Hurts' salary numbers over the 4 years

75boyz

Reaction score
My only guess would be an astronomical signing bonus. I think Dak's was 66 mil plus his 9 mil base, so that he made 75 mil that first yr of his extension.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
My only guess would be an astronomical signing bonus. I think Dak's was 66 mil plus his 9 mil base, so that he made 75 mil that first yr of his extension.
No. This is dumb. He's under contract for two seasons beyond that. Those will be huge cap numbers but he'll likely get a new deal after those 4 years

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If it is a huge signing bonus, that still gets split over the number of years. Hard to imagine how the hits can be so low given the total numbers. Will be interesting to see the whole thing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How is this possible? Please answer.......anyone (lol)

It's all about the guarantees for the players. He has $179 million guaranteed which is the number to watch. The first four years of his contract total around $72 million, all guaranteed. The amount he receives at signing is $110 million, but considering that his total this next year is $6 million, I'm going to assume his signing bonus isn't more than $5 million per year. That's $35 million (over seven), which would be $15 million more added to his guaranteed totals for four years, putting him at $87 million. That leaves $92 million in guarantees. My guess would be that his salary in years 5 and 6 are also guaranteed and cover that along with the prorated signing bonus and possible guaranteed roster bonuses, so Philly will have every incentive to redo his deal after four years because of the guaranteed money. They can't cut him because the guarantees are too much, so they've hitched their wagon to him and can only restructure to bring down the cost in the last three years, guaranteeing him more than the $92 million he has left in guarantees.

It really isn't all the different than what we are doing with Dak, except they have a longer window. We pushed some of Dak's money forward this year with a simple restructure and next year, we'll do an extension rather than pay him $59 million, turning a lot of his $29 million in base into bonus.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Signing bonus vs cap number please explain
Coogi it is all "Cap Math" there are a lot of loopholes, and manipulations that go on in big deals like this.
The longer the contract the better it is for the team, as they can move $ to back end, and then either extend or deal with it.

Jones boys wanted dak to take a 6 year deal last time, but dak was greedy and wanted a 4 year deal so he could then get a raise
with the 2nd contract. His deal was not team friendly at all with the length of contract.

mahomes contract was 10 years, so they can do a lot of manipulation, very team friendly.

As you can see , Hurts cap hits will be cheap, so they can spend $ the next 4 years on the players around hurts.
They want to take advantage of the current team and window, and get some rings. I suspect hurt wants to win
more than make a few extra millions, unlike our greedy diva.

The eagles are now all in on hurts, and in winning the nfc for the next 3 years at least, only question is can they beat KC in SB? and
maybe they get lucky and KC doesnt win the afc.

Sydla

Reaction score
So they pay him 200 million the last 2 years?
No, there likely are two more dummy years after the initial 5 year deal. They carry no base salary but are just years created to dump cap hits. Philly does this a lot. So it's really likely $200 million over 4 years.

PS - I'll wait to see the actual numbers that show up eventually on Spotrac and Over the Cap. Schefter could have the numbers wrong.