How would Romo do?

dckid

Reaction score
How would Romo in his prime have done last Sunday against the Rams?
Romo has the same or better overall teams. Offense and defense combined.
Like some other member posted on another thread... Dak, Cousins, Wentz, Goff, add Romo to the list.. Good QB’s they will not be at Russel, Aaron, Brady, Brees level. No shame in that but they just won’t be. I think even Stafford and Ryan are also good, Ryan maybe a bit better as he got to a SB. Qb’s like these all have strengths and weaknesses. What Dallas coaches need to do is take Daks strengths and just double triple down on them. Move him around, design runs, throw deep, screens.. Come on.
Hell even if they go back to 2016 offense and just hold the ball forever with these weapons at least our defense can get some rest.

Swagger

Reaction score
If we had Romo at quarterback on Sunday then the assumption is that we would have had him last season. In which case we would have been playing Washington and not the Rams on sunday...o_O

phildadon86

Reaction score
He didn't do it Sunday? He takes off running for sure but he isn't a good throw on the run guy.
Yes he is. It just wasn’t designed into the game plan and hasn’t been since linehan left. Quite apparent you don’t actually know what Dak can do you just agree with everyone else. Like the rest of the sheep these days.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How would Romo in his prime have done last Sunday against the Rams?

How would Aikman do in his prime? How would Staubach do in his prime? How would Eddie LeBaron do in his prime?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Romo probably would have won the game.

There are no doubts about it, Romo is a better thrower, higher football IQ, etc. than Dak. Despite his flaws, I always felt like we could win any game with him in the lineup, no matter the odds. Romo beat the undefeated Colts, Saints, went to Seattle and won, and also won more games that no one gave us a chance to win.

If everything isn't perfect, Dak can't be nearly as effective. He is not an improviser or a pinpoint passer....he is limited.

GMO415

Reaction score
Romo? The nerve of some folk.
tenor.gif

cowboygo

Reaction score
You mean what would Romo do with this roster? I’ll tell you what defenses wouldn’t do? Show all the single-safety, man coverage Dak sees because of the running game. Zeke would have had a field day... You already saw what Garrett did on Monday with his RG and as a play-caller.. Dak wouldn’t last two games with Garrett as play-caller.

Romo had one season in control of this offense with Linehan and was basically the MVP in 2014 and threw 34 TDs and had 9 INTs and 3 of them were in the first game if I remember correctly. This dude was laying the smack down on Seattle in Seattle and was almost near perfect in the second half in sub-zero temperatures in Lambeau, and up to that point undefeated on the road and Sean Lee in his prime was out the whole year..
explain to me why the rams played a 1-high SINGLE SAFETY coverage 35% of their snaps. Which was 4th-least in the NFL in week 1.