I’d trade for Stafford in a heart beat

blueblood70

Reaction score
What would you propose as a trade?
well im betting it would be Dak for stafford straight up if Dak approved on Tag the [layers has to approve a sign and trade type deal..doubt dak want to go to the lions, so that out,.,if we cant sign dak and he holds out we could offer a 3rd this year and 4th next to Detroit and get him..might be better option to Dalton for sure.i have this weird feeling, if tagged and no deal imminent, dak may hold out and not sign the tag

this is all spitballing not knowing where dak and the FO are on the contract negotiations. Like river did for Indy i bet Stafford could at least keep us playoff hopeful..look at our offense when healthy Stafford could make some noise..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s 33 but still more talented than dak. He has a top 4 arm. He’s locked up for two years. He’d make less than dak will make in one year. He’d fully utilize cooper and lamb. I hope Jerry does it. He’d upgrade and save money.

Glad you don’t own the team! You would be trading for a QB who’s going to be released, has a 70-90-1 QB record and has only 3 playoff appearances in 12 seasons with an 0-3 playoff record. You sound like a casual, armchair, beer guzzling fan.

bb721

Reaction score
Glad you don’t own the team! You would be trading for a QB who’s going to be released, has a 70-90-1 QB record and has only 3 playoff appearances in 12 seasons with an 0-3 playoff record. You sound like a casual, armchair, beer guzzling fan.

He’ll be traded, not released. Book it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If he got released I’d be ok with checking in on the price tag, but couldn’t justify giving up anything in a trade.

I do think their is an argument for a stafford signing if he comes cheaper than dak, then flipping dak for draft capital. My guess is their will be several bidders who run the price through the roof though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’ll be traded, not released. Book it.

It’s possible but it going to be hard trading a 33-year-old QB who everyone knows is going to be released. Trading for him guarantees acquiring him but with this supposedly being a strong QB draft I think most teams will wait for him to be released.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I don’t know what your avatar is drinking but I want some of that!!! I can’t even believe I responded to this question. Usually I like to answer as positively as possible but this time I’ll make an exception. You can’t be serious???

dckid

Reaction score
He’s 33 but still more talented than dak. He has a top 4 arm. He’s locked up for two years. He’d make less than dak will make in one year. He’d fully utilize cooper and lamb. I hope Jerry does it. He’d upgrade and save money.
It’s a no brained. Even a football idiot would agree with you. Signing Dak to a high money contract is a terrible plan. When building a football team you have to look at value. The last 5 years were an amazing value for Dak, the next five he will be the worst contract in the NFL.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
SA

Thats typical for QB from Detroit Why you think he wants out...

cern

Reaction score
Why would you think he'd be released? I don't see any way that happens. They'll find a trade partner.