Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

Kaiser

Reaction score
How many were catch-able?

If he caught all 17 he would be tied for 74th in the league in catches - and he still wouldn't have enough production to justify running his mouth.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My question is if the WR knows it is the worse play call vs that coverage why doesn't our 3rd year QB see it and check to something else?

Because he learned to be a QB from a bunch of idiots that don't understand offensive football.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Just to let you know, McVay wanted to punt on 4th down. He got talked into by his players and a timeout by Carroll.

The Rams were also at their OWN 42, and there was only 1:39 left. Seahawks had no timeouts. It was going to be extremely difficult for them if they did punt.

Do you think any of our players lobbied to Garrett to go for it? If not, it says a lot about them. If so, he should have listened.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hurns needs to STHU, learn his audibles and run them correctly!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is one of the miscommunications between Dak &amp; Allen Hurns. After scanning the defense, Dak changes the play &amp; expects Hurns to run some type of a quick-hitting route (slant would be my best guess) but Hurns runs a fade, forcing Dak to hold the ball &amp; get crushed as he throws <a href="https://t.co/rDMmpLkpJb">pic.twitter.com/rDMmpLkpJb</a></p>&mdash; John Owning (@JohnOwning) <a href="">October 10, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Honestly Zordon, I don't need this guy to tell me what I see. I would just like to see him shut up and focus on doing his Job. I mean, I see what he's doing on the field and he's not really being part of the solution here. Too many people talking, not enough people trying to do their part and just play better, is I guess where I'm coming from on this.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see how this does anything but make things worse. JMO
Thing is, according to the video he and the other WRs are getting 'NFL open'. Outside of waving his hand that he is open he can't do his job that much better. If you want him to just play his best and be quiet... okay. But he is not the problem and outside of being quiet how can he be a solution? I like Dak because I felt he was a game manager compared to Romos gunslinger ability. However, when I think of game managers I think of guys who are low risk low reward. They'll get you 200yds great completion rate and 1TD a game no picks. Nevermind the deep stuff that is missed, it's the short passes that are off target or late that irritate me along with INTs. If he wants to dink/dunk that's cool and then when they sell out take a deep shot 3-4 times a game. Low yardage bad throws and TOs is unacceptable. He is not the only one to blame though. I dont blame Linehan, but I do blame Garrett overall and I also blame Jerry for allowing Moore to be the QB coach.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
The Rams were also at their OWN 42, and there was only 1:39 left. Seahawks had no timeouts. It was going to be extremely difficult for them if they did punt.

Do you think any of our players lobbied to Garrett to go for it? If not, it says a lot about them. If so, he should have listened.

Seahawks called the timeout that allowed the players to talk him out of it. Otherwise, Mcvay had his punt team on the field. Also, I don't think the players lobbied,because you saw nobody talking to Garrett when he called for the punt.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thing is, according to the video he and the other WRs are getting 'NFL open'. Outside of waving his hand that he is open he can't do his job that much better. If you want him to just play his best and be quiet... okay. But he is not the problem and outside of being quiet how can he be a solution? I like Dak because I felt he was a game manager compared to Romos gunslinger ability. However, when I think of game managers I think of guys who are low risk low reward. They'll get you 200yds great completion rate and 1TD a game no picks. Nevermind the deep stuff that is missed, it's the short passes that are off target or late that irritate me along with INTs. If he wants to dink/dunk that's cool and then when they sell out take a deep shot 3-4 times a game. Low yardage bad throws and TOs is unacceptable. He is not the only one to blame though. I dont blame Linehan, but I do blame Garrett overall and I also blame Jerry for allowing Moore to be the QB coach.

I give up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez had a remaining cap hit of 8 Million for two prorated years of his 20MM bonus over a 5 year contract. That cap hit will be taken no matter what once the ink is dry on the contract, its only a question of when.

Dez had salaries of 12MM for 2018 and also 2019. The Cowboys cut him so they didn't pay him, which is called "saving money".

And he gets paid 8 million per his signing bonu, aka dead money. So it’s not saving money, they are still paying 8 million to Dez anyways. Yeah, when the ink dries they have more cap room, but guess what, the check is still paid out to Dez for sitting on his couch.

And everybody, including coaches, are blaming the WRs that aren’t named Dez.

And again, the real issue is Dak also called out Dez for his garbage throw, for a garbage throw he’s been making regularly even with Dez. How many WRs are you going to blame? It’s a consistent pattern of his, throwing behind his WRs and balls end up getting tipped and right into the hands of DBs. Whether it’s Dez or Thompson or anybody else, It’s the same.

What’s even more comical is nobody even threatening Dak and he was like 7 feet from Dez and Dez, as any WR would do, would expect a ball placed in front of him or at least at him, and dude throws a laser pass behind Dez on a short dump off.

Last edited: