I’m off the Dak bandwagon

TX_Yid

Reaction score
He’s an above average QB. He’s capable of great games but just as likely to disappear on you. And against the good teams and great QBs you could save yourself a lot of heartburn and just put the game in the L category.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I've played receiver and here's what I've noticed.

1st off he holds the offensive line a tad too long via his cadence and audibles. This causes unnecessary false starts.
2nd, he's afraid to make mistakes by nature. Won't take chances and he won't challenge down field unless he knows there's an offside, etc.
3rd - He's hesitant to challenge DBs, even if it's one on one.
4th - His arm is slightly above average
5th - He won't throw the ball on time. Just before the WR makes his break, he needs to let the ball go and trust the receiver to be there.
6th - He doesn't feel pressure wisely and when he does, he doesn't get rid of the ball/throw it away.
There are other issues I don't feel like getting into, but his ceiling is reached. It's time for at minimum some true competition at the QB position.
Well of course. Burrow is a franchise guy. Dak is ~ to Kurt Cousins, functionally equivalent to Romo.
He just played scared, he doesn’t understand that you have to get rid of the ball quick.
I think Romo could take this roster to a SB......even though he wasn't perfect, I think he was a better passer than Dak. Romo made Dez an all pro, made Austin a pro bowler, got Laurent Robinson a contract and balled with Witten and TO. I bet with this offense and defense, he would be better than Dak. He didnt play scared....he threw pics here and there, but not the drop in accuracy that KILLS drives that Dak has when he plays scared like he did today.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think Romo could take this roster to a SB......even though he wasn't perfect, I think he was a better passer than Dak. Romo made Dez an all pro, made Austin a pro bowler, got Laurent Robinson a contract and balled with Witten and TO. I bet with this offense and defense, he would be better than Dak. He didnt play scared....he threw pics here and there, but not the drop in accuracy that KILLS drives that Dak has when he plays scared like he did today.
We need a 1st round QB, stop with all of these late round and undrafted QBs. Let's go with the most tried and true way to find a QB. 1st round.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Yeah this game made me realize he’s not the guy. In fact this game made me realize that until dallas finds a top 3 qb they won’t ever get back to the bowl let alone an nfc championship. Romo and dak are kinda the same. Likable, capable of great games, stat fillers and record breakers, but when the big game is on the line they can’t get it done. The teams that win superbowls, baring the occasional lightning in a bottle team, have great qbs. Until dallas gets a top 3 qb Itll be more of the same.

but yeah tonight was the night I realized dak won’t be able to ever get it done.

Last edited:

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
We need a 1st round QB, stop with all of these late round and undrafted QBs. Let's go with the most tried and true way to find a QB. 1st round.
Yeah, super rare to find a late rounder who plays good enough. We don't need an Arod if the roster is good enough and coached good enough (Nick Folk), but QB play like today won't do it.

Zman5

Reaction score
He's an above average QB and it's a myth he needs "elite" talent all around him to win. Like Jimmy Johnson, said just get him a run game and you can win with him.
I don't understand why they didn't go out get another RB early in the season when they knew Zeke was injured with a torn PCL.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Same ol Dak. Good against bad teams, struggles against good ones. Been his M.O. for a long time now. He’s an above-average QB getting paid like he’s the best one in the world. Depressing stuff.

Unfortunately we’re stuck with him for the next 3 years thanks to Jerry’s elite GM’ing and we’re gonna lose half our team to Free Agency thanks to he and Zeke eating up all our cap but it is what it is.

Grab a drink (preferably a strong one), sit back, and enjoy the (sh**) show.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Yeah, super rare to find a late rounder who plays good enough. We don't need an Arod if the roster is good enough and coached good enough (Nick Folk), but QB play like today won't do it.
I feel like we do need an arod. This team needs to be great on every level especially the qb level to win another superbowl. If we didn’t then dak And romo would have at least gotten us to a nfc championship.

look at when we won superbowls, we had arguably the best qb. Look at the teams that win superbowls and or get there. If you have the best qb its a pretty good bet youll be in it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He's an above average QB and it's a myth he needs "elite" talent all around him to win. Like Jimmy Johnson, said just get him a run game and you can win with him.
I don't understand why they didn't go out get another RB early in the season when they knew Zeke was injured with a torn PCL.
Been pounding the 3rd RB here since early april.

zerofill

Reaction score
He’s not a great QB. He’s average
He’s a company man so expect him to say all the right things. That is the one thing he learned from Garrett

The only right thing he could say is... "I suck at!" Those words come out of his mouth, I will have more respect for him being honest at least lol.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But but he puts up 5 TD's against a garbage teams backups. Only the elite can do that.

I mean do you think Josh Allen can drop 5 TD's on the pats or mahomes drop 5 on the Steelers in playoff games? This is what elite QB's can do.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Been pounding the 3rd RB here since early april.
What...Pollard and Clements can't run? Much of this debacle can be put squarely at the feet of Kellen "Won't Run" Moore. If they bring him back next year I won't watch.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I feel like ****.
Yeah I think its finally setting in for me too. Woke up feeling like a death occurred.

I feel for my own happiness the less involved I get with the team the better

hopefully someday we will have the best qb in the league and return to glory but until then we aint it

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean, you didn’t expect this . That’s your own fault

mugsybows

Reaction score
Ya know the one thing I realized is the cowboys and will mcclay have done exceptional jobs finding great talent at other positions but the one area they have kinda always just settled in is the QB spot

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I feel bad for a lot of you on here who I argued with about Dak and what he was as a player.

This is not fun at all and no matter how good our roster looks or anything I’ll just never believe in this team with Dak as the QB.

I like the guy and I want him to have a title but he’s just not a good player.

I feel bad for him in a way because he works so hard and he’s such a good leader but his contract has destroyed any chance my team has of winning anything ever.

This was Dak’s game to show who he was. He crapped the bed. Can’t blame being a “young” QB. Can’t blame it on having a “bad” D.

He has zero excuses. I don’t want to hear about refs either bc most of the penalties were pre snap, and IF he is such a great leader— why wasn’t he able to get his teammates to lock in and focus?

No. Dak is an overpaid, over-hyped, under performing player who has to have everything around him perfect in order to win. He showed us who he was, and no amount of ref shaming and blame shifting will change that.