel of the league personnel who interviewed the alleged victim and the findings of
Columbus Police Department.
Those two entities had direct contact with the accuser and deemed her to be non credible.
Add also the electronic evidence and witness' accounts of the alleged victim's intentions and how she acquired the bruises shown in the pictures.
This is easy. The girl is a mess.
Zeke on his part, needs to grow up and grow up quickly or his days as a pro will be short.
Incredibly talented, just not too bright.

Scotman

Reaction score
I feel like the only way the NFL comes out ahead here is to have Henderson vacate the suspension, Goodell to claim he believes he was doing the right thing but that he has to respect the decision of the arbitrator. The NFL gets to claim it tried to take a stance and EE doesn't get suspended so he has no need to pursue further action.

I hate this stuff.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I feel like the only way the NFL comes out ahead here is to have Henderson vacate the suspension, Goodell to claim he believes he was doing the right thing but that he has to respect the decision of the arbitrator. The NFL gets to claim it tried to take a stance and EE doesn't get suspended so he has no need to pursue further action.

I hate this stuff.
But does the nflpa want to take it further? Challenge the unfair process.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think it could be a number of different things that ultimately contributes to a person engaging in that type of behavior. For those who have experienced DV first hand as a child, they are the most likely to have issues with it as adults. On the other hand, there are some people who never experience it and do it anyway. So I really don't know.

But, at the end of the day, I simply don't buy someone starting that type of behavior simply because they hear about there favorite sports stars having issues with it. That I don't buy at all.
Yeah we both definitely agree with bold because if that's the case a lot more us would be in trouble using that logic. As far as DV I think it's like most things a thing that will never go away like other problems in the world. That's how the world is like it or not.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People aren't going to decide to hit women based on NFL players, I agree.

What it does signal, however, is that certain actions don't have real consequences. Whether those actions are DV-related or not is immaterial.

Society as a whole does influence behaviors.

Teenagers often think drinking beer is cool even if their parents don't drink.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Last night coming back from Ohio, was listening to NFL on Sirius, there were 2 guys talking about some of this. They did not go into a lot of detail. But were talking about how the investigators, how could they not talk to TT, but one. Then she recommended ZERO games. but that was not given, or was given, either one to the Goodell and he ignored it. And how the NFL botched this.

How they had a year, one year and this is how the investigation was, that they missed talking to the lady that said how TT got her bruises, from a fight with the woman who said it was her. They were pro Zeke, but also were misinformed on a few things siding with the NFL. By saying if the NFL said this or that, then nothing could be done. But they had too many mistakes on the investigation. So the procedure is questionable. Which we know.

Our fellow forum member
@Texas_Pete was posting up all kinds of released 'blurbs' concerning TT one was about her attempting to break her own car window out in the parking lot (caught on camera) and her intention was to finger Elliott as the perpetrator,,, I have a Nam vet neighbor who was arrested and charged with d.v. for breaking bricks in half out in his backyard
( something about destruction of his own personal property)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know all of the facts, but I do know that the NFL did not make their decision based on one incident. Elliott has had a series of problems in regard to abusing women. He has been enabled since high school. I'm from Ohio & I know that Urban Meyer allowed Elliott to do things few could get away with. Even though no charges were filed in the physical abuse case, the investigating attorney stated, “For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened." This is from someone who deals with DV on a daily basis. Along with the ex-girlfriend who accused him of DV, there is video of him pulling a woman's shirt down & exposing her breasts at a St. Patrick's parade in 2016. Kids were at that parade. How many times has he done that kind of thing when there WASN'T a camera around? Plus, there's the fact that he was in a bar fight right before training camp. A close friend who was with him was arrested for carrying a gun into the bar. Now, he's paying the piper. Elliott needs to learn that he's not better than anyone else. Hopefully, he has learned to handle women with care, & not do it in public. I wonder if you would feel the same way if he played for the Giants & he beat or exposed your sister.

So being from Ohio makes you know more than others? I am from Ohio, but moved away years ago, but have family up there. My sister in law works for Ohio State, and has season tickets for the faculty. She speaks of nothing about any players being entitled or getting away with stuff.

So the NFL, according to you, it is ok to punish him for things in college and what his friend did, but you say he took the hit for Zeke.
this belongs. on the ESPN segment...Come On Man.....
And even statements from someone that deals in such cases, can also be subject to a bias and to see things the way they want to see them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know all of the facts, but I do know that the NFL did not make their decision based on one incident. Elliott has had a series of problems in regard to abusing women. He has been enabled since high school. I'm from Ohio & I know that Urban Meyer allowed Elliott to do things few could get away with. Even though no charges were filed in the physical abuse case, the investigating attorney stated, “For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened." This is from someone who deals with DV on a daily basis. Along with the ex-girlfriend who accused him of DV, there is video of him pulling a woman's shirt down & exposing her breasts at a St. Patrick's parade in 2016. Kids were at that parade. How many times has he done that kind of thing when there WASN'T a camera around? Plus, there's the fact that he was in a bar fight right before training camp. A close friend who was with him was arrested for carrying a gun into the bar. Now, he's paying the piper. Elliott needs to learn that he's not better than anyone else. Hopefully, he has learned to handle women with care, & not do it in public. I wonder if you would feel the same way if he played for the Giants & he beat or exposed your sister.
Nonsense.

I wish we had a dislike button.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Are you saying that EE has had other DV allegations in his past in addition to Tiffany Thompson?

If so, please provide examples. Because pulling your girl's top down or getting into a bar fight does not constitute Domestic Violence. Not condoning either of the 2 acts but let's not confuse the issues.