I’m telling you. don’t be surprised if Troy comes to save the day

kumizi

Reaction score
No thanks

He's a decent student of the game but from listening to him broadcast, he's not as sharp as Romo or even Collinsworth.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
That would suck because Troy will not fire JG.

Why wouldn't he ? A lot of the Cowboy players from the '90's didn't like Aikman because they said he was a bastood perfectionist......................I find it difficult to believe he would protect Garrett because he was his backup at one time....................

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Parcells probably can't even control his bowels at this point.

Didn't say Pracells thought. said a "parcells type" I mean many of us wanted Garrett to do well, because well he had cowboys ties and we all had fond memories of that thanksgiving game when he beat Greenbay and Farve. Aikman was a great Quarterback and is a great announcer, but I haven't seen any proof that he can build a team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't say Pracells thought. said a "parcells type" I mean many of us wanted Garrett to do well, because well he had cowboys ties and we all had fond memories of that thanksgiving game when he beat Greenbay and Farve. Aikman was a great Quarterback and is a great announcer, but I haven't seen any proof that he can build a team.

There are no Parcells types. He's the greatest Mr. Fix it the league has ever seen.

That's like saying we need to find a Tom Brady type at QB.

Zman5

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he ? A lot of the Cowboy players from the '90's didn't like Aikman because they said he was a bastood perfectionist......................I find it difficult to believe he would protect Garrett because he was his backup at one time....................

Because they are good buddies.

MS17

Reaction score
I may sound like a heretic or something, but it just might be that the organization needs a complete top down overhaul, fresh faces hired, from the owner to janitorial staff. Keep dreaming, I know.

bodi

Reaction score
Matt LaFleur - as HC

Washington Commanders (2010–2013)
Quarterbacks coach
Notre Dame (2014)
Quarterbacks coach
Atlanta Falcons (2015–2016)
Quarterbacks coach
Los Angeles Rams (2017)
Offensive coordinator
Tennessee Titans (2018–present)
Offensive coordinator

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
There are no Parcells types. He's the greatest Mr. Fix it the league has ever seen.

That's like saying we need to find a Tom Brady type at QB.

I'm sure there are Parcells types out there somewhere. Mostly unknowns like Aikman would be, but there are people who have more on their resume than Aikman would have. Guess my dream would be for Sean Payton to come down here some day. But still, what qualifies Aikman? Heck Aikman is a Garrett defender.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fans have to stop dreaming of Aikman as GM or Romo as OC go come save us from ourselves. They are rich, comfortable celebrities. You need a grinder and someone who's livelihood is tied into their success. Eric DeCosta could have been ideal but he's finally getting promoted to GM with Ozzie Newsome retiring.

Taylor Morton, Les Snead's righthand man, would be one of my first calls. Tim Terry would be another name I'd look into.

But as long as Jerry Jones insists on playing GM and surrounding himself with yes men, nothing else matters.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur - as HC

Washington Commanders (2010–2013)
Quarterbacks coach
Notre Dame (2014)
Quarterbacks coach
Atlanta Falcons (2015–2016)
Quarterbacks coach
Los Angeles Rams (2017)
Offensive coordinator
Tennessee Titans (2018–present)
Offensive coordinator

Not a horrible choice but would get walked all over by Jerry so we'd have some of the same problems. Offense and play calling would be better though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy is probably not a giant Jerry fan. Jerry shoved Barry Switzer and Chan Gailey down his throat and basically deep sixed the back half of Troy's career.
Plus Booger lied and said Aikman retired and I have never seen him that hot before. I think he knows the Jones clan too well to get involved but he could very well end up back in some team's honcho role.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As I recall, as far a Troy being our GM, he once recommended David LaFleur as our 1st round pick at TE. So, how did that work out? :rolleyes:

bodi

Reaction score
Not a horrible choice but would get walked all over by Jerry so we'd have some of the same problems. Offense and play calling would be better though.

ALL well Jerry;s choice

I have grown tired of his choices

heck I be six foot under before they ever win again

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Troy as the GM
Lincoln Riley as the head coach
Tony as the Offensive Coordinator

...I'd be glued to my Cowboy seat and fully invested again because I sure as hell am not now.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Listened to Aikmans podcast with Brad Sham this morning and he reiterated again he wants to get back into football and soon. And it would be in the Elway role.

I can see Jerry saying we’ve tried everything else, let’s let Troy run the team and be the guy who Will McClay reports to.

Lincoln Riley would be the HC and Troy takes the Elway role. McClay stays for one year of continuity and then leaves after Aikman gets a feel for his guys. He’s made a lot of good contacts over the years broadcasting.

Jerry also said after the game he has to do better as well.

I’m putting the odds of this happening at 15%.

Lincoln Riley as HC I believe calls to his agent start tonight to begin legwork. - 80% chance.

For a minute their reading the title I thought you meant Aikman was coming out of retirement to QB this team.:lmao2:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would Will McClay report to Tory? Will McClay is the only good thing the front office has going for it.

That's my saving grace. We still have Will McClay and the rest of the league doesn't.

We may not ever win but at least we can marvel at all the talent.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't think it will happen. However, the Cowboys need people who know football. Jerry and Stephen has no clue on football. Garrett and Linehan are as clueless also. Aikman would be a great help and asset for sure. Especially injecting some football knowledge into the FO and the head coaching position.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I don't want ANYONE associated with the Jones family or this franchise coming in to try to save anything. The relationship that they have with Garrett is why he is still here.