How's The Weather In Your Area?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While the east coast and northern Europe have seen abnormally cold weather and high quantities of snow, the Colorado Rockies have had a relatively mild and dry winter.

This past week we spent a few days around Winter Park, CO. While the ski runs were open, many of the surrounding areas were devoid of snow. Sigh.

I have friends there now. The other day, it was 70 degrees at the bottom of the slopes :(

Londonboy

Reaction score
The weather here in Oklahoma stinks.
Things I have experienced firshand in the last 20 years here.
A 5.6 magnitude earthquake
A F1 Tornado
Several droughts
Wind that is constantly blowing from the south or north{usually south}
Oppressive heat in the summer.
Several hailstorms of biblical proportions which have resulted in the roof being replaced 3 times since 2004.
Temps as low as 8 degrees in the winter.

That being said currently it is around 55 degrees, cloudy with little chance of rain and a good portion of the state is{again} in drought status.

And to all those people complaining about to much rain/snow.......I envy you.
Not sure that You can blame the weather for an earthquake.
Snowing and near freezing temps here.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The weather here in Oklahoma stinks.
Things I have experienced firshand in the last 20 years here.
A 5.6 magnitude earthquake
A F1 Tornado
Several droughts
Wind that is constantly blowing from the south or north{usually south}
Oppressive heat in the summer.
Several hailstorms of biblical proportions which have resulted in the roof being replaced 3 times since 2004.
Temps as low as 8 degrees in the winter.

That being said currently it is around 55 degrees, cloudy with little chance of rain and a good portion of the state is{again} in drought status.

And to all those people complaining about to much rain/snow.......I envy you.
No offense intended, but that is pretty much my childhood memory of Oklahoma weather (minus the earthquakes). :)

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Not sure that You can blame the weather for an earthquake.
Snowing and near freezing temps here.

Well of course not, they didn't start until around 2010 which is right around the same time frame they started fracking. Oklahoma used to be very low on the number of quakes but currently I believe we are #2 in the nation as far as earthquakes go. Trade ya some snow for some drought :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
No offense intended, but that is pretty much my childhood memory of Oklahoma weather (minus the earthquakes). :)

None taken.
I know memories are short when diluted but it seems when I was younger 80s and before there seemed to be more moisture whether it was rain or snow.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Mercy. Yet another N'easter is approaching (4th one within a month). We're expecting close to a foot of that white fluffy stuff. To top it off, it's the first day of Spring. Brrrr....
tenor.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah... Predicting 12"-18" here. Starting around midnight tonight till 8AM on Thursday. (32 freaking hours of snow!?!??!)

This crap needs to go.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. I hear ya @YosemiteSam. It's coming down in buckets. One to three inches per hour. They're calling for a wintery mix for Sunday night too. All schools, Govt. offices shut down etc....
Gonna do some binge watching today.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I believe I can speak for all of us fellas when I say......I hope winter burns in hell.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe I can speak for all of us fellas when I say......I hope winter burns in hell.
I don't know about everyone else, but you're definitely speaking for me!
I'm in NYC this morning, trying to make deliveries. Thankfully, I got very little snow at my house in CT. Didn't even stick to the driveway.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but you're definitely speaking for me!
I'm in NYC this morning, trying to make deliveries. Thankfully, I got very little snow at my house in CT. Didn't even stick to the driveway.

We didn't get anything really until around 7pm. Then it dropped about 4-6 inches. Hard to tell because the guys already shoveled / plowed the streets and sidewalks by the time I left this morning. There is still what looks like 13-15+ inches of snow on the grass.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We didn't get anything really until around 7pm. Then it dropped about 4-6 inches. Hard to tell because the guys already shoveled / plowed the streets and sidewalks by the time I left this morning. There is still what looks like 13-15+ inches of snow on the grass.
One of our other drivers went to Long Island today and couldn't make a single delivery.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
After finally getting a nice day for a change...naturally it's back to wind and rain of course.