How would Romo do?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony is ancient history. Kind of an odd thread.

Since the question is about prime Romo....then of course.
The last time he played with a roster like this one---actually one with less talent--was 2014.
2nd highest scoring team in Cowboys history was the result....so yes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How would Romo in his prime have done last Sunday against the Rams?
Romo had way too many years of overzealous criticism hell directed at him as a player. His days of being broiled by the Football Isn’t A Team Sport faction are done.

Prescott sits in the same oven now. Fair or unfair, let him be cooked alive over the same nonsense. It is part of the job unfortunately.

LocoBates

Reaction score
Probably would have thrown a 4th quarter interception to lose the game and go 8-8 this season. Romo did that.
The current QB also finished 8-8 last season, at least with Romo we would be entertained 3 and 3/4 qtrs of the game, unlike the current QB where we know the game is lost a the start of the second half :laugh:

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dallas would be in playoff each year with Romo in his prime on this team. The Defense would ultimately prevent them from going really deep in playoffs but a Romo lead offense with those weapons would rival Kurt Warner greatest show on turf.
In His prime we weren’t in the playoffs every year. I need to borrow your portal and visit bizzaro world

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The current QB also finished 8-8 last season, at least with Romo we would be entertained 3 and 3/4 qtrs of the game, unlike the current QB where we know the game is lost a the start of the second half :laugh:

Yeah the good old Romo days. All those playoff wins. What memories...

You do know Dak’s win percentage is nearly identical to Romo’s over his career. You probably don’t know that.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
You mean what would Romo do with this roster? I’ll tell you what defenses wouldn’t do? Show all the single-safety, man coverage Dak sees because of the running game. Zeke would have had a field day... You already saw what Garrett did on Monday with his RG and as a play-caller.. Dak wouldn’t last two games with Garrett as play-caller.

Romo had one season in control of this offense with Linehan and was basically the MVP in 2014 and threw 34 TDs and had 9 INTs and 3 of them were in the first game if I remember correctly. This dude was laying the smack down on Seattle in Seattle and was almost near perfect in the second half in sub-zero temperatures in Lambeau, and up to that point undefeated on the road and Sean Lee in his prime was out the whole year..
No defense respected romo.

Stop the lies. DBs loved playing the cowboys because they’d rack up nice stats

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Dallas would be in playoff each year with Romo in his prime on this team. The Defense would ultimately prevent them from going really deep in playoffs but a Romo lead offense with those weapons would rival Kurt Warner greatest show on turf.

Just like when we had Romo wait.....
I liked Romo but people act like Romo was Tom Brady in his prime.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo on a good day lol

he lost, but what a offensive show.
I think this is when we had worst defense in nfl. I guess denver didnt have a great defense either lol

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

That's on Kellen Moore and his run 1st offense.

cowfan

Reaction score
The Cowboys had great talent on teams with Tony Romo. He didn't win a Super Bowl with those players and where are all those playoff wins.