I’m sure the cowboys could have done that

phildadon86

Reaction score
Stafford was clutch all post season.
Really? Let me put the Dak spin on this for you.

Win against Tampa. “Dak got lucky kupp was single covered”

win against San Fran “Dak almost cost us the game with that stupid throw in Tarts direction. Lucky he dropped it”

Win the Super Bowl “well he didn’t win MVP and without the refs help we lose he’s still overpaid and not clutch”

that’s exactly what some people here would be saying about Dak winning the Super Bowl. I’d bet money on it.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

win against San Fran “Dak almost cost us the game with that stupid throw in Tarts direction. Lucky he dropped it”

Win the Super Bowl “well he didn’t win MVP and without the refs help we lose he’s still overpaid and not clutch”

that’s exactly what some people here would be saying about Dak winning the Super Bowl. I’d bet money on it.
Bottom line is Stafford got the wins, but you’re probably not wrong.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Rams got the wins. You think Stafford sniffs the SB without Donald?
You think anybody winning the Super Bowl doesn’t get help from their D? Bottom line is football has 3 phases O,D,&ST.Stafford certainly did his part when it mattered the most.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
And just like the Eagles when they won, they went after players in FA.

Section446

Reaction score
Stafford already was.

Burrow was on the cusp before the season. Some even had him ahead of Dak already (not me), but it's a no brainer now.

Mahomes
Rodgers
Allen
Stafford
Burrow
Herbert

If that's not your top 6 right now then you don't know what you're watching.
Dak isn't even in the same conversation as those guys, totally different caliber of player.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

The Rams got the wins. You think Stafford sniffs the SB without Donald?

Interesting.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
..,,,,they were also big time active in Free Agency and know how that part of the game is to be played
They gambled their future by picking up those players and trading draft picks and won big time. They have some decisions to make regarding the salary cap. They could cut stafford and save $23M with zero dead cap pre-June 1. If they cut Whitworth pre-June 1 they save $16M. OBJ's contract voids on 2/24, so he's likely gone, especially now with the apparent knee injury. I heard a rumor this morning that Donald is considering retirement as well.

kskboys

Reaction score

I think you might want to start limiting who you listen to on these boards!!!!!!!

GMO415

Reaction score
Both teams gave the ball to their stars, unlike Dallas giving it to third stringers continuously.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Aikman said he :grin:would stack our roster up against any team. He knows a little more than a few here...me for sure.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rams are the perfect example of doing whatever it takes to win:

You draft a QB to be your guy, he does it for a year or so but clearly shows he's not "the one", so you move on and don't waste anytime.

You bring in OBJ who, by most accounts was a problem in Cleveland, but you have a culture in place that you know he will buy into.

Who cares about 1st round picks? Get players than you know for sure are good instead of pinning your hopes on rookies that may or may not pan out. If you're not drafting your franchise QB with that first round pick then trade it for a Jalen Ramsey or Matt Stafford.

Then, the most important thing, hire a young/innovative coach instead of recycling from the fired old guard. I mean, just look at the last 4 teams standing. McVey, Taylor, Shanahan, and LeFleur. The oldest being Shanahan and Lefleur at 42 years old.

And here we are, doubling down on a guy who can’t get it done and paying him $160 million, THEN refusing to creatively acquire talent because according to Stephen, “you always pay too much in free agency or trades”.

So we’re stuck rooting for a team that’s building exclusively through the draft and throwing in a few minimum salary free agents who they hope plays better in Dallas than they have elsewhere.

Year after year after year.

But we still have a ton of people on this board who believe we’re gonna be in every super bowl.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Right...they let them play and then didn't when it counted.
That play was beyond letting them play.That was an egregious miss against Higgins.Refs made up for it though with D holding call on Cinn LBer against Kupp near the goal line.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bengals defense impressed me.
Talk about a group coming together later in the season.
They beat Kansas City twice, the Titans, and then almost the Rams.
The Rams had no chance at running on those guys.