How to be a team leader (Mahomes) Dallas stars are not leaders

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
Andy Reid has done a heck of a job putting this team together too.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
How cool would it be for the Cowboys starting QB to have a football field in his back yard and the WRs come over to work on their gamse during the offseason. Just imagine how cool that would be.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said when Dak signed that over the 10 years of Mahomes' contract, Dak would make more money. And he will.
probably true, but the odds are against him winning in div round, conf champ game, and SB

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
Oooh, as if Mahomes' teammates didn't help him execute on Offense? Mahomes did it all by himself???

DandyDon52

Reaction score
there are 6 other QBs who make more average money than Mahomes. do they deserve it? Mahomes took a team friendly deal, but its a 10 year deal. would you have been ok if Dallas gave Dak a 10 year team friendly deal 4 years ago? Mahomes deal will get redone. he will make more money. the 10 year allowed KC to move money around and cap flexibility. I have never seen a 10 year deal in NFL.
yes but dak wouldnt sign for longer than 4 years. He wanted to be back at this point again, and probably again 8 years from now.
The others making more. I would say no they dont, same as dak.

10 year deal is great, as long as there are outs, cant have a no trade clause, and a team should guarantee more $ if a player signs that long of a deal.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
Totally agree, DD52! Dak needs to be a true leader and help the team by giving them a discount and a lengthy contract that can be used to help the team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
When has Jerry and Stephen been active (like any other NFLteam) in free agency? Why should anyone give the Joneses a discount when they haven't signed a first day free agent since Brandon Carr in 2012 2012. He'll be looking like Dirk Nowitski when he took far less so that management could get better players around him and they never did, he never made it back to the conference championship. Took less for nothing.
I have answered this many times, if a player signs for 10 mil a year less than market price, HE should get to spend that money, on players
he wants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How about good pay but not highest overall pay?
What you're saying I have no issue with. I just think what you're saying isn't realistic. Its not necessarily a Cowboys problem. Guys will get top pay when its their time to get paid. We can't expect a guy to produce at a high level and then when its time to get paid say thanks for your services here's a "good" deal but not what your peers get paid.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
He had that with Parcells and Johnson and we know how that ended up. This is the Arlington Jonesboys. When Dallas Cowboy fans wake up and realize this, they will feel much better at the end of every season. They will understand that Jerry Jones meant what he said..."Cowboys stay relevant". Not win..."stay relevant".
And that is his **********. Being relevant, I get it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What you're saying I have no issue with. I just think what you're saying isn't realistic. Its not necessarily a Cowboys problem. Guys will get top pay when its their time to get paid. We can't expect a guy to produce at a high level and then when its time to get paid say thanks for your services here's a "good" deal but not what your peers get paid.
That's the problem. Every year their price keeps increasing at a rate higher than the team's salary cap. It's unsustainable and team destructive. At one point, you have to put your foot down as management and stop over-paying players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the problem. Every year their price keeps increasing at a rate higher than the team's salary cap. It's unsustainable and team destructive. At one point, you have to put your foot down as management and stop over-paying players.
How is it unsustainable? The cap is going up every year. Cap goes up but salaries goes down? Not really realistic.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is it unsustainable? The cap is going up every year. Cap goes up but salaries goes down? Not really realistic.
The salary cap doesn't go up every year. Plus, certain player position prices keep going up every year to points higher by % than the salary cap does. How is that sustainable?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The salary cap doesn't go up every year. Plus, certain player position prices keep going up every year to points higher by % than the salary cap does. How is that sustainable?
In the past 13 years only one year did the salary cap get worse. And if i'm not mistaken that was the Covid year wasn't it?

2011: $120.375M
2012: $120.6M
2013: $123M
2014: $133M
2015: $143.28M
2016: $155.27M
2017: $167M
2018: $177.2M
2019: $188.2M
2020: $198.2M
2021: $182.5M*
2022: $208.2M