I’m off the Dak bandwagon

TheHerd

Reaction score
Per over the cap, cutting Dak post June 6th is cap neutral. Meaning no cap hit other than the 34M he counts if he stays. But then we'd need a QB. We have to keep him, but draft or trade for another QB until we find one and can let Dak go. But the real move to make this off-season is to cut Dlaw and Cooper. That saves 39M this year but we carry 15M dead money next year. Seems worth it.

gmb1

Reaction score
Per over the cap, cutting Dak post June 6th is cap neutral. Meaning no cap hit other than the 34M he counts if he stays. But then we'd need a QB. We have to keep him, but draft or trade for another QB until we find one and can let Dak go. But the real move to make this off-season is to cut Dlaw and Cooper. That saves 39M this year but we carry 15M dead money next year. Seems worth it.
Maybe they can draft a QB this upcoming draft? But they also need OL help badly.

ICP

Reaction score
Same here, he's on a prove it deal as far as I'm concerned

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Look at Daks body language. What the hell happened to that confident dude that we had for the first half of the season. Looks like he turned into someone completely different. Looked like a what a rookie would look like.
Yup, skitish in the pocket, big drop in accuracy that KILLS drives cuz he keeps throwing ball behind guys or in the dirt.....the look on his face is totally flustered.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t have the vision to stretch the field. He literally needs to see a guy wide open to attempt the throw. Which causes him to always check down.

Guys like Brady, Mahomes, Wilson will throw the ball while the receiver isn’t even looking because they know what the route will be.

Dak just doesn’t have it.
New kids like Burrow and Herbert and Allen have it over Dak too. Hell, I'd take Cousins over him with this roster, bet he would do better today!

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Lol, trade him for used underwear and sign Arod and watch him win a Superbowl with this roster.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've played receiver and here's what I've noticed.

1st off he holds the offensive line a tad too long via his cadence and audibles. This causes unnecessary false starts.
2nd, he's afraid to make mistakes by nature. Won't take chances and he won't challenge down field unless he knows there's an offside, etc.
3rd - He's hesitant to challenge DBs, even if it's one on one.
4th - His arm is slightly above average
5th - He won't throw the ball on time. Just before the WR makes his break, he needs to let the ball go and trust the receiver to be there.
6th - He doesn't feel pressure wisely and when he does, he doesn't get rid of the ball/throw it away.
There are other issues I don't feel like getting into, but his ceiling is reached. It's time for at minimum some true competition at the QB position.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why blame Dak, this is Jerry’s mess. It is a culmination of Jerry’s vision and Jerry’s inability to manage the roster as well as manage the talent.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Lol, trade him for used underwear and sign Arod and watch him win a Superbowl with this roster.
Can't trade Dak this year because the trade team would have to take his contract, and absolutely no team would do that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Something happened after the Denver game

he has been awful since and the stats won’t tell a complete story

Yea it’s called being exposed and badly. Denver delivered the blueprint to deal with the Kellen Moore offense and Dak Prescott. Sorry but no one cal tell me that an Elite QB plays like that.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Can't trade Dak this year because the trade team would have to take his contract, and absolutely no team would do that.
Damn......It sucks, I just don't think we can win a SB with him, at some point his inconsistency will strike in the playoffs.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I say this only because I am a Cowboys fan and we have him for the next 3 seasons. So as a fan I will have to support him.

They will need a lot of help though and an awesome defense to help. And fix the OL.
I think this is the greatest miscommunication when it comes to almost all of the Dak arguments. There are very few people if any who don’t support Dak or want him to fail. We all support him because his success means success for our team. The criticism of his play has been getting harder to ignore and I feel people get confused believing people are rooting against him. Fans can point out his growing and glaring issues and hope for a better option in the future. Cheering for him as a super fan and insulting people who point it out only inflames arguments when there is less and less to defend him with rationally.

dckid

Reaction score
He played awful for 3 quarters and then had the nerve to call out the refs after the game

He was given two opportunities to win this game and failed on both.

Joe Burrow didn’t have much of a running game either and completely showed what Prescott isn’t….a great qb

Totally disheartening
Well of course. Burrow is a franchise guy. Dak is ~ to Kurt Cousins, functionally equivalent to Romo.
He just played scared, he doesn’t understand that you have to get rid of the ball quick.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Been off since 2017...What reinforced Dak's non-eliteness was watching Josh Allen destroy Bill Belichick and Tom Brady destroy the non-scrub Eagles Defense without 2 of his 3 starting WR's.
Allen was next level. Brady dinked and dunked very effectively, which everyone on here seems to hate for some reason. It worked ok for Tom today. I'd love to see Dak dink and dunk like that, but we don't run the short up tempo passing game.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The four games dak played before he got hurt last year. One against the rams (where he was average). One against the Seahawks where he threw two key ints. Then there were two against the falcons and browns. Both games his team was getting blown out in the fourth quarter and he led them back in garbage time. Yes one we came all the way back, but got extremely lucky against Atlanta.

The browns game. We scored points early, then as were were getting blown out his offense went to sleep. He is the same quarterback. Unless he's using his legs more he is not capable of winning for us.

Everyone blamed a historically bad defense on us being 1-3 last year with dak. Well now with him,. with a defense that has kept him in games. Denver, KC, Arizona, and now SF. He has failed to do anything to win us those games.