How would you fix this defense going forward

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not just right now, but even after the season. Its obvious this defense will hold this team back from being even close to a contender

Its been approximately 11 years since we fielded any semblance of a reliable defense.

The dumb owner and his son obviously have 0 idea how to fix that side of the ball.

Cutting Tank and Jaylon are probably the most popular option, but not realistic.

What would you do?
When we watch these games we see the Cowboys scoring a lot of points and like to blame the defense for not being able to stop the other team. But the problem is the offense has way too many turnovers leading to points. Dallas gave Seattle 14 points last night. defense got 7 back by Diggs heads up play. The Falcons were spotted 17 points too!

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Get rid of Lawrence and get rid of Jaylon. Yes, they both make a ton of cash but they are making the defense worse being on the field. Addition by subtraction. Then, get some safeties for the love of God. They've ignored the position since drafting Roy Williams. We've started low quality FA's, low round draft picks, players converted from other positions...just get a decent guy back there. I think our corners are ok, they are just all hurt. If they had any help over the top they might be safe to jump some routes or make plays on the ball. We need to retain Aldon on the line. Hill is looking better. We need some big dudes to put in the middle. We need some sumo wrestlers to just anchor there. This isn't going to be fixed in one off-season.

Cmac

Reaction score
As someone stated earlier, get healthy. Lee could change a lot real fast by himself. He was our best player on D last year.
....but Lee is always hurt. He's done.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I think we have a blossoming one in the secondary in Diggs. Our LBs are complete trash.
Yeah I’m not including Diggs’ potential but if we had to fix the defense right NOW like tomorrow, hypothetically, it would have to be.

Diggs still has his struggles throughout the game as well, but I’m not knocking him tho. He seems like he’s gonna be a good player going forward.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Say what you want but the line played better than they did the previous two weeks. Secondary and linebackers are going to be a work in progress all season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When we watch these games we see the Cowboys scoring a lot of points and like to blame the defense for not being able to stop the other team. But the problem is the offense has way too many turnovers leading to points. Dallas gave Seattle 14 points last night. defense got 7 back by Diggs heads up play. The Falcons were spotted 17 points too!

Actually spotted them 16 points. The safety after pollard being a moron

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Trade Amari Cooper for a low first or second round pick and unload his contract. Lamb, Gallup, and Wilson is still a top 10 WR core.
2. Sign Dak
2. Go get a pro bowl level DB or 2. Draft some DL in round 1.

The team has an extreme talent disparity between offense and defense.

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
I don’t see an easy answer on this. The talent is very suspect. I hate saying this. But maybe plying a little more passive on back end for now.

I want them to mix things up and blitz some . But I don’t feel like we can hold up down after down playing man to man. Not with current corners.

I do have some faith the pass rush will improve and I think that will help a bunch. Let’s see. If not. We are a mediocre team at best. Sound familiar?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Id start by signing Earl Thomas.
I honestly don't think Earl moves the needle much. If you fix the issues elsewhere, maybe so. But just to insert him into the current level of play isn't going to change anything.