I agree with Jerry, if we sign Zeke to a new deal, what if he holds out again?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And who else besides Zeke. I bet half the owners in the league have signaled to Jerry not to cave on this.

The funny thing about all of the Zeke hate is this; other players in different positions are fleecing teams for undeserved contracts. How dare Ezekiel challenge the status quo!

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Jerry wants Zeke signed first because his is going to be the lowest paid of the 3.
If Dak gets $30m and Cooper $20m, it’s going to get harder to get Zeke to agree to take what’s currently being offered.
Jerry knows this, but also Zeke and his agent know how it works also.
If Zeke had already signed, chances are Dak and Cooper would also.
Pay Dak and Cooper now anyway. Rewarding the guy who is trying to take an 8 month lunch break is just wrong.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pay Dak and Cooper now anyway. Rewarding the guy who is trying to take an 8 month lunch break is just wrong.

All of these players talk about money.

Zeke went first. Cooper or Dak will holdout next.

They are taking turns.

Rayman70

Reaction score
no one here hates Zeke. I cant speak about the TV pundits. They got their ax to grind I suppose. I think most of us commoners here, from the outside lookin in, know how much of a privilege it is to play a kids sport for huge bank. Its hard to wrap our brains around someone ..ie a player, turning down millions on a deal he already signed with 2 years left. so he can be paid MORE MILLIONS. See how that looks? Optics of how his business is being handled is real bad.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The funny thing about all of the Zeke hate is this; other players in different positions are fleecing teams for undeserved contracts. How dare Ezekiel challenge the status quo!

True.

And Zeke is under paid by half.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Zeke’s head ain’t right. He needs to scratch gravel at this point. Find us someone who knows what to do when it’s an “and goal.”

DuncanIso

Reaction score
no one here hates Zeke. I cant speak about the TV pundits. They got their ax to grind I suppose. I think most of us commoners here, from the outside lookin in, know how much of a privilege it is to play a kids sport for huge bank. Its hard to wrap our brains around someone ..ie a player, turning down millions on a deal he already signed with 2 years left. so he can be paid MORE MILLIONS. See how that looks? Optics of how his business is being handled is real bad.

Because they have short careers.

They have to earn their money now.

Plus he has leverage.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Plus he has leverage.
he has ZERO LEVERAGE. You are right on the other 2 points. What leverage does he have? Dallas has all the cards...until they don't and they start losing without him. THEN you may be right. For now...he has nada.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
All of these players talk about money.

Zeke went first. Cooper or Dak will holdout next.

They are taking turns.
Dak and Cooper are where they are supposed to be. It seems to matter to Dak and Cooper that this team has the best shot at a super bowl since the 90’s. Selfish Zeke doesn’t care about his team, teammates or fans. He is the anti-teammate.

pansophy

Reaction score
I just dont understand how some are eager to move on from Zeke. Probably the most gifted RB weve had since Emmitt
Because RB is the easiest position to replace in the draft, and super bowl winners having star RBs is the rare exception, not the rule.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
True.

And Zeke is under paid by half.

Not if he had accepted Jerry's generous offer.
And not by the standard of the rookie contract he personally agreed to and signed. And there was nothing wrong with that contract at the time it was signed.
He signed a rookie contract worth 24 million dollars with 16 mil for signing bonus.
Oh yeah he was REALLY getting ripped. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because RB is the easiest position to replace in the draft, and super bowl winners having star RBs is the rare exception, not the rule.

What is required to win a Superbowl? Not a star RB, QB, receiver; top offense, or defense, special teams. It can't be coaching, or luck. What indeed, is required to win a Superbowl?

Rayman70

Reaction score

Plus he has leverage.
I am curious on 1 point. Don't you think 12 mil is enough to put into your savings and bank roll? That's the grand total Zeke is scheduled to earn the next 2 years. I get it...GO GET THE CASH now while the iron is hot so to speak. More power to him if he can squeeze the Jones' for it. Here is my own issue with this. Wouldn't the optics of this be much better he had went about this quietly and come into camp and practiced and played? I don't know of any negotiation that would end well after holding out services. I think the employer would never forgive that entire fiasco. Amari Cooper handled his business like a true professional and showed up to work...and will get his deal soon. So did Dak. Zeke should have as well...just a little humility and professionalism would have went a long way here. He has showed none of that...and the optics look very dirty. I don't blame Zeke.He's been actually kinda quiet. His agent is the one I blame.He is getting very bad counsel. Zeke will learn from this mistake I feel and be better for it later. He's a good guy and we ought to remember how young he is still. Forget his stature and the money. We all gotta learn life lessons. He's no different. Only difference is, its playing out in the media. NOT ON HIM. Its on his agent and Jerry Jones I think Zeke will be here week 1 or 2...and all will be fine again. Amari will get signed soon,as well as Dak. The triplets paired with Pollard and Gallup,Witten...wow!!! AND WATCH out for Blake Jarwin this year. He will be a break out star. Jay Novacek 2.0.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes and Zeke is disqualifying himself from the opportunity to be a part of it. That's not the Cowboy's fault, it's Zeke's.
Zeke should not be allowed to hold his team hostage by breaching his contract prematurely.
One year early is commonplace, but 2 years early with a holdout is ridiculous.
Ultimately why does one year really make a difference unless we weren’t planning on extending him?

Zeke holding out is the part of the business fans don’t like. We just want to see them on the field.

Last edited:

Legend

Reaction score
What is required to win a Superbowl? Not a star RB, QB, receiver; top offense, or defense, special teams. It can't be coaching, or luck. What indeed, is required to win a Superbowl?

For Cowboys need top offense, defense, special teams, and luck to overcome superior opponent coaching.

pansophy

Reaction score
An elite passer (Brady, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers), a passer on a hot streak (Foles), or an elite pass rush (Giants) / Defense ( Seahawks, Baltimore) seem to be the most consistent qualities.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
What are you saying?
1) Zeke doesn’t have good judgement.
2) I would prefer the team trade him.
3) Zeke’s goal line performance is very disappointing. Zeke was 17th in yards per attempt. Had 50% more fumbles than the next closest RB. Was tied for 19th in the NFL among RB’s for rushing TD’s. Came in at 36 in the rankings for longest rushing TD.

pansophy

Reaction score
Should probably add avoiding injury, or having sufficient depth to avoid a drop off when it hits. We have been very bad at part of the game, which comes down to cap management. Another reason not to overpay Zeke.

pansophy

Reaction score
1) Zeke doesn’t have good judgement.
2) I would prefer the team trade him.
3) Zeke’s goal line performance is very disappointing. Zeke was 17th in yards per attempt. Had 50% more fumbles than the next closest RB. Was tied for 19th in the NFL among RB’s for rushing TD’s. Came in at 36 in the rankings for longest rushing TD.
His stats are bloated by having 43 more carries than the next guy, agreed. What was his fumbles per attempt though?