How will Zimmer create a pass rush with Micah and Tank gone?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With there not being much pass rush with these guys here, we now have them not here. In your mind you'll say "we need pass rushers", and you're right. With that said, how will we create a pass rush to get to the QB to hopefully get turnovers, and make big plays? We have some young guys that I feel could be helpful in bringing pressure if we draw up a nice scheme for them.

Is there anyway we could rush Overshown more or Marist Liaufau? Overshown is a bit small, but boy is he a heat seeking rocket!!!! We have a lot of safeties on this team, why not some safety blitzes or a CB blitz? Let's have fun with this, please give your thoughts!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How will Zimmer create a pass rush with Micah and Tank gone?

VO80Pw1.gif

John813

Reaction score
Lower the difficulty from All Madden to Rookie is my guess.

See if Goodell notices.

IIRC Zimmer had done a lot of pre snap looks to confuse the offense on who is rushing and who is not.
Not sure he has the tools to have a good pass rush without deviating and exposing his young corner on the outside.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he'll look at several different blitz packages. Of course that leaves them vulnerable in coverage. Therefore, Zimmer will look to blitz with speed in he hopes of preventing QB's from finding the open receiver.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really need to think about this one before I give my thoughts. I have 2,552 other threads to think about. From just today.
:laugh:

Kneeland looked good last week against NYG. He needs to build upon that.

Will Henry, who they just got from the Bengals PS, will he play? Can Lawson be an impact at all at this point?
Overshown will need to have a good game, probably to spy Fields. He can be the difference maker needed. Containing Fields to allow the pass rush and secondary to do their jobs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He probably won't. He can blitz but that has it's own dangers especially with a secondary with 1 real starter, 2 if you count lewis.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not expecting much to change for this week against Pittsburgh. I'd look for a lot of simulated pressure, but mostly falling into coverage. They'll blitz but they'll look for the right time to blitz more so than brining a frequent blitz. Justin fields isnt likely to sit back and beat you from the pocket so a more controlled pass rush to just close those lanes for him to step up and scramble should keep you in the game. The big thing for the Cowboys here honestly is simply can they stop the run game with any effectiveness to set up these 3rd and long situations.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm pretty sure he'll look at several different blitz packages. Of course that leaves them vulnerable in coverage. Therefore, Zimmer will look to blitz with speed in he hopes of preventing QB's from finding the open receiver.
I can just see it now, blitz and leaving our secondary vulnerable for them to connect on a big pass play