How will Zimmer create a pass rush with Micah and Tank gone?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VO80Pw1.gif
Ah yes, The Jetsons were fun to watch! Loved their pet, Dino! :D

Mr_437

Reaction score
Fields may not be able to do it, but it should be pitch n catch for QBs and WRs without a pass rush. Only hope is Bland gets back to make it more difficult on the backend.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crank this passing offense up using motion and misdirection plays and put pressure on the Steelers all game long. Use the offense as the weapon and the defense as the enforcer. Any better suggestions for this depleted squad?
I would suggest us using this not just for this game, but being creative in all games and having back up plans

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fields may not be able to do it, but it should be pitch n catch for QBs and WRs without a pass rush. Only hope is Bland gets back to make it more difficult on the backend.
I like bland but he's been known to give up some yards, we'll see how things go

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He wasn’t creating a pass rush with them. I remember how many fans during the offseason were trying to talk themselves into Zimmer being a great hire. :rolleyes: The defense has gotten worse under him. Go read all the negatives I had to say about Zimmer the day he was hired.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With there not being much pass rush with these guys here, we now have them not here. In your mind you'll say "we need pass rushers", and you're right. With that said, how will we create a pass rush to get to the QB to hopefully get turnovers, and make big plays? We have some young guys that I feel could be helpful in bringing pressure if we draw up a nice scheme for them.

Is there anyway we could rush Overshown more or Marist Liaufau? Overshown is a bit small, but boy is he a heat seeking rocket!!!! We have a lot of safeties on this team, why not some safety blitzes or a CB blitz? Let's have fun with this, please give your thoughts!!
Not sure we had 1 with both of them in the lineup.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
With there not being much pass rush with these guys here, we now have them not here. In your mind you'll say "we need pass rushers", and you're right. With that said, how will we create a pass rush to get to the QB to hopefully get turnovers, and make big plays? We have some young guys that I feel could be helpful in bringing pressure if we draw up a nice scheme for them.

Is there anyway we could rush Overshown more or Marist Liaufau? Overshown is a bit small, but boy is he a heat seeking rocket!!!! We have a lot of safeties on this team, why not some safety blitzes or a CB blitz? Let's have fun with this, please give your thoughts!!
This is where Bill Belichick would shine. I am not a "fan" of Bill, but I respect results. And no question, Bill can do more with less...whereas some coaches are only good with "their" guys.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zimmer, the only guy that can make you miss Quinn. At least Quinn's guys would run through walls for him, his defenses got turnovers and splash plays. Yeah, there were some bad hiccups and that's why he's gone. But, this defense looks uninspired, lost and confused out there.

Creeper

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he'll look at several different blitz packages. Of course that leaves them vulnerable in coverage. Therefore, Zimmer will look to blitz with speed in he hopes of preventing QB's from finding the open receiver.
I agree with this. He has to be concerned with the rookie at CB so if they blitz they are exposing him. Then again, giving the QB a lot of time to throw exposes him even more.

If Bland was back and fully healthy, I would look to blitz a lot. I think Overshown and Luifau up the middle would be something that might help.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

He will have to rely on the Double-A gap blitz more. Although we've blitzed some, we've mainly been attacking with Parsons off the edge or lined up in the middle. With Parsons out, it should be more "guess who's coming" with two linebackers lined up in the gap before the snap and the safety and slot corner close to the line.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He will have to rely on the Double-A gap blitz more. Although we've blitzed some, we've mainly been attacking with Parsons off the edge or lined up in the middle. With Parsons out, it should be more "guess who's coming" with two linebackers lined up in the gap before the snap and the safety and slot corner close to the line.
we might actually be better

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Why worry about a pass rush when we can't stop the run? They won't have to pass, just keep running the ball, Fields will probably have 20 or less pass attempts.