How to be a team leader (Mahomes) Dallas stars are not leaders

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can call the Pope. Name me the Super Bowl HOF QB that did not have a leader at HC? Lombardi and Starr, Stram and Dawson, Grant and Tarkenton, Madden and Stabler, Flores and Plunkett, Walsh and Montana, Young (see Shanahan). Landry and Staubach. Johnson and Aikman, Dan Reeves and John Elway. Shanahan (he will be an HOF Coach) and Elway Belichick and Brady. Shula and Marino, Cowher/Tomlin and Roethlisberger, and Reid and Mahomes

If what you said works (no leadership at HC), show me when it did work over the last 30 years with the Arlington Jonesboys.
I never claimed super bowl comes of it. Im not gonna argue something i never said. Have a great day.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
The three-time Super Bowl MVP and the team reworked the deal last September so that Mahomes would make $208.1 million from 2023-26.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I remember the conversation was “well Dak isn’t top 10..”…a year later now it’s “Well…he’s not Mahomes”…well no ****.

rags747

Reaction score
I went to a SB party this past year, Chiefs vs 49’ers. My buddy has a house right on the Manatee River here in Fl. Anyway, I wore my authentic Cowboy Double Star jersey with my name on the back, probably 15 years old at this point, in fact I cut the bottom off as a size 52 was down to my thighs. Several had TB jerseys on. Several were pulling for the 9’ers, I was rooting for the Chiefs. Anyway, everyone thought the game was in the bag for the 9’ers. Seeing Mahomes taking over the 4th qtr and willing the Chiefs to victory was absolutely mind boggling. Without Mahomes the Chiefs were losing that game. He just strapped it on and took care of business! Do we have that, well we have not seen it as of yet. Absolute Championship football right there!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went to a SB party this past year, Chiefs vs 49’ers. My buddy has a house right on the Manatee River here in Fl. Anyway, I wore my authentic Cowboy Double Star jersey with my name on the back, probably 15 years old at this point, in fact I cut the bottom off as a size 52 was down to my thighs. Several had TB jerseys on. Several were pulling for the 9’ers, I was rooting for the Chiefs. Anyway, everyone thought the game was in the bag for the 9’ers. Seeing Mahomes taking over the 4th qtr and willing the Chiefs to victory was absolutely mind boggling. Without Mahomes the Chiefs were losing that game. He just strapped it on and took care of business! Do we have that, well we have not seen it as of yet. Absolute Championship football right there!
Im in st pete!

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
Great players make those around them better: Mahomes, Jordan, Brady, Magic, Bird, Elway just to name a few.

Dak does not make other players better, nor does he rise to the level of competition.
But but these fools say he is a leader. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman were leaders . They carried the team to another level. Dak has had 8 years to do that and he can't even get Dallas past the first round.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
I thought you were gonna say the game Mahomes gets the ball back with 13 seconds left and flawlessly gets down field for the winning score in a brutal game. That sequence killed the bills

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I never claimed super bowl comes of it. Im not gonna argue something i never said. Have a great day.
There are no leaders on a Job with a Narcissistic owner that cuts off his managers authority in front of first line employees.

What managerial HR plan and business model has been successful doing that in corporate?

Since this is a Dallas Cowboys forum I focused on football. However, look at Jerry Jones other businesses. He does not impeded authority of those he puts in charge. He left his oil business to his partner to run, he is a majority shareholder in Comstock Resources that has a CEO, his hospitality company Legends is run by Sixth Street, and he is not managing any Papa John's Franchises. Because the Owner, GM, and HC Narcissistic managerial leadership style does not work in corporate, Jones does not do what he does in his other businesses.

He gets all his narcissist ego rub by Arlington Jonesboys fans. So, you will never have what Tex said the Dallas Cowboys had stability at owner, leadership stability at Head Coach, and leadership stability at Quarterback. That will give you 30 years of Divisional Championships, NFC Championships, and Super Bowls.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are no leaders on a Job with a Narcissistic owner that cuts off his managers authority in front of first line employees.

What managerial HR plan and business model has been successful doing that in corporate?

Since this is a Dallas Cowboys forum I focused on football. However, look at Jerry Jones other businesses. He does not impeded authority of those he puts in charge. He left his oil business to his partner to run, he is a majority shareholder in Comstock Resources that has a CEO, his hospitality company Legends is run by Sixth Street, and he is not managing any Papa John's Franchises. Because the Owner, GM, and HC Narcissistic managerial leadership style does not work in corporate, Jones does not do what he does in his other businesses.

He gets all his narcissist ego rub by Arlington Jonesboys fans. So, you will never have what Tex said the Dallas Cowboys had stability at owner, leadership stability at Head Coach, and leadership stability at Quarterback. That will give you 30 years of Divisional Championships, NFC Championships, and Super Bowls.
I say he could get in people's faces when they screw up.

Oh wait...Jerry told him not to do that.

Okay.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I say he could get in people's faces when they screw up.

Oh wait...Jerry told him not to do that.

Okay.
He had that with Parcells and Johnson and we know how that ended up. This is the Arlington Jonesboys. When Dallas Cowboy fans wake up and realize this, they will feel much better at the end of every season. They will understand that Jerry Jones meant what he said..."Cowboys stay relevant". Not win..."stay relevant".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But but these fools say he is a leader. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman were leaders . They carried the team to another level. Dak has had 8 years to do that and he can't even get Dallas past the first round.
There's nothing he portrays...that make him a real leader. We've seen him but-slap. sky-point, new Nikes for all...how many times do you see him get in the face of a player that made a mistake?

Never.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He had that with Parcells and Johnson and we know how that ended up. This is the Arlington Jonesboys. When Dallas Cowboy fans wake up and realize this, they will feel much better at the end of every season. They will understand that Jerry Jones meant what he said..."Cowboys stay relevant". Not win..."stay relevant".
12-5 in Jerry World is winning.
Hosting a playoff game is winning big.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But...are you saying Dak cannot be a "leader" like aikman was? Well..maybe not EXACTLY aikman. Aikman got in coach's face...I don;t recommend Dak do that.

I just fail to see your connection that Dak can;t possibly assert himself on the field while Jerry is about. I'd think Jerry would approve...as in "git em Dak".

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Damn money, maybe Mahomes is just

There's nothing he portrays...that make him a real leader. We've seen him but-slap. sky-point, new Nikes for all...how many times do you see him get in the face of a player that made a mistake?

Never.
I can't argue with that but Mahomes doesn't get on his teammates like that . Staubach didn't seem to do that either.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
But...are you saying Dak cannot be a "leader" like aikman was? Well..maybe not EXACTLY aikman. Aikman got in coach's face...I don;t recommend Dak do that.

I just fail to see your connection that Dak can;t possibly assert himself on the field while Jerry is about. I'd think Jerry would approve...as in "git em Dak".
Aikman said it himself, he did not have to lead the team because Jimmy Johnson was the leader in total control. Jimmy got in everybody's face. When Johnson was fired, Aikman was uncomfortable with the non leadership style of Switzer under Jerry Jones (Switzer was totally different at OU). This put Aikman in a position of leadership he did not have during the Super Bowl years of Johnson. He did not have support of his authority, accountability, responsibility. That is what a leader at HC gives his QB or any other leader on the team.

Dak cannot assert himself as a leader like Mahomes, because McCarthy cannot give Dak what he does not have himself..Authority, Accountability, and Responsibility. All of that belongs to the owner, GM, and defacto HC...Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Jerry gives his puppet HC one thing...accountability for losses.

Where have you guys been for the last 30 years. You saw him get rid of Landry, Johnson, and Parcells...What did these 3 men have in common? The where the leaders of the team. Then others could lead because they had authority, accountability, and responsibility. Therefore, they could delegate authority, accountability, and responsibility.

For football you cannot get leadership on the field of authority, accountability, and responsibility from the box suite. Why do you think Jerry Jones would go down to the field after Jimmy had the Cowboys winning...because that is where leadership with authority, accountability, and responsibility is located.

Creeper

Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
I said when Dak signed that over the 10 years of Mahomes' contract, Dak would make more money. And he will.