Hurts’ sneak play

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The league will likely ban the play this next off season.

I don't agree with that, but it looks like the majority want it banned so it likely will be.
Never going to happen. The rule allowing the ball carrier to be pushed by teammates has been around since 2006. Every team does it, just not in the same manner Philly does it on short yardage. The owners are not ”throwing out the baby with the dishwater”. It will not be banned and likely will be expanded to being able to pull the ball carrier, which is prohibited now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Why hasn’t someone broken his fingers or ripped his throat out during this play? It would be an acceptable outcome inside the game and waiting for it to happen.
That's kind of ridiculous. If the league started headhunting nobody would be having a QB for very long including us. Teams could start doing a better job with talent to stop the quarterback sneak.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
That's kind of ridiculous. If the league started headhunting nobody would be having a QB for very long including us. Teams could start doing a better job with talent to stop the quarterback sneak.
What I don't get is someone tried it today and failed. 4 teams tried it week 1 and went 0-4. It's not unstoppable, the Eagles just are on that play.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Every team can use it. I'm one of those that thinks teams need to figure out how to stop it.

JayFord

Reaction score
because what youre asking for just wont happen...

the play works because Hurts squats 600+ pounds and has people pushing him

DZSierra

Reaction score

I don't agree with that, but it looks like the majority want it banned so it likely will be.
Someone mentioned it on this thread, and I pointed it out in another. You ban the push play for short yardarge, you're on a slippery slope per allowing the pushing of your teamate for additional yardage.

The simple solution is to make pushing your teamate forward for additional yardage illegal. Then the play would become nothing more than a QB sneak. That said, as we all know, the NFL is about making money, and you can throw common sense out the window when it comes to rules because the NFL can do anything they want when it comes to their game.

Anyway you cut it, there has to be some tecnique with Hurts in that position because if you think about it, you line up in that formation, everyone knows whats coming, and yet they still seem to make the play successful. Why put your supposedly most valuable asset in that position and why not replace the QB with a RB or FB for that one play?

sarge1116

Reaction score

And if a team is excellent on another play, do they ban that too? Where would it stop?....nfl won't ban it. No other reason than the eagles are good at it.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Why hasn’t someone broken his fingers or ripped his throat out during this play? It would be an acceptable outcome inside the game and waiting for it to happen.
Murder the guy? Lol, that’s a little extreme.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
And if a team is excellent on another play, do they ban that too? Where would it stop?....nfl won't ban it. No other reason than the eagles are good at it.
Didn’t Brady use to run something similar?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Someone mentioned it on this thread, and I pointed it out in another. You ban the push play for short yardarge, you're on a slippery slope per allowing the pushing of your teamate for additional yardage.

The simple solution is to make pushing your teamate forward for additional yardage illegal. Then the play would become nothing more than a QB sneak. That said, as we all know, the NFL is about making money, and you can throw common sense out the window when it comes to rules because the NFL can do anything they want when it comes to their game.

Anyway you cut it, there has to be some tecnique with Hurts in that position because if you think about it, you line up in that formation, everyone knows whats coming, and yet they still seem to make the play successful. Why put your supposedly most valuable asset in that position and why not replace the QB with a RB or FB for that one play?
When anybody, other than Hurts runs it, the success rate seems to plummet. Even Minshew failed running it against us last year.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I didn't have the sound on.....so I don't know what they classified the penalty as....but it was a pre-snap penalty on the L Guard's alignment. So basically a formation/some type of offensive offsides, or something...b4 the play even happened....proof that the refs don't just let the eagles do whatever they want on The Push.

But I should probably leave....this place is too tough for me..... giggling? Uncle! Uncle!
The left guard was too far forward… Technically it was a penalty. The funny thing is that the DT was even more forward. His freaking hand was touching the ball lol …that was a pretty poorly officiated game.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Because the minute someone tries that they’re getting their knee blown apart on the next play.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The left guard was too far forward… Technically it was a penalty. The funny thing is that the DT was even more forward. His freaking hand was touching the ball lol …that was a pretty poorly officiated game.
Agree. The refs are like OLinemen: if you're talking about them....it's usually because they didn't do a great job.

Not as bad as the Jets Chiefs game though