How would you really feel about Lance if he had to start a game for us?

McMicah

Reaction score
I’d feel completely fine.

Not because I think he’s an amazing passer, but because:

1. It’s an investment. He needs game reps. Period. He has almost no qb xp even in college. Any game he plays tells us more about him. Also, his improvement from week 1 to week 2 should tell you he hasn’t even come close to his ceiling. I’m good losing a game to invest in his development rather than play Dak when I know how the season ends and that he’s running out of seasons

2. They would lean into his legs way more than they are in the preseason. Right now they are forcing him to pass to develop that (which is great), but in a real game he’s a massive dual threat. They’d use that in a game that matters

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When he done that consistently in games that mean something I’ll admit I’m wrong until then you and the rest of the fanboys are clutching at straws as usual!
Why do I feel like you say that, but like every other Dak fan, prays that Lance never gets the chance to prove you right or wrong and Jerry makes Dak QB for life instead?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Why do I feel like you say that, but like every other Dak fan, prays that Lance never gets the chance to prove you right or wrong and Jerry makes Dak QB for life instead?
I’m no fan of Dak, I’m just not ready to anoint a guy who a team spent a king’s ransom in draft picks to select 3rd overall and then a couple of years later traded away for a 4th and has looked half decent in one preseason game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m no fan of Dak, I’m just not ready to anoint a guy who a team spent a king’s ransom in draft picks to select 3rd overall and then a couple of years later traded away for a 4th and has looked half decent in one preseason game.
Do you want him to get a chance or not?

That means Dak leaves.

Are you okay with that?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Do you want him to get a chance or not?

That means Dak leaves.

Are you okay with that?
What’s that got to do with you slobbering over him?
He’s getting his chance, in the preseason which is where a QB with his experience should get a chance.
There is no way he’ll start in the regular season unless Dak gets hurt simple as that!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What’s that got to do with you slobbering over him?
He’s getting his chance, in the preseason which is where a QB with his experience should get a chance.
There is no way he’ll start in the regular season unless Dak gets hurt simple as that!
Do. You. Want. Lance. To. Get. A. Chance. In. Real. Games. Or. Not. If. It. Means. Losing. Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOl you guys should be politicians. expand on the truth a bit? while the raiders did have starters in early the first impactful drive from Dallas I remember the announcers saying that there was only a couple left in the game so the impactful starters like Crosby were sitting by then.

That said if your a dallas fan you have to like what you saw from lance in general i know i did. I want to see more but Im encouraged. he looks so much better than last week.
Sorry I don't remember how many or when.
I just remember them saying it several times.

1time4urMind

Reaction score
He looks like an NFL backup. So if he had to start a game, I'd be about as comfortable as I am with most QB2's.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Do. You. Want. Lance. To. Get. A. Chance. In. Real. Games. Or. Not. If. It. Means. Losing. Dak.
I could care less!
This team isn’t going anywhere with the current FO Dak or no Dak.
You can slobber over Lance all you like but he hasn’t shown anything so far that he was worthy of being picked in the first round, let alone 3rd overall.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I could care less!
This team isn’t going anywhere with the current FO Dak or no Dak.
You can slobber over Lance all you like but he hasn’t shown anything so far that he was worthy of being picked in the first round, let alone 3rd overall.
And it sounds like if it was up to you Lance will never get the chance to show anything in Dallas.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was average play. I don't count him to be anything more than average

But as to the question, did he play against the 1st team Raiders defense?

Some of yall get called out on hyperbole and mistruths and can't take it.
so people claim that there was missing offensive starters. raiders didn't play all their starters. people claim that MM didn't do game planning. but Raiders didn't do game planning. most of the game he went against 3rd and 4th stringers. early on he struggled. keep in mind most teams play their starters for a few plays or couple of series and pull them. Lance didn't get in until 2nd quarter. he started the game 1-4 for 2 yards. towards end of 2nd quarter did a little better and ended up I believe 4/8 for 25 yards....and a TD...

so yeah, I don't think he really played against a legit first string defense.