I’m Over It

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Watching the board fall the way it did felt like we were destined to pick Tyler Smith.

I’m over it though. All we can do is hope the Cowboys scouted him well.

I do see some discernible talent there. I think if we play him at OG that could possibly help him with the some of the penalty issues as he’s not dealing with quicker players beating him, causing him to reach as much; he’s more protected inside.

Also, it’s worth mentioning Joe Philbin probably had a lot of input in evaluating this player. FWIW, Broaddus has been consistently saying Philbin was not a fan of McGovern who was a “scouts’ pick.”
Cowboys listened to Marinelli several years ago with the Taco Charlton pick, and that turned out to be a disaster. Now, they've made the same mistake listening to Philbin.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Watching the board fall the way it did felt like we were destined to pick Tyler Smith.

I’m over it though. All we can do is hope the Cowboys scouted him well.

I do see some discernible talent there. I think if we play him at OG that could possibly help him with the some of the penalty issues as he’s not dealing with quicker players beating him, causing him to reach as much; he’s more protected inside.

Also, it’s worth mentioning Joe Philbin probably had a lot of input in evaluating this player. FWIW, Broaddus has been consistently saying Philbin was not a fan of McGovern who was a “scouts’ pick.”
Good take...

BobSacamano

Reaction score
He's not a full time DE. His ability to be a flex guy and rush from a variety of places while also being able to drop into coverage is what makes him a stud. Playing him as a hand in the dirt DE nearly every down is just a poor use of his overall skill set.
He’s a LEO in Dan Quinn’s scheme.