I ain't giving up on Trey Lance

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
Good luck with that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't walk away, folks! The drama is just now getting juicy! All we're foolishly anticipating, here, is a freaking miracle! :dance:

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
The applause is deafening.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If I’m understanding you, you’re indicating that nothing Lance has done in his NFL career to date convinces you he can’t be a proficient starting quarterback in the NFL. May I ask what he’d have to do to convince you he can’t?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I’m understanding you, you’re indicating that nothing Lance has done in his NFL career to date convinces you he can’t be a proficient starting quarterback in the NFL. May I ask what he’d have to do to convince you he can’t?
I would say if throwing 5 ints in a preseason game to back ups doesn't convince you, then nothing will

sbark

Reaction score
He actually put up big numbers the last PS game, saw stats of 350 yds, add the rush yards.....nobody had done since like 2017.

But off course offset by the 5 piks
We can be like Dakstans....1 was a tip ball, 1 was a essentially a strip fumble, ....but no excuses here...

I do think teams are onto MM offense and can influence which side the Dallas QB chooses with pressure....and then get extra DB's to the correct side.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I keep hearing that Trey Lance would be better if he got more playing time. The fact is, if he were any good he would be getting more playing time. The guy simply isn't any good. This is his 4th year in the NFL and he still has accuracy issues on 10 and 15 yard passes. He still processes information slowly and throws late on plays. He hasn't been good in practice and he hasn't been good in any of the preseason games so I am not sure what else we need to see from the guy. He can't even beat out Cooper Rush and some of you guys think he is the solution to replacing Dak.. If Dak is not retained in 2025 then we need to look outside the organization and current roster for our next starting QB. Rush's ceiling is a back up QB and I am not sure Lance is really anything more than a 3rd string QB or practice squad QB at this point. The only use I see for him at this point is putting him in the game every once in a while as a gadget player where he can run the ball from the QB position.

John813

Reaction score
A longer NFL career, actually playing, may be better suited to switch to RB or WR. The dude has size and can run.

I'm not sold he can get that mental side down of analyzing, correctly, what he's seeing out there in seconds.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Neither is Jerry. There were a ton of positives from Lance's play this preseason. The future is bright for this kid

starfan1

Reaction score
He part of th ABD crew he dont care who takes over as long as it isnt dak

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would love for Lance to be the starter ........ so we could have our pick of QB's in next years draft.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't be an instigator, good chap.;)
Trey Lance was never the future, but I see him as a future catastrophe.
Do tell . . . I believe you said the "applause are deafening." So, you were being sarcastic?! Perhaps you're an instigator, yourself. ;)

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The chances of that go up in flames once Dak signs a ridiculous extension
I realize that and I am fully expecting for Dak to be the highest paid player in the NFL, win 12 games this year again, ....... and then fall apart in the playoffs again.

And next year the Jones family will be talking about Pie and how much we do not have.

Rinse and repeat.

RonWashington

Reaction score
He actually put up big numbers the last PS game, saw stats of 350 yds, add the rush yards.....nobody had done since like 2017.

But off course offset by the 5 piks
We can be like Dakstans....1 was a tip ball, 1 was a essentially a strip fumble, ....but no excuses here...

I do think teams are onto MM offense and can influence which side the Dallas QB chooses with pressure....and then get extra DB's to the correct side.

Speaking of MM “ offense “ the running game has never heard of the “ edge “ . It’s Bronco Nagurski between the tackles or bust .