CZ POLL How would you rate the Cowboys pre-draft off-season so far?

How would you rate the Cowboys pre-draft off-season so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think the Gilmore and Cooks picks made sense given Dallas’ needs, but like others have pointed out I would have liked to have seen the OL addressed…I still believe that is a position of need. Hopefully… Jerry and Co. stay away from “splash” picks or trying to outsmart themselves during the draft.
So the Cowboys added some good players, but that is only half of it, the coaching staff must continue to coach-up the players and place them in positions to maximize contribution to the team.
So…a solid “B” overall thus far.

Jarntt

Reaction score
It’s 100% been great. You can’t fill every hole in one off-season so I don’t personally think the fact that we still have some holes means it hasn’t been great. The fact that these holes exist are reasons that prior off-seasons have been poor, but not this one. In a cap world you need to make decisions on where to use your cap space and draft picks as trade chips.

now of course the key part of your question is “so far” because as we all know the draft is a huge part of the off-season and where we should be looking to continue improving the roster. then there will also be the post draft filling of more holes. I also think with this cap space we may be a player at the trade deadline as well where you can often grab a really good player on the last year of his deal that a team who is out of the playoff race knows they aren’t re-signing.

Lastly I wonder if this aggressive off-season is a sign that wildcat Jerry is back and taking the reins and that some draft day trades are also going to be more likely

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I will give them an A if they draft someone who can compete for or eventually take over as QB1. Right now they get a D- because they skipped free agency yet again.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Too early to judge so it will be just OK once the season start we will have a better idea

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I gave them a B. Solid off-season. OG and DT are still glaring holes. I hope they are filled in the draft and/or maybe a camp cut vet. The CM deal was very reasonable and they probably should have resigned him. Still good off-season so far.

Hardline

Reaction score
It became only good once they decided not to sign Bobby Wagner. I factor who they didn't sign as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
They received a “great vote” from me, but I would like to see Dak get some legitimate competition at QB. I would have tried to add Baker Mayfield and add a legit draft pick to compete with Dak.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They received a “great vote” from me, but I would like to see Dak get some legitimate competition at QB. I would have tried to add Baker Mayfield and add a legit draft pick to compete with Dak.
Baker Mayfield is legit competition for Dak?

I'm all for drafting a QB. And the Cowboys probably will. But it that won't provide much competition for a couple of years.

Jipper

Reaction score
A only bc I can't give an A+

This is the type of offseason a championship caliber team puts together....draft well in 11 days, add a couple more mid tier FAs to cover and gaps and rock and roll!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
A only bc I can't give an A+

This is the type of offseason a championship caliber team puts together....draft well in 11 days, add a couple more mid tier FAs to cover and gaps and rock and roll!
facepalm-really.gif

Based on what?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You’ll see a better Dak than he was last year with the new OC and offensive philosophy. Add in Brandin Cooks, a legit WR, a new RB, a hopefully 100% Galloway and teams will fear them. Still need to get some depth along the offensive and defensive lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.