I’d trade for Stafford in a heart beat

blueblood70

Reaction score
if you were the GM of the cowboys, we would have had 25 straight 3-13 seasons....
Not really you either have QB holding out and doesnt want to sign or play under tag who forces trade or sits or a player like Rivers ie Stafford to take you further then dalton..its hypothetical..

it could be realistic scenario but its just that...like i said no way dak approves trade to the lions, so that out. so the other options are realistic..

you might want to feel and believe daks worth 38-42mil ie new qb market but no way jerry feels that way or dak be signed by now..you have to have other options because starting Gilbert or Nooch in any game this coming season is a failure waiting to happen.

ill add Dalton as well although i believe hes good enough with healthy offense and improved to get us to 9-7 a wc berth but we need better and stafford is better IF dak doesnt play.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
its because they hate Dak and they manifest that to be trolls just to say something against Dak...

and yet, Stafford doesn't meet any of the measures they used to measure Dak, but there is a long list of excuses why its ok for Stafford to have failed, but not OK for Dak....in their eyes, Dak has to be Brady or Rodgers, anything less and he is not deserving....

Its not they hate DAK...they hate what DAK wants to get paid......40Mil vs 20Mil is a big difference..... especially when you are trying to fix the defense and CAP is expected to go down not up.... I dont think Dallas is in Staffords cards right now, teams like Washington, Carolina, and NE are better positioned for QB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s 33 but still more talented than dak. He has a top 4 arm. He’s locked up for two years. He’d make less than dak will make in one year. He’d fully utilize cooper and lamb. I hope Jerry does it. He’d upgrade and save money.
McCarthy said he wanted as many analytics people as he could get...but an entire college seems excessive...

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
he is 7-52 against teams with a winning record...a standard thrown around here all the time.
Don't ask about his playoff record, but I am sure excuses are coming.
His teams have under performed, but I am sure excuses are coming.
He is 33 and has been injury prone the past couple of yeras
He did have some talent around him offensively and couldn't get it done....

so based on every measure that's used he is not getting it done.....so why go for a 33 year old, now injury prone QB, with back problems that has never got it done?

Look at the coaches Stafford has dealt with, that says it all.....
Jim Schwartz20092013
Jim Caldwell 20142017
Matt Patricia20182020

Doomsday77

Reaction score
It’s funny how some fans seem to relish the idea of the Cowboys having a castoff who has a losing QB record and zero playoff wins as the teams starting QB. Many Cowboy fans were pulling for Andy Dalton to become our starter who won nothing in Cincinnati and now some are hoping we acquire Matt Stafford who won nothing in 12 seasons in Detroit. The hate for Dak here is unparalleled.
You do realize he is in the room right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not really you either have QB holding out and doesnt want to sign or play under tag who forces trade or sits or a player like Rivers ie Stafford to take you further then dalton..its hypothetical..

it could be realistic scenario but its just that...like i said no way dak approves trade to the lions, so that out. so the other options are realistic..

you might want to feel and believe daks worth 38-42mil ie new qb market but no way jerry feels that way or dak be signed by now..you have to have other options because starting Gilbert or Nooch in any game this coming season is a failure waiting to happen.

ill add Dalton as well although i believe hes good enough with healthy offense and improved to get us to 9-7 a wc berth but we need better and stafford is better IF dak doesnt play.
I see the numbers for Dak contract are creeping up again.... so let me ask you...is Mahomes contract really 50M per year?

and how do you know what jerry feels about Dak? although Jerry has said Dak is got all the leverage and he knows what he means to the team...

and I think Dalton is a 4-12 waiting to happen, healthy team or not....he showed that much this year...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They were lousy coaches, too. All but moore.
I am not so hot on Moore. and lets not forget Moore was a 1st year OC, with all of 1 year of coaching experience in total, getting to run the most important offensive coaching position on the team in 2019....and this year, he wasn't much better. he is making a lot of mistakes, learning as we go, much like garrett did.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Glad you don’t own the team! You would be trading for a QB who’s going to be released, has a 70-90-1 QB record and has only 3 playoff appearances in 12 seasons with an 0-3 playoff record. You sound like a casual, armchair, beer guzzling fan.

LLLOOOLLL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Its not they hate DAK...they hate what DAK wants to get paid......40Mil vs 20Mil is a big difference..... especially when you are trying to fix the defense and CAP is expected to go down not up.... I dont think Dallas is in Staffords cards right now, teams like Washington, Carolina, and NE are better positioned for QB.
I understand the cap numbers. the defensive issues are not contractual issues. its making a mistake on who we sign. this year alone we signed 4 players that didn't make it to mid season. for about the same money we could have kept Jones....and we keep making mistakes in draft....when was the last time we truly picked an impact player? people will say Diggs, but they are talking potential and we have talked potential for year. I am not bringing out the annointing oil just yet....and we can not, no team has successfully ever built any side of the ball through FA....and lets think about what you said...20M....that's one impact player on defense....how much impact? who is available that would be worth 20M or are you saying I don't want to slightly over pay for Dak, but I am willing to slightly over pay for defensive player, because that's what FA is....

the only way this team can get better is through better defensive drafts.....

I agree, Washington, NE are probably biggest suitors, but lets not forget Colts, Saints as well.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
he had some tools around him in the past and couldnt' get it done.....now, 33, injury prone with a back problem....!!! and you think he is going to be good?
I think he's always been an above-average QB with below-average coaching on average at best teams. Never really a dominate D. His best WRs were Megatron, and maybe Marvin Jones. Never had a legit RB

I don't want him in Dallas, but I'd like to see, even at his age and with his issues, what he could do with better surrounding cast & coaching; a glimpse of what could have been (NE maybe, SF maybe, TB if Brady retired, maaaybe ATL)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think he's always been an above-average QB with below-average coaching on average at best teams. Never really a dominate D. His best WRs were Megatron, and maybe Marvin Jones. Never had a legit RB

I don't want him in Dallas, but I'd like to see, even at his age and with his issues, what he could do with better surrounding cast & coaching; a glimpse of what could have been (NE maybe, SF maybe, TB if Brady retired, maaaybe ATL)
you just described the story of Dallas for the pat 25 years...a player here and there. sucky coaching for 25 years (except for parcells).

I don't think Brady will retire, but I think he will be much better fit in Indy...rivers retired and playing for Reich for a team ready to make run.....

perhaps SF, but is he that much better than Grapolo at this point of his career!?