Hurts' 14-game winning streak vs winning teams

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
14 straight wins over winning teams is not luck or the refs. Sure they have definitely helped but in the bills game you saw the simple FACT that when it counts the birds make FEWER MISTAKES and MORE PLAYS.
That ain't luck or the refs
No, but those non PI calls forcing the Bills to punt or settle for a FG attempt, goes a long ways to allow the Eagles those opportunities to drive and score to tie or win.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No, but those non PI calls forcing the Bills to punt or settle for a FG attempt, goes a long ways to allow the Eagles those opportunities to drive and score to tie or win.
BUT in the end they do it.
No matter how many here refuse to see it

Brooksey

Reaction score
NFL record in the regular season.

The dude is cool under pressure. And the Eagles aren't that great overall, so it's not just because he plays for a juggernaut.

I didn't think he'd be a good pro. He continues to prove that he is.

Winners win. Losers whine about the refs.

But I don't think he beats the 49ers this week.
Those numbers will even out soon. They’re due for a losing streak. He’s not good enough

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles are a good team and Hurts' winning streak is impressive, but no one wins games in the NFL by himself. If Hurts was playing on the Giants for example, he would not have that streak.

The Eagles are a very good team. I don't think they are as strong this year as they were last, but they are a good team. I want to say the refs really helped the Eagles out last night, as they did against Miami and Dallas, but at the same time I think they are a sleeping dog. Sure, they look like they are beatable this year, but then they come back and win. Yes, they are getting breaks from other teams, like dropped passes, but they do not make mistakes themselves very often.

Notice with the game on the line how the Eagles always seem to do what they have to to win? They drove with under 2 minutes to kick the game winning FG, then in OT they drove right down the field for the TD. That quality cannot be overlooked. When they turn it on, they just march down the field and score. Or the defense comes up with a stop. Or the FG kicker kicks a 59 yard FG in the wind and rain to tie the score. The team we see now may just be coasting to the playoffs. It would not shock me if when they get there they blow everyone out. But is is not Hurts alone.

At the start of the game the Bills were getting pressure on Hurts and he was throwing the ball away. But on the scoring drives, the Bills didn't get near him. He had all day to throw. Nothing against Hurts, but when he faces pressure he struggles like any other QB. I have a feeling if Kelce retires this year we will see a different Hurts next year.

The QB gets the credit when a team wins or the blame when the team loses. But I think the Eagles win not because of Hurts, let's face it. He has made his fair share of mistakes this year and they have overcome them. If anything, I think their offense underperforms considering their OL, WRs, and RBs.

GMO415

Reaction score

The dude is cool under pressure. And the Eagles aren't that great overall, so it's not just because he plays for a juggernaut.

F the iggles. Don't understand why people in this forum are obsessed with them

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just something about that team, that city or something! They always come back strong. When they're down, I never get happy because I know they're going to come back
A lot of leadership in that locker room (led by Kelch, Cox, Graham, and Lane Johnson) ...........Hurts is as mature and cool as any young QB I have seen over the last 20 years. His maturity reminds me of Troy Aikman.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny I watched 3 straight weeks of the Cowboys leaving points on the field, Bills and Chiefs. Officiating was trash in all 3 games and Bills and Chiefs had game winning touchdowns and dropped them….

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A lot of leadership in that locker room (led by Kelch, Cox, Graham, and Lane Johnson) ...........Hurts is as mature and cool as any young QB I have seen over the last 20 years. His maturity reminds me of Troy Aikman.
It's unreal!!!!! It's great to be a leader, but when you go out and win games, never mind!!!! Uhhhhhh

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Once again the Eagles get to play at home. I'd call the game a toss up...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s funny I watched 3 straight weeks of the Cowboys leaving points on the field, Bills and Chiefs. Officiating was trash in all 3 games and Bills and Chiefs had game winning touchdowns and dropped them….
We left points on the field, and we won the game and you're seriously complaining?? I just don't get why fans are never happy, what more can we do (in my marathon voice!)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here you go...

Screenshot-20231005-175501-Gallery.jpg

For all of that Eagals rump kissing.
Haha great post..