big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WOW!!!!!!!!!

Huge pot bust in Northern Calif national forest

AP – Fri, Jul 29, 2011

UKIAH, Calif. (AP) — Law enforcement officials said Friday they struck a major blow against illegal marijuana cultivation on public lands in the heart of Northern California pot country.

The two-week operation to purge the Mendocino National Forest of illicit pot gardens uprooted 460,000 pot plants and led to more than 100 arrests, U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag said.

About 1,500 pounds of processed marijuana, 27 guns and 11 vehicles were also seized.

The 900,000-acre forest — larger than Rhode Island — spans six counties in a region of mountains and forests known as the Emerald Triangle for its high concentration of pot farms. Agents raided more than 50 gardens teeming with trash, irrigation pipes and chemicals that damage forestland and waterways, authorities said.

"The Mendocino National Forest is under attack by drug traffickers," Haag said.

The operation was part of an annual summer effort to eradicate marijuana from public lands across the state. Six sheriff's departments, the state anti-narcotics bureau and at least a half-dozen federal agencies took part in the effort in the forest.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/huge-pot-bust-northern-calif-national-forest-214912475.html

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Just think of what would happen if someone were to not heed the words of Smokey Bear. The entire state would of wound up high.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Meh, how long until I feel the effects of this in Florida =(

Good to see our tax dollars going to good use though !

:angry:

kristie

Reaction score
tupperware;4023529 said:
Just think of what would happen if someone were to not heed the words of Smokey Bear. The entire state would of wound up high.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tupperware;4023529 said:

It already is :laugh2:

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
1500 whole pounds? Wow. I'd be impressed if the Mexican police in Jaurez hadn't just busted a warehouse with 50 metric tons of marijuana baled and ready to head over the border. 3096 killed last year and only 1300 or so murders this year directly tied to drug trafficking.

gmoney112

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4026188 said:
1500 whole pounds? Wow. I'd be impressed if the Mexican police in Jaurez hadn't just busted a warehouse with 50 metric tons of marijuana baled and ready to head over the border. 3096 killed last year and only 1300 or so murders this year directly tied to drug trafficking.

As a Texan, I'd rather be on patrol in the most dangerous provinces of Afghanistan than venture to Juarez. I've talked to several different Mexicans with families in border towns that have seen it up close and the stories are insane. The craziest story is a lady who was behind a car at a stoplight and when the light turned green the car didn't go. Instead of honking at them she just waited through another light and eventually just drove around them. When she pulled up alongside the car the guys that were driving the car asked her to roll down her window. When she did they threw $10,000 into her passenger seat and said they had a bet, if she didn't honk they were going to give her money, and if she had she was a dead woman in the middle of the intersection.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If they sell it, maybe it would help solve California's money problems. :laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The retired parents of a good friend spend 6 months a year in Mexico, they own a house there and they say a lot of the violence is over-hyped.

That a lot of it is just like living in any other big city, in that if you're mixed up in crime, there's certainly a chance something will happen to you but if you're just a normal person or family, it will probably not effect your day to day life.

Keep in mind they live in a gated community, for whatever that's worth. They don't live in the hood or anything.

I gotta say though, I found that hard to believe. The news would have you believe you can get shot walking down the street in broad daylight. I wouldn't want to risk it either way, not planning any vacations to Mexico anytime soon.

As far as Marijuana, personally, I feel it should be legalized. At the very least it should be up to the individual states to set their own laws and policies on it, and the Federal government should let them do so.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Alright there Woody.

That said, I'm moving to Tijuana where it's safe!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
tupperware;4023529 said:

Not unllike it is now...

Hmmmmmm...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4023644 said:

If they harvested and sold that crap, we could put a major dent in the deficit... :D

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4023644 said:

Hippie!!!!

-cartman

locked&loaded

Reaction score
sad day for pot smokers everywhere.

Why cant they just let us be happy with our forests of pot

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Glad to see this bust. This is our National Forest not a haven for drug dealers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;4026304 said:
The retired parents of a good friend spend 6 months a year in Mexico, they own a house there and they say a lot of the violence is over-hyped.

That a lot of it is just like living in any other big city, in that if you're mixed up in crime, there's certainly a chance something will happen to you but if you're just a normal person or family, it will probably not effect your day to day life.

Keep in mind they live in a gated community, for whatever that's worth. They don't live in the hood or anything.

I gotta say though, I found that hard to believe. The news would have you believe you can get shot walking down the street in broad daylight. I wouldn't want to risk it either way, not planning any vacations to Mexico anytime soon.

As far as Marijuana, personally, I feel it should be legalized. At the very least it should be up to the individual states to set their own laws and policies on it, and the Federal government should let them do so.

Over hyped? depends on what part of Mexico you live in.

The most dangerous city in Mexico -- Ciudad Juarez -- suffered one of its bloodiest stretches this year, finishing with 41 homicides in a four-day period

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Absolute waste of time, money and resources.

Good God enough already.

Grow it, tax it and sell it.

You make a ton of money selling it and save a ton by not fighting the losing Marijuana war.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4027178 said:
Absolute waste of time, money and resources.

Good God enough already.

Grow it, tax it and sell it.

You make a ton of money selling it and save a ton by not fighting the losing Marijuana war.

I have no problem with that as long as people are willing to be responsible for this own action and not having to depend on others to bail them out. We already have issues with people unable or unwilling to be accountable for their own actions.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4027276 said:
I have no problem with that as long as people are willing to be responsible for this own action and not having to depend on others to bail them out. We already have issues with people unable or unwilling to be accountable for their own actions.

Treat it the same as alcohol.