Hurts’ sneak play

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
What I don't get is someone tried it today and failed. 4 teams tried it week 1 and went 0-4. It's not unstoppable, the Eagles just are on that play.
It doesn't hurt that Hurts was a power lifter that squats 600 pounds. Anyway we were successful doing it last night. It's not automatic. Without Hurts the Eagles wouldnt be good at the QB sneak either.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Why don't you agree with it?
I see nothing wrong with it. It's just another play. Some teams can execute it well, others can't. Brady never needed the push, but he was very good at the quick to the line QB sneak on short yardage

I think teams with "smaller" QBs avoid it. Hurts is fairly strong. I would look out for injuries to the hands/arms/eyes/etc

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it. It's just another play. Some teams can execute it well, others can't. Brady never needed the push, but he was very good at the quick to the line QB sneak on short yardage

I think teams with "smaller" QBs avoid it. Hurts is fairly strong. I would look out for injuries to the hands/arms/eyes/etc
It’s will be banned when someone gets a neck injury that causes temp paralysis

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's like any other play, teams will learn how to handle it. Just like the wildcat, the option play and so forth. Bob Hayes could literally run past every other player in the league, so the zone defense was developed and after that Hayes wasn't quite as effective.

No need to start banning things, the league will take care of it....

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
It's like any other play, teams will learn how to handle it. Just like the wildcat, the option play and so forth. Bob Hayes could literally run past every other player in the league, so the zone defense was developed and after that Hayes wasn't quite as effective.

No need to start banning things, the league will take care of it....
Exactly. Just cause Philly is unstoppable at it shouldn't be a reason. Dallas tried it Monday night and got stopped.