Huge pot bust in Northern Calif national forest

ethiostar

Reaction score
Rynie;4028366 said:
When I was in Amsterdam, I "drank coffee" anywhere I felt like it. Even normal bars. We'd get lost...then "drink coffee" on the street corner. Nobody said a single thing. just saying.

Maybe you wouldn't have gotten lost so much if you had drunk a little less coffee to begin with:D

urface59

Reaction score
How bout this synthetic fake **** that you can actually buy at most gas stations? k2 is what they usually call it. Supposedly it's got a very similar chemical make up as pot (except it's not natural and made in a freaking lab)... Oh and this this stuff has actually caused seizures many times, is not regulated, and hasn't had any studies done on it, yet its completely legal here in America. Bull crappy that is.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
urface59;4028455 said:
How bout this synthetic fake **** that you can actually buy at most gas stations? k2 is what they usually call it. Supposedly it's got a very similar chemical make up as pot (except it's not natural and made in a freaking lab)... Oh and this this stuff has actually caused seizures many times, is not regulated, and hasn't had any studies done on it, yet its completely legal here in America. Bull crappy that is.

That is crappy. Because it really isn't good for people to smoke potporri and now the legal stuff is actually bad whereas the illegal not so much.

I have Chron's and I find drinking coffee during spells to be a great relief.

Such a dumb country we live in sometimes.

Go puff some superglue laced potporri, but you can't have the real stuff, which is less toxic than aspirin. Fact.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4027790 said:
and people that don't live on weed will rather spend the $479 so its legal.

I remember reading somewhere if Weed was legalized it would balance the budget in 6 states and lower the deficit massively in every one. Jobs increased in sales, farming, marketing, everything. It'd be a huge boom for the economy, and the effect it'll have on other countries psotively due to less drug wars aswell, with less weed fueling other drugs it'll rise prices on other drugs.. Keep them out of hands of kids and addicts that can't afford it.

and that article did not account for saved money on law enforcement, it's probably more like 9, 10 states budgets BALANCED just by legalized weed. I've never once smoked the reefa, but I fully support it's legalization. Republican, Democrat, Communist or Facist you should support a balanced budget and job creation.

Yeah there are many things said by those who are just interested in getting high. Look I'm not opposed to it being legal but if you think that drug crime will disappear then you’re kidding yourself. Guns a legal yet there is a big black market on guns. There will be money to be made and if you think the Government is going to make it legal and then lower the price then you really are uninformed.

Something wrong when the Government becomes the new drug dealer in town.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4028328 said:
I see no better solution to get jobs growing in the economy immediately, I see no negative effects to legalizing it, anyone who wants weed now can find it within moments, online you can go on one of the dozens of popular weed forums and find a local dealer within minutes.

This isn't like the mental new coliseum being built here in Nassau that create 1,500 temp jobs for 400million, this will create millions of jobs and thousands of new business's and make the government money.

Anyone against it is just not using logic. It'll happen, just will take time for a politician willing to take the risk to get it done, and whoever that politician is will eventually be a presidential candidate based upon the success of it.

Anyone who is against it is not using logic? :laugh2: You mean your logic. There are positives I don’t doubt that but there are negatives as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no better solution to get jobs growing in the economy immediately, I see no negative effects to legalizing it
The innocence of youth.

Anyone against it is just not using logic.
No offense taken.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4027364 said:
These groups will still make money selling it. Say we make it legal what size tax do you think would be placed on it? Black market would still be very big and consumers who buy it illegal today would continue to buy it illegal if the given the price is vastly lower

That's my argument.

But then what you do is you arrest and prosecute those people for tax evasion, money laundering, etc. which would result in stiffer prison sentences than misdemeanor marijuana possession.

One way or another, people are still going to go to jail.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
By Mark Berman Opposing Views on May 29, 2011
If you like to travel to Amsterdam in order to smoke marijuana legally, you may want to book one final trip very soon -- pot will soon be banned for tourists.

According to a report in the New York Daily News, the Dutch government on Friday announced that by the end of the year, tourists will no longer be allowed to buy marijuana at Amsterdam's infamous "coffee shops," or even enter them.

The right wing government, which came into power last year, said it is making the move to fight crime and promote good health.

"In order to tackle the nuisance and criminality associated with coffee shops and drug trafficking, the open-door policy of coffee shops will end," Dutch health and justice ministers wrote in a letter to the country's parliament.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/no-more-marijuana-for-tourists-in-amsterdam

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol. I want to see how effective that ends up being. They will be just cutting into those coffee shop businesses cash flow, yet it definitely won't curb tourist from smoking dope in Amsterdam. It will just increase the criminal trafficking of weed to the tourist.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4028791 said:
Yeah there are many things said by those who are just interested in getting high. Look I'm not opposed to it being legal but if you think that drug crime will disappear then you’re kidding yourself. Guns a legal yet there is a big black market on guns. There will be money to be made and if you think the Government is going to make it legal and then lower the price then you really are uninformed.

Something wrong when the Government becomes the new drug dealer in town.

The gun analogy doesn't work. Guns are not legal for everyone. The black market in guns exists for the felons etc who cannot legally buy guns and for guns that nobody can buy from the local gun shop.

Decrimanilizing pot and allowing citizens to grow small quantities would effectively kill the black market. I agree that it would not work that well if the government felt it had to have total control and get thier cut via taxation but if the aim is to reduce crime and the resources used to combat the "problem" then decriminilization would work. The stuff is very easy to grow. Literally any idiot with a closet or a little patch of lawn can supply themselves for next to nothing.

The government is already the biggest drug dealer on the block.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4029012 said:
The gun analogy doesn't work. Guns are not legal for everyone. The black market in guns exists for the felons etc who cannot legally buy guns and for guns that nobody can buy from the local gun shop.

Decrimanilizing pot and allowing citizens to grow small quantities would effectively kill the black market. I agree that it would not work that well if the government felt it had to have total control and get thier cut via taxation but if the aim is to reduce crime and the resources used to combat the "problem" then decriminilization would work. The stuff is very easy to grow. Literally any idiot with a closet or a little patch of lawn can supply themselves for next to nothing.

The government is already the biggest drug dealer on the block.

Oh please you have cigarettes that are legal and tax out the *** and you think that they will make it legal and not make a killing in the process?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4029040 said:
Oh please you have cigarettes that are legal and tax out the *** and you think that they will make it legal and not make a killing in the process?

That's the entire point of making it legal. To get their hands in fining you for using it legally. It's about raising funds, and since innovation is gone, plumb the depths of nonsense and fleece people in that manner.

Let's face it, our society is big on addiction, whether it be plastic nonsense to play games on or things to stuff in it's mouth and this fact isn't lost on our government criminals.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
casmith07;4028972 said:
That's my argument.

But then what you do is you arrest and prosecute those people for tax evasion, money laundering, etc. which would result in stiffer prison sentences than misdemeanor marijuana possession.

One way or another, people are still going to go to jail.

How often do people evade taxes with alcohol? Sure legalizing wont have an immediate impact killing all the blackmarket, but it will devastate it. Less sales will cause prices to rise, and when you start talking about an insignifcant price difference, who would make the effort to get it illegally?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Thats the reason to make it legal. Cigarettes are a good point for why the blackmarket will eventually die.

Cigarettes in NYC/LI are over $10 a pack. In NJ its around 6, in PA its under 5. In indian reservation places on LI under 4. No one even drives 30 mins to save 6$ a pack, over a year thats thousands of dollars.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
vta;4029054 said:
That's the entire point of making it legal. To get their hands in fining you for using it legally. It's about raising funds, and since innovation is gone, plumb the depths of nonsense and fleece people in that manner.

Let's face it, our society is big on addiction, whether it be plastic nonsense to play games on or things to stuff in it's mouth and this fact isn't lost on our government criminals.

Sure but it is not going to stop others from illegally selling it, there will still be money that can be made and right now it is not a big deal to buy it illegally, kids do it all the time. I did it all the time in my younger days and did not give it a second thought.

As I mentioned in a post above the medical use comes at a cost over 17 bucks a gram, make it an oz and your talking $479. You may knock off some of the profit for the dealers but there will still be enough money that can be made

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Well I did put that big old IF in there.

In some states it has been decriminilized to the point that a small number of plants or amount or weed is not going to even get you a ticket. I can make a certain amount of beer or wine and not have the government in my pocket. Other than sales tax on supplies etc. The same concept could be applied to pot and since it is even easier to produce than beer or wine those that want to grow are good to go and those that want to buy it either pay the tax or pay the guy on the corner. Either way the price comes down. The enforcement costs go way down. The guys on the corner are fewer and farther between because most regular smokers are just going to grow a plant or two.

I know people still make moonshine. How many people buy their booze on the black market? I'd be interested to know if there even exists a significant black market in illegal booze.

Pot is easier to produce then booze.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4029062 said:
Thats the reason to make it legal. Cigarettes are a good point for why the blackmarket will eventually die.

Cigarettes in NYC/LI are over $10 a pack. In NJ its around 6, in PA its under 5. In indian reservation places on LI under 4. No one even drives 30 mins to save 6$ a pack, over a year thats thousands of dollars.

I used to pay $2 a carton on the base. :laugh2:

That was back in the mid to early 90s. I haven't smoked since Oct 2000.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4029074 said:
Sure but it is not going to stop others from illegally selling it, there will still be money that can be made and right now it is not a big deal to buy it illegally, kids do it all the time. I did it all the time in my younger days and did not give it a second thought.

As I mentioned in a post above the medical use comes at a cost over 17 bucks a gram, make it an oz and your talking $479. You may knock off some of the profit for the dealers but there will still be enough money that can be made

Do you have a link for this. I have met some medical dope smokers from Colorado and from California and this does not match with what they tell me.

The laws that allow medical MJ use are set at the state level.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Vtwin;4029084 said:
Do you have a link for this. I have met some medical dope smokers from Colorado and from California and this does not match with what they tell me.

The laws that allow medical MJ use are set at the state level.

Googling it says the "best" medical use is around $450 an oz while decent is around $200. Or about $40-$50 an eighth.