Hypothetically Dak has a great season

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dak ain't greedy, he's just doing what every player is trying to do: get the most out of his short career financially. And I don't blame him for that.

And Jerry should just keep mouth shut about any of the contract negotiations. Demanding info from a fans perspective is understandable but still unrealistic.

Let them do whatever they wanna do without commenting on it. That's the way I'd like to see my FO. That's how I could believe that they know what they're doing at least once in a while. And if they come out and surprisingly don't extend Dak, hey, all the better.

So, this thread is just nonsense. With nothing else to talk about not unexpected though.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys always over estimate what they have. Every mediocre dude who puts on that star is elevated to super star status and that is what you have with Dak. The never ending quest to be proven right which overrides what you are watching in front of you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They could get rid of Wentz because they knew they had a viable option to play quarterback. They got rid of the head coach that won their only Super Bowl at the same time as Wentz because they perceived him as part of the problem. Pederson and Wentz are still employed elsewhere in the NFL. Philly made significant changes in an effort to win another Super Bowl. They haven’t, but they do keep trying. Cowboys need a viable option to Prescott. Should move on from their head coach even though he once won a Super Bowl. I think Cowboys fans would appreciate the team’s willingness to move on when things don’t seem to be working.
Yeah but it’s also worth noting they got rid of Andy Reid arguably the best coach in the game. It goes both ways.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak is going to have a really tough time putting up anywhere near the numbers he did last year. This schedule is much tougher defensively than what he faced last year.
And if he does blow up and get us to the Super Bowl then this is a problem I would welcome. Debating if we should sign him after he chokes in the playoffs and doesn’t play well against good team is extremely annoying. Debating how much to pay him after he wins a Suoer Bowl would be a fun problem to have.

I’m rooting for him to take us to the next level because I want to go to the next level. My belief that he will/can take us to the next level is very low, extremely low. But I would welcome the surprise.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure I 100% agree, but there is some truth to this. I guess my struggle is that Dak clearly has the leverage at this point....like all of the leverage, but the Cowboys seem to want to downplay that idea which is probably my biggest concern in all this. They are only driving the price tag up as they did in 2020/2021 meanwhile Dak has a say in all this as well and may be at the end of his rope in terms of working with the Joneses.

If Jerry and the boys are determined to dump Chokota after this year , Dak has ZERO leverage . You act as if Dak is Mahomes and we better not lose him > Chokota is a choking middling QB who can heardly run, throws poorly and chokes when the lights get bright . Leverage ? lolz !! only for morons , and the Jones havent become billionaires by being Morons

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah but it’s also worth noting they got rid of Andy Reid arguably the best coach in the game. It goes both ways.
Yes. That team’s goal is to win Super Bowls. Reid didn’t do it with Philly, they moved on. Pederson did and then had a team in disarray, they moved on. The clown head coach they have now got to a Super Bowl, I’ll bet he’s gone after this season if he does not win the Super Bowl. It’s not failure Cowboys fans take issue with. The fans haven’t stopped being fans after 28 years of not “winning it all”. It’s the perceived lack of motivation to even try to win one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We choose to let him play it out this season on his current number. Are we really going to enter contract negotiations with him then? If we don't like his offer now, we're going to like it later??? Later it's going to be way more than it is now. I don't get the hold up, put this conversation out of its misery please. Come out and say "we've seen his agents numbers, it doesn't align with what we feel at the moment!" "If he gets us further in the playoffs/Superbowl, we will happily make him the highest paid QB ever!"
It is just an excuse, to keep CD on his 5th year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
And you’re all about Dak :rolleyes:
Well I'm on a mission to get rid of him in Dallas. Apparently Jerry seems to be listening. But I wouldn't put it past Jerry to sign him and add another 6 years of misery. Jerry has done so many dumb things since he fired Jimmy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well I'm on a mission to get rid of him in Dallas. Apparently Jerry seems to be listening. But I wouldn't put it past Jerry to sign him and add another 6 years of misery. Jerry has done so many dumb things since he fired Jimmy.
[/QUOTE]

:lmao: :lmao: You can do nothing.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Mountain you've been a fan for how many years, you HAVE to leave that little space in your head for Jerry to do the unthinkable!!! SURE he hasn't gotten us far as we could have been with the talent we've had around him, but we have Jerry Jones here, he's very emotional, and makes emotional moves! Dak comes out this season and in the first 3-5 games he throws for 4329 yards, that's enough to show Jerry that things have changed and will magically work out for the good of this team! lol
hahahaha you think Mountaineer is a fan???? hahahahahaha

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
He can’t win big games. He feasts on crap teams and pad stats and as soon as he meets true adversity he melts. He will occasionally play a game that bucks that trend but we all know who he is against tough competition , we’ve seen it over and over and over and over and over.
He’s literally tied for the worst win percentage for a QB in playoff history based on a minimum of 7 starts. He’s that bad in the actual clutch, he’s the anti Brady. This false notion he can get over the top is not based on any reality and simply based on pure emotion, he f’ing sucks in the playoffs. Get over it , move on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We choose to let him play it out this season on his current number. Are we really going to enter contract negotiations with him then? If we don't like his offer now, we're going to like it later??? Later it's going to be way more than it is now. I don't get the hold up, put this conversation out of its misery please. Come out and say "we've seen his agents numbers, it doesn't align with what we feel at the moment!" "If he gets us further in the playoffs/Superbowl, we will happily make him the highest paid QB ever!"
I expect the Cowboys to be paying top dollar if they pay Dak. Therefore, I expect to be paying for a champion QB. Currently, that's not Dak.