I’m sure the cowboys could have done that

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
That play was beyond letting them play.That was an egregious miss against Higgins.Refs made up for it though with D holding call on Cinn LBer against Kupp near the goal line.
That non call on Higgins is a 7 point missed call.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That play was beyond letting them play.That was an egregious miss against Higgins.Refs made up for it though with D holding call on Cinn LBer against Kupp near the goal line.
Yeah, the HIggens missed call that nearly flipped the entire game and gifted the Bengals 7 points was worse than all the rest combined.

People talking like the 3 penalties called on the last drive for sure won or lost the game.
  • 1 was called on 3rd down...so that was the closest to having an impact
  • 1 was on 1st down and was offsetting...nullified a Rams TD.
  • 1 was also on 1st down, so it basically prolonged the inevitable.

Last edited:

Carter

Reaction score
Rams had one shot and went all in. It paid off. If they would have lost they would be bottom feeders for the next years. Most of their stars will leave now in Free Agency cause they cant keep them. They dont have a first Round Pick in the next three years, and in some they dont have a 2nd or 3rd either.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rams had one shot and went all in. It paid off. If they would have lost they would be bottom feeders for the next years. Most of their stars will leave now in Free Agency cause they cant keep them. They dont have a first Round Pick in the next three years, and in some they dont have a 2nd or 3rd either.
It's not as bad as it seems, Carter.

Their 3 main stars BY FAR are Donald, Kupp, and Stafford.

They aren't going anywhere unless Donald retires.

Plus they get pro bowl level WR Robert Woods back from injury next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Stafford is a FA after next season, does his agent now look for extension?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stafford is a FA after next season, does his agent now look for extension?
Probably
I was replying to the statement that they would lose all their stars this upcoming season.
I don't think they'll lose Stafford....or Kupp or Donald either.

Their issue will be not having a 1st rounder for a few years.
Even though we are talking the 32nd pick this year and probably late 1st rd next year too, that could eventually bite them.

I'm sure they are 100% happy how it worked out though!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Probably
I was replying to the statement that they would lose all their stars this upcoming season.

Even though we are talking the 32nd pick this year and probably late 1st rd next year too, that could eventually bite them.

True

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Probably

Frankly looking at the 2 teams I think Cinn in in the best shape, young team 55 mill under the cap. I think they have a chance to be very good for a while.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rams reached the Superbowl in 2019 with Donald & Kupp only to lose vs 13-3 vs Brady. That said, it's not the players, but the coaches that have the biggest impact on championships.

The proofs in the pudding. Always has been. Dallas fans should see this being great coaches were behind those 5 Lombardi's.

mardwin

Reaction score
I like Cooper but Kupp is a tier beyond. Right now Adams is the only WR is the same league as Kupp. Cooper is a top 10 WR in the NFL and Kupp is top 2.

Ask yourself this question, was Kupp as productive under Goff as he is with Stafford? The answer is "NO!". Stafford is willing to go to Kupp when he's double covered, singled, or in zone. Dak doesn't do that with Cooper.

Aven8

Reaction score
In a game where the refs weren’t really throwing flags we would have still had 10.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Frankly looking at the 2 teams I think Cinn in in the best shape, young team 55 mill under the cap. I think they have a chance to be very good for a while.
I do to.
Their problem is that they're in the AFC with already strong or rising teams :BIlls, Chiefs, maybe Chargers, and if Broncos get Rodgers....

But if they can do a makeover of their line, as the Chiefs did, lookout.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question, was Kupp as productive under Goff as he is with Stafford? The answer is "NO!". Stafford is willing to go to Kupp when he's double covered, singled, or in zone. Dak doesn't do that with Cooper.
Not even close.
Kupp's production increased 80-90% with Stafford

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rams reached the Superbowl in 2019 with Donald & Kupp only to lose vs 13-3 vs Brady. That said, it's not the players, but the coaches that have the biggest impact on championships.

The proofs in the pudding. Always has been. Dallas fans should see this being great coaches were behind those 5 Lombardi's.
Coaching is huge.

The 2018 Rams caught the league off-guard with the McVay offense. Now several teams use it, including Cincinnati.
They also had Todd Gurley running wild and a dominant rush offense.

As always, the league caught on and found Goff's limitations.
Stafford was a huge upgrade, and opened things up.

75boyz

Reaction score
Not trying to downplay or diminish the spirit of your OP at all JWoot, but for this team to even reach that game is practically out of my comprehension level, lol.

Loso86

Reaction score
The Rams just cemented my opinion of what a clown show the Cowboys organization is.

STAFFORD, COOPER KUPP, and AARON DONALD single-handedly won the Rams a championship.

how?

because the Rams insisted on giving the ball and entrusting the game to their stars.

You think Dak would have made that drive? Would he have thrown to any of his top guys? Nope. “take what the defense gives you”, right? What a joke.

You think Tank Lawrence would step up when a championship is on the line? HA. That concept is beyond laughable.

Everyone in the world knew that Kupp was all Stafford had, and yet, they force fed the best WR the ball and won the whole damn thing.

The cowboys are not even close to the same caliber as either of these teams.

Why was I cursed to being a diehard fan as a child?
Might as well save this post and just post it every time. It's the same we don't win and Cowboys suck blah blah, this is the way blah blah, our players suck blah blah

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Rams just cemented my opinion of what a clown show the Cowboys organization is.

STAFFORD, COOPER KUPP, and AARON DONALD single-handedly won the Rams a championship.

how?

because the Rams insisted on giving the ball and entrusting the game to their stars.

You think Dak would have made that drive? Would he have thrown to any of his top guys? Nope. “take what the defense gives you”, right? What a joke.

You think Tank Lawrence would step up when a championship is on the line? HA. That concept is beyond laughable.

Everyone in the world knew that Kupp was all Stafford had, and yet, they force fed the best WR the ball and won the whole damn thing.

The cowboys are not even close to the same caliber as either of these teams.

Why was I cursed to being a diehard fan as a child?
I think a big part of the problem is the GM thinks his best players are the ones getting the most money. That's a big wrench tossed into the works.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's not as bad as it seems, Carter.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Stafford call it quits. He made a boatload of money and finally has his ring. He's been beaten up through his career, his wife has had health problems. He might be the kind of guy that goes out on top and enjoys the rest of his life. Plus the rams can save $23M against the cap if he is a pre-June 1 cut.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me to see Stafford call it quits. He made a boatload of money and finally has his ring. He's been beaten up through his career, his wife has had health problems. He might be the kind of guy that goes out on top and enjoys the rest of his life. Plus the rams can save $23M against the cap if he is a pre-June 1 cut.
no way

Finally escaped purgatory and he is going to play a few years and enjoy some winning.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
no way

Finally escaped purgatory and he is going to play a few years and enjoy some winning.
They won't be winning much if they have to start cutting guys to get under the salary cap and they have no draft picks to replace them.