I agree with Jerry, if we sign Zeke to a new deal, what if he holds out again?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets say we sign Zeke to a new 5 year contract...…...2 or 3 years from now, Barkley gets a new market setting contract for a RB, but Zeke still leads the league in rushing every season.

Is Zeke going to say, "that's not fair, I had more yards rushing than Barkley so I need to make more than him" so Zeke holds out again before his contract is up demanding "renegotiation".

Whats to keep Zeke from doing this?

Serious Question.

Nothing but can we afford to go into this season without him?
Hence all the Hoopla......

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just dont understand how some are eager to move on from Zeke. Probably the most gifted RB weve had since Emmitt

Cause they miss this....when Zeke was out for 6 games our offense was on fire baby!!!

He was literally the worst quarterback in the league (and one of the worst in recent memory) the instant Zeke was taken off the field. He became the only QB in at least 10 years to turn the ball over 8+ times and throw 0 TDs over a 3 game span!

Guess our fans or some of them at least love Field Goals and getting spanked at home by playoff teams!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
My problem with Zeke goes to character. Once he gets a new deal, is his performance gonna drop? He hasn't proved to be a trustworthy person. His off field behavior doesn't show he can be trusted to give max effort once he gets a big contract.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is not holding anyone hostage?

He has demanded to be the highest paid RB in NFL history and he will not play a down of football for the team until that happens.

A player under contract refusing to play unless he is made the highest paid in the league at his position. If that is not holding the team hostage, I really dont know what is

If the team can play without him, there are no hostages, team wise. If anything, Zeke is the hostage. He is not able to play. If he has painted himself into a corner; I guess he must wait on the paint to dry.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Then you cut him loose. If we sign him to a 5 year deal now then it’s 2 years early and basically a 3 year extension. Most of the guaranteed money will be paid in the first 3 years. If he held out after 3 years then I fine him and do everything I can to trade him. Means we got 1 year out of him.

Thinking about trading him now and moving on.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nothing but can we afford to go into this season without him?
Hence all the Hoopla......

This is setting a horrible precedent for the team going forward. Oh, and LVE just realized this and says his 5 year deal just became a 3 year deal. He, just like Zeke, aint playing the last two years of his rookie deal since the precedent is now set that you will redo deals after 3 years.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is setting a horrible precedent for the team going forward. Oh, and LVE just realized this and says his 5 year deal just became a 3 year deal. He, just like Zeke, aint playing the last two years of his rookie deal since the precedent is now set that you will redo deals after 3 years.

Stephen Jones said and I quote "Zeke is the straw that stirs our drink" not Dak not Coop but Zeke!
Guess the Straw wants his dues now....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said and I quote "Zeke is the straw that stirs our drink" not Dak not Coop but Zeke!
Guess the Straw wants his dues now....

Stephen Jones also said "they will not be market setters with contracts".

Guess that is why Zeke is still sitting in Cabo.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lets say we sign Zeke to a new 5 year contract...…...2 or 3 years from now, Barkley gets a new market setting contract for a RB, but Zeke still leads the league in rushing every season.

Is Zeke going to say, "that's not fair, I had more yards rushing than Barkley so I need to make more than him" so Zeke holds out again before his contract is up demanding "renegotiation".

Serious Question.

Lets hope hes playing that good in 3-4 years.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then you cut him loose. If we sign him to a 5 year deal now then it’s 2 years early and basically a 3 year extension. Most of the guaranteed money will be paid in the first 3 years. If he held out after 3 years then I fine him and do everything I can to trade him. Means we got 1 year out of him.

Thinking about trading him now and moving on.

Trade him to what team? Any trade would be a loss for the team; unless Dallas just wants to get rid of him.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Serious Question.

Make Zeke honor his existing contract or Jerry could get together with all the other owners and boycott Elliot . Make him find work outside the NFL because he has proved detrimental to the league

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones also said "they will not be market setters with contracts".

Guess that is why Zeke is still sitting in Cabo.

If you want a guarantee that Zeke doesn't pull this stuff again get a QB who can pass and trust me Zeke wont dare to consider ever holding out again!!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
That's what happens if a player's signature on a contract is allowed to mean nothing.
Demanding a new contract and holding out 2 years early is ridiculous. To reward Zeke handsomely for such premature greed would set a bad precedent.
Should everybody head for Cabo every time one player comes in at a higher salary? Where does it end? It's like a big snow ball rolling downhill.

I say it ends with the Owners lead by Jerry boycotting Elliot and making the example of what happens when you try and do this . Make him try and get top money in Canada

glimmerman

Reaction score
Trade him to what team? Any trade would be a loss for the team; unless Dallas just wants to get rid of him.
If we aren’t going to pay him or get agreement with him then trade him after he sits for this season. Get what you can. But I don’t see another team giving him what he wants. He will be forced to come back down to earth and take what’s offered. I do think his agent is gonna cost him money.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say it ends with the Owners lead by Jerry boycotting Elliot and making the example of what happens when you try and do this . Make him try and get top money in Canada

This is America last time I checked?????
There are Anti-Trust laws and what's next whippings and electric chairs for players who want there cash?
Jeez man takes all kinds I guess....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I just dont understand how some are eager to move on from Zeke. Probably the most gifted RB weve had since Emmitt

I just don't understand why some don't understand that Zeke is not the only talented guy standing in line for a raise, and that the team's payroll is subject to a SALARY CAP.

So to comply with the salary cap, which of our starters do you believe should take a cut in their salaries in order to pad Zeke's greedy pocket? Hmmm?
If you were one of those starters, would you take a cut and give it to Zeke?
Do you suppose those other starters will gladly comply to said salary cuts to satisfy Zeke's greed?

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
OK find, but what's the excuse for Dak, Coop, and Jones NOT being signed either and they're in camp. Like I said before, yea, there's a better way Zeke could have handled this but Jerry and Stephen's hands are just as dirty IMO.
Jerry and Stephen...….straight dirty with that analogy.