How would you really feel about Lance if he had to start a game for us?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What would your feelings be if he had to start a game this season due to the starter being out for whatever reason? Has he shown enough that he can command this offense and help us win a game if needed?? Please give your thoughts

(Cue: This is another Lance thread 3,2,1)
Feelings? None. He's a Cowboys player, I've lost "feelings" for my Cowboys years ago. I'd watch and see what happens, same as Dak...

conner01

Reaction score
I want to reserve judgment until Lance is able to play with the starting line and throw to guys like Lamb, Cooks, and Ferguson.
And against real opposition. The problem is that’s only gonna hapoen if Dak is injured. He did look better this week than last. I thought he made solid decisions most of the time. And a decision on his future is coming so it’s a tough decision to make since you may not see him in real game situations. On a side note he is a prime example of why I didn’t like cutting the number of pre season games. The guys at the bottom of the roster need as many games as they can get and he sure does

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance is so raw but he looked much better gane 2 than game 1. The only way to know if he can continue to grow is reps. But they aren’t benching Dak to get him those reps. If there was an injury the only logical replacement would be Lance to me since you really need to see him because you have to sign him if he does have a future
He looked better because he threw significantly less passes.

conner01

Reaction score
He looked better because he threw significantly less passes.
Maybe. But I thought he looked more comfortable and made quicker reads. It’s just hard to tell in a pre season game because it’s so vanilla. He’s so raw that it could be another year before he even has any chance. He only threw about 300 passes in college. He came out because he knew he’d get drafted high just on physical tools, and I get that. But for his long term career he would have been better off staying in college another year. But no player then would have done that because of the money. Now you may see more of that with all the NIL money they can get

Chasing6

Reaction score
I can see it now. If Trance plays bad in preseason game 3, it will be Dak's fault for calling plays.