HUMOR: Put a "name" to Garrett's offense.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2473861 said:
The NFL has the "West Coast Offense", the "Run and Shoot", etc., as named offenses. Ours is a supposed version of the "Timing Offense", but Garrett has added such a level of ineffectiveness to his offense that it deserves its own name.

So, what would you name it?

"MORE is LESS"

"Less Coast Offense"

:banghead:

MrMom

Reaction score
theebs;2473927 said:
its not my fault you dont understand what your looking at when you watch a football game.

My only reccomendation is to watch more football. As much as you can. At some point you will start to get what is happening and start to get the feel of a game.

and as for your comment on playoff atmosphere and not playing good offense, We seemed to play pretty well against green bay last year. The offense was tremendous.

I will just let you yell at me for not understanding and having this great insight that you have on what the offense was trying to do.

Bro, it's obvious Garrett has no feel for tempo with this offense. He rarely gets us in a comfortable groove. Even when the offense is running on all cylinders it's got moreso to do with Romo's ability to extend plays and make the big throws downfield. This was very obvious this season when Romo went down, and Garrett was unable to produce anything out of our backups.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The blown opportunites offense.

The 30 yard bomb offense on 4th and 2.

The hand off to Crickett offense on 4th and inches.

Look at the push Davis had. If Choice sees that, he gets it. Choice has the instincts, not the fullback. If he doesn't get it, you get second guessed, becasue the best runner didn't get the ball.

The offense that couldn't generate 3 points on those two posessions offense.

That is where the game was truely lost.

The pick six offense.

(Two words... over time) Never gave us a chance offense after tie game.

The interception/fumble offense.

The four turn over offense while your defense is dominating the game.

The offense where big time receivers get blanked this year.

The offense where Bennett, Crayton, T.O. and Roy Williams don't get the ball more offense. Most teams have one or two guys, and they still get the ball. ?

The over rated, high priced offense.

The can't get six yards offense after the goalline stand, so the punter has more room offense. Good bye goalline stand.

The terrible game management offense.

How about the not so special teams.

The 25 hopper kick down the middle where no one is even close to Holmes speical teams. Good bye goalline stand. Good bye contol of the game.

The can't get away from the ball when you should know the wind is going to kill it coverage unit.. Plus, they can't block anyway. Why even try?

The we will play very good and spring a huge leak special teams.

I'm sorry. I'm upset. That game was probably our season, and the defense has to be demoralized. I am.

MrMom

Reaction score
theebs;2473879 said:
I would call it.

The offense that took it to Jim Johnsons efense twice.

the offense that was good enough to beat monte kiffins without the qb.

the offense that whipped and confused gregg williams defense the first time they played.

the offense that dismantled lovie smiths top rated unit on the road.

the offense that whipped steve spagnualo's unit twice last year.

and finally the offense that had dick lebeau's unit confused and left chasing our players. the field position and wind really hurt them in the end.

Should I keep going. cause the coaching and play calling was fine.

There were a bunch of times when this didn't apply to Yesterday's game, but are you seriously gonna tell me you were okay with how he handled our 3rd and 2's in two down territory?

The first series he pitches it out to T.O. for a one yard game, and then follows it up with a run to freaking Deon Anderson, while he motions Choice out to WR. Wow. Turnover on downs.

Our next 3rd and 2 and he dials up a shotgun formation - Incomplete pass to T.O. 4th and 2 shotgun formation - Incomplete pass to T.O.

Not one run to Choice in those short yardage situations. Garrett, once again, outsmarts himself.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
MrMom;2473963 said:
Bro, it's obvious Garrett has no feel for tempo with this offense. He rarely gets us in a comfortable groove. Even when the offense is running on all cylinders it's got moreso to do with Romo's ability to extend plays and make the big throws downfield. This was very obvious this season when Romo went down, and Garrett was unable to produce anything out of our backups.

you are comparing quarterback play with the actual play called.

We dont know what plays are called and how they are then executed.

What we as fans do is react to where the qb throws the ball or where the running back gets tackled.

to me, seeing this offense in person all the time and seeing the whole field, I think Garrett is very good at what he does. He cant control the effort of a few players or the decisions that are made.

I just hope they can put it together this week. because a big time offensive performance against the giants could make a huge statement and give this team a huge lift.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
MrMom;2473966 said:
There were a bunch of times when this didn't apply to Yesterday's game, but are you seriously gonna tell me you were okay with how he handled our 3rd and 2's in two down territory?

The first series he pitches it out to T.O. for a one yard game, and then follows it up with a run to freaking Deon Anderson, while he motions Choice out to WR. Wow. Turnover on downs.

Our next 3rd and 2 and he dials up a shotgun formation - Incomplete pass to T.O. 4th and 2 shotgun formation - Incomplete pass to T.O.

Not one run to Choice in those short yardage situations. Garrett, once again, outsmarts himself.

I have a problem with owens having the ball in his hands behind the line of scrimmage anytime. He does not play with the power that equals the size of his body. Had he run with force and made them take him down (like the way crayton did against seattle fighting for the extra yard) he would have gained the first down on his play. but he doesnt play like that. He goes down at first contact. So yes I have a problem with that, the problem being owens doesnt go forward in those positions so i think they should stop giving him the ball, but the play design worked and it should have been a first down.

onto the 4th down. I dont have any problem with that play at all.
they were running a dive out of an I-Formation, they were trying to run that up in the A gap behind gurode and between davis. they motioned out choice, I believe to try and get one of the linebackers or polamalu to go with him, at least a step or two to the offenses right hoping that would open a small crease for anderson to dive through.

And what happens, the line does a great job, but jason witten blows his block on harrison and he makes the play.

So again, the play call and design is there, the execution is not, to me at least.

utrunner07

Reaction score
theebs;2473879 said:
I would call it.

The offense that took it to Jim Johnsons efense twice.

the offense that was good enough to beat monte kiffins without the qb.

the offense that whipped and confused gregg williams defense the first time they played.

the offense that dismantled lovie smiths top rated unit on the road.

the offense that whipped steve spagnualo's unit twice last year.

and finally the offense that had dick lebeau's unit confused and left chasing our players. the field position and wind really hurt them in the end.

Should I keep going. cause the coaching and play calling was fine.
:rolleyes: how about an offense that chokes in big games.

Reaction score
I call better plays for my sons Pee Wee team ......

Too conservative, poor playcalling and Turnover Tony leading the puppet show.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Personally, i think the "Chuck 'n Suck" is pretty good.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
MrMom;2473963 said:

Exactly! Good observation wit that comment. If anything Romo has been elevating Garrett's game (i.e. making up for Garrett's putrid play calling with some good improvisiong). But when Romo does not do that, and has an off-day the rest of the offense shuts down to a stop and looks EXACTLY like it did with Brad Johnson running it.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
How about October's Abberation? or

The False Start Fade

Down and Out (That's 3 downs and out)

Red's Rescue (we need an SOS)

W.O.W (Without Win)

The Jammed Toe and Throw

Roy E's Plea

Romo's Ut Oh

Tony's Pinky and Miss Stinky

No huddle fuddle

The Hibernation Formation

I coud go on and on, but the playclock is running out and I don't have any time outs left......

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Or how about "Migratory Bird" Offense.

It goes south for the winter.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
DIAF;2474157 said:
Or how about "Migratory Bird" Offense.

It goes south for the winter.

I think we're close to a winner. I wolud slightly revise that to the "Lame Duck Offense".

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Thanks, i'll be here all week.

Try the veal, remember to tip your server!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can I get a pm re: my deleted post? Not complaining, just want to stay w/in rules and thort I was being clever, but not offensive.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
DIAF;2474169 said:
Thanks, i'll be here all week.

Try the veal, remember to tip your server!

Veal? You mean we're out of lame duck? Then please call Jason Garrett so he can bring us some more. I'm hungry! :D