CFZ How wide of a gap is there between the Cowboys from the 49ers/Eagles

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Take away homer thoughts, both the 49ers/Eagles last yr were clearly better teams then the Cowboys:

-Both teams were absolutely loaded personnel wise. Eagles lost arguably their best defensive player in Hargrave, who signed with the 49ers. Lost their coordinators on both sides of the football and now will be counting on several young prospects to make an impact. Eagles are quite like the Cowboy team, but still have better players inside the trenches on both side of the football. Eagles might see a little step back due to a lot unproven talent.

-The 49ers, in my opinion are a different animal, health remains a concern, along with their QB position. Will teams figure out Purdy? The same can be said about Hurts. Usually, when given an off-season, defensive coordinators will find weaknesses to exploit. Will they find away to overcome the so called 2nd yr jinx? How do teams successfully attack the 49er defense?

-Cowboys definitely can play with both teams, but they will need to play more clean and take advantage of their opponents mistakes. Still believe their is a gap. but not as wide as previous seasons.

JayFord

Reaction score
There isnt a gap...all 3 teams have just as good a chance to head to the superbowl this year

Take the playoffs last year...imo we go to the superbowl if dak plays average ...defense held them to 19 points....thats a game Dallas should win

but Dak also gives us a chance and im happy to have him here....i think we get to a SB within the next 2 years.....our defense is better than Philly's right now and will compete with the 49ers defense (their lb core is AMAZING!)

JayFord

Reaction score
There’s not a gap IMO. Dak needs to play better against the 49ers. Simple as that. Cowboys showed last year they can play with the Eagles. They are of the same caliber.
If Dak goes 11-25 1 td, 155 yards and no ints we win that game

I love Dak and think hes a great QB but that showing vs SF was the reason we went home

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Take away homer thoughts, both the 49ers/Eagles last yr were clearly better teams then the Cowboys:

-Both teams were absolutely loaded personnel wise. Eagles lost arguably their best defensive player in Hargrave, who signed with the 49ers. Lost their coordinators on both sides of the football and now will be counting on several young prospects to make an impact. Eagles are quite like the Cowboy team, but still have better players inside the trenches on both side of the football. Eagles might see a little step back due to a lot unproven talent.

-The 49ers, in my opinion are a different animal, health remains a concern, along with their QB position. Will teams figure out Purdy? The same can be said about Hurts. Usually, when given an off-season, defensive coordinators will find weaknesses to exploit. Will they find away to overcome the so called 2nd yr jinx? How do teams successfully attack the 49er defense?

-Cowboys definitely can play with both teams, but they will need to play more clean and take advantage of their opponents mistakes. Still believe their is a gap. but not as wide as previous seasons.
Every team has figured out Hurts. If you let him run with the ball he’s more difficult to beat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I love Dak and think hes a great QB but that showing vs SF was the reason we went home
Its a big part of it for sure. IF he played half as good as he did in that Buccs game it would've been a victory. To me had Dak played better it would've forced the 49ers to score more than 19 points....so I do think it would've taken more than 19 points to beat them but its still the same issue. Dak needed to play better. Defense played good enough to win that day.

blueblood70

Reaction score

None against the eagles. the niners its miniscule.. small gap

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its a big part of it for sure. IF he played half as good as he did in that Buccs game it would've been a victory. To me had Dak played better it would've forced the 49ers to score more than 19 points....so I do think it would've taken more than 19 points to beat them but its still the same issue. Dak needed to play better. Defense played good enough to win that day.
Disagree...

blueblood70

Reaction score

Disagree... needed much more than that, better OL play both run and pass , better RB play, more players besides ceedee making plays.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
um the RBS, receivers, TEs, & coaches all need to play better, Dak did NOT blow that one on his own. plenty of other issues in those games.
Naw see this is what I use to do with Romo and i'm not going to do it with Dak. Those days are over. We cant' keep sitting here saying oh everyone needs to play better. Yes, theorectially everyone does need to play better but I have a certain standard for Dak. The standard he's shown. He showed the week prior what he can do. Different teams....I get it but that's what we need. Because its not going to be perfect. The running backs are going to suck at times. The receivers are going to drop passes. The offensive line is gonna give up sacks. Its going to happen. Its time for Dak to step up when those things break down. Because when Maher was sucking and missing all his field goals Dak was there to keep the game out of reach.

I don't care anymore why we lose or who deserves the most blame for it. We have to stop the excuses.

jgboys1

Reaction score

Those are bus driver stats right there and that is all he had to do. Don't turn over the ball and we have a chance to win every game we are in.