I’m telling you. don’t be surprised if Troy comes to save the day

links18

Reaction score
Troy has too much personal integrity to work for Jerry. For years, the rumor in Dallas has been Troy cannot stand Jerry Jones. Work for him? It will snow in Dallas on July 4th before that happens.

There were even rumours Troy wanted out of Dallas when Jimmy went to Miami. Troy might not be in the business of bad mouthing the Jones family right now, because he needs to sound objective in his current gig, but I cant see him working for them. Irvin might.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why on earth would Troy Aikman be qualified to run this team? It would be even MORE of a slap in the face to fans.

Jerry: "I've decided I'm not fit or qualified to run this organization. So I hired someone with no coaching or front office experience to run it."

What?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I'd love to see Troy in a GM role.
hell...hire him tonight to be off coord.
Listened to Aikmans podcast with Brad Sham this morning and he reiterated again he wants to get back into football and soon. And it would be in the Elway role.

I can see Jerry saying we’ve tried everything else, let’s let Troy run the team and be the guy who Will McClay reports to.

Lincoln Riley would be the HC and Troy takes the Elway role. McClay stays for one year of continuity and then leaves after Aikman gets a feel for his guys. He’s made a lot of good contacts over the years broadcasting.

Jerry also said after the game he has to do better as well.

I’m putting the odds of this happening at 15%.

Lincoln Riley as HC I believe calls to his agent start tonight to begin legwork. - 80% chance.
Oh my, you’re saying this disaster has a 15% chance of getting much worse?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Troy has too much personal integrity to work for Jerry. For years, the rumor in Dallas has been Troy cannot stand Jerry Jones. Work for him? It will snow in Dallas on July 4th before that happens.
His girls don’t graduate high school for 4 more years. He said he doesn’t want to wait 4 years to start his next venture. I doubt he moves them while in school.

His new wife also has kids. If he gets back into football I think it will be here in some capacity. I also think timing is key. He wouldn’t say those things on a cowboy podcast if it didn’t have a possibility.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Because Troy would take Stephen and Jerry’s role on personnel decisions. Stephen still manages cap but Troy sets tone for franchise.
Wait did I miss something? What qualifies Troy to run a franchise? Is he a HoF QB, yes. But that doesn’t come close to qualifying him to run a football team. Let him practice on the Browns, no more on the job training for former QBs...

Verdict

Reaction score
Listened to Aikmans podcast with Brad Sham this morning and he reiterated again he wants to get back into football and soon. And it would be in the Elway role.

I can see Jerry saying we’ve tried everything else, let’s let Troy run the team and be the guy who Will McClay reports to.

Lincoln Riley would be the HC and Troy takes the Elway role. McClay stays for one year of continuity and then leaves after Aikman gets a feel for his guys. He’s made a lot of good contacts over the years broadcasting.

Lincoln Riley as HC I believe calls to his agent start tonight to begin legwork. - 80% chance.

Troy would be worse than Jerry. I'm not impressed with Troy. Besides he's not leaving his man crush Joe Buck.

Lincoln Riley would be a great hire. I would be all for replacing Garrett with Riley or having Rikey as OC but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Riley has job stability at a very high pay rate.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What exactly qualifies Troy to build a team? Mean haven't we learned with Garret already?
What you need at the top are good decision makers. Troy has shown over the years he can do that fantastically.

He’s made enough contacts over the years and recently has been asking for peoples advice if he were to do it how some of it works. He spent OTAs with the Panthers to get a feel for it.

cern

Reaction score
you can't save a franchise unless you have a certifiable franchise qb. Elway saved the broncos. when he had manning. after manning retired, Elway hasn't exactly been walking on water. and you also need a good hc with good coordinators. we have none of the above.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Love to see Troy in a role like Elway... Does that mean Joe Buck will tag along?

FTWayne

Reaction score
Troy would probably say bad things about the players. "I hate T-roy"

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Didn't Truly lobby hard for David Lafleur... said he would be better than Novacek... not sure he is good at picking talent.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Stephen will succeed Jerry after he passes on in 2047. Spaulding will then take the Jones cartel baton after Stephen dies. Jerry doesnt care about winning or getting a gm because he would have to admit decades of mistakes. We will put the first man on the sun before Jerry steps down as gm.