Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I find it amusing that some of you think that every single WR on this team suddenly sucked, or sucks now. Amazing, it really is. Usually the ones who are constantly placing blame on every single WR is a huge supporter of this QB.

Hilarious

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Wait, don't you remember? Dez is all washed up. Can't play anymore...Dallas is "fine" with the WR's they have...:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yep!!! That’s all we heard once Dez was cut from our resident Dak guys. Now the narrative has changed to protect their guy.

Big_D

Reaction score
I find it amusing that some of you think that every single WR on this team suddenly sucked, or sucks now. Amazing, it really is. Usually the ones who are constantly placing blame on every single WR is a huge supporter of this QB.

Hilarious

In a passing league when your QB has only 4 300 yard games in 38 starts you have a problem that runs deeper than your receivers.

khiladi

Reaction score
I commented on the 2017 quote, he threw a pass that went through Dez's hands for a pick and then said "I have to throw a better ball", its a reach to say that is rant against Dez.

And Dez wasn't paid 8 Million this year, that is the cap charge for bonuses that accelerated when he was cut. There were zero dollars going from the Cowboys to Dez this year and they saved 20 Million in cap space.

No, he threw it behind Dez, going full speed, not leading him, like he has a tendency too and happened to mention that, while ignoring the fact that he threw a wild pass the very next play that was returned for a TD.

Of course it is... he could have said, “my play was garbage and I was inaccurate that game as was evidenced in the fact I sailed it over Zeke leading to an INT and defensive TD..”

Dez got 8 million on DEAD money. Cutting him cleared up 8.5 million on cap space but he was still owed 8 million. Not sure how you say they saved money, when they had to pay him regardless and then they had to add some more WRs.

Even Aikman said the throw was garbage and he’s been doing this all year and against Seattle this year. Amazing with all this, Dez never once threw Dak under the bus.

Last edited:

wileedog

Reaction score
Allen Hurns was a heck of a player before he came to Dallas.

Now he's just not good.

In Jacksonville you could line him up all over the field. He was a great slot player.
Jax let him go because he couldn't stay healthy. Never had a problem with his production.

Heck the guy had a 1000 yard season with Blake flippin' Bortles.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

Hilarious

I am in no means a huge supporter of Dak. He is average as well. Possibly get better with better coaching, better O-line play and WR's worth a damn. Beasely is still Beasely.. Gallup is a rook. T-Williams is MIA. .. It isn't " suddenly sucked".. It's the fact that no WR is making many plays in the games. Not one of them. The new guys haven't done JACK... Beasely is the best WR on the team. Great, the 1st or 2nd shortest WR on the team is a guy that has been great in the slot..Perfect. Everything is solved. SuperBowl, here we come.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dez got 8 million on DEAD money. Cutting him cleared up 8.5 million on cap space but he was still owed 8 million. Not sure how you say they saved money, when they had to pay him regardless and then they had to add some more WRs.

Dez had a remaining cap hit of 8 Million for two prorated years of his 20MM bonus over a 5 year contract. That cap hit will be taken no matter what once the ink is dry on the contract, its only a question of when.

Dez had salaries of 12MM for 2018 and also 2019. The Cowboys cut him so they didn't pay him, which is called "saving money".

birdwells1

Reaction score
Dak was responding to a question on a specific play where the ball actually did go through Dez's hands for an INT. That comment is actually trying to deflect blame from Dez, not add to it.

Huh? That makes no sense.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Dak was responding to a question on a specific play where the ball actually did go through Dez's hands for an INT. That comment is actually trying to deflect blame from Dez, not add to it.
Not the way I hear it. I think that’s mild sarcasm from Dak.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I commented on the 2017 quote, he threw a pass that went through Dez's hands for a pick and then said "I have to throw a better ball", its a reach to say that is rant against Dez.

And Dez wasn't paid 8 Million this year, that is the cap charge for bonuses that accelerated when he was cut. There were zero dollars going from the Cowboys to Dez this year and they saved 20 Million in cap space.

Might as we not pay him, with Dak qbing you would get production out of a lineup that included AB, Evans and Hopkins.

BRoni

Reaction score
The only players that I even care about keeping on the offense right now is Zeke and a few O-lineman. We are in sad shape.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nothing like 8 receptions on 17 targets to make a guy feel his oats. Especially when he is on a make good contract and trying to rebuild his career.

And I really, really wanted Alshon Jeffrey two years ago.
How many were catch-able?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
And here is the play Hurns was complaining about. Where are the open receivers?

Plenty of time in the pocket, all he needs to do is a pump fake to his left, draw the safety off, then he has 2 guys to the right in 1 on 1 coverage.

I was a linebacker and could have made that play.