CZ POLL How would you rate the Cowboys pre-draft off-season so far?

How would you rate the Cowboys pre-draft off-season so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
facepalm-really.gif

Based on what?
Based on the quality of signings (using low picks to aquire) the smart use of cap dollars and the way the team has set itself up for the draft. The way they are approaching the season with managing personel and making smart decisions on contracts without losing key players is exactly what a team that has championship aspirations does.

Bring home the draft and the team is poised to stack another big season on top of the 2 previous ones and potentially hit the next level.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I gave a B because they once again failed to truly address DT, it’s almost like they’re trying to prove they can win w/o a great DT anchoring the defense.

Failed to address a shaky, at best, OL and needed to add depth at LB.

So when they don’t address certain positions they’re lacking, they telegraph their draft plans to the rest of the league.

Getting rid of the OC is also a step in the right direction.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It became only good once they decided not to sign Bobby Wagner. I factor who they didn't sign as well.
They didn’t “decide not to sign” him.

It would have taken a ton of money to keep him out of Seattle. He’s said it was his plan all along to go back to his family and home which were still in Seattle.

Heck, he said when he left them the first time that it wasn’t goodbye and that he would return.

Kwyn

Reaction score
No QBs to challenge Dak or Rush…F if a SB is your ultimate goal.
Here were the top free agents at QB

Lamar (tagged and would have cost two firsts even if Baltimore didn’t match

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

Jimmy Garopollo

Was one of those guys going to lead us to the a Super Bowl?

Verdict

Reaction score
You’ll see a better Dak than he was last year with the new OC and offensive philosophy. Add in Brandin Cooks, a legit WR, a new RB, a hopefully 100% Galloway and teams will fear them. Still need to get some depth along the offensive and defensive lines.
I’m not nearly as confident in that as you are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I give them a C

Our biggest weakness (DT) still hasnt been addressed and we lost depth at the position with Carlos Watkins going to Houston.

Im sorry but 31 yo Johnathan Hankins, Osa, and Gallimore doesnt move the needle for me

Thus, I'd love for us to get Becton or Dexter (Florida) in rounds 2 or 3. I think that rotation with Hankins would move the needle for me. Especially if we can also get another olineman and Bigsby or even Robinson (in the highly unlikely even he falls to us)

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes I am encouraged we have actually participated in free agency and made some acquisitions.

But I agree with most until we address the trenches especially the defensive tackle position we will still stall out in the playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Okay off season so far. Not much of a deviation from the usual. Let's see if they do something interesting in the draft. Like anything except just sit there.

John813

Reaction score
B

They just re-signed their own and got rid of an overpaid RB. Signed a few depth guys to one year deals.

Glad they kept a few guys on the defense but they haven’t really upgraded any spot yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.